Women's Lingerie Leauge---Sport or disgrace to women???

Options

Replies

• BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm so excited to go! they have set the date of the tryouts but not the time or location...so i've been checking the website everyday! i'm so anxious!

Good luck!

P.s. You are my hero right now :love: So kick *kitten*! Have fun and you must give us every little detail after. :wink:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Where do they show this?? I'd watch. :bigsmile:
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Love it! Wish we had a team where I live. But no, our city mayor thought it "wouldn't be good for our city".
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I always assumed it was just a gimmick to sell T&A, but I watched one game and was VERY impressed by the athleticism and even football-specific skill level.
  • SqautsAndOats
    Options
    I'm not certain something an adult woman does on her on free will is degrading. Just my opinion.

However your hubby isn't fooling anybody. Nobody thinks it's a sport lol. It's just silly.

Yes this
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Where do they show this?? I'd watch. :bigsmile:

the season is over, but they usually have 1 game a week on friday nights aired on MTV2
  • n_unocero
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm so excited to go! they have set the date of the tryouts but not the time or location...so i've been checking the website everyday! i'm so anxious!

Good luck!

P.s. You are my hero right now :love: So kick *kitten*! Have fun and you must give us every little detail after. :wink:

haha thanks! idk if i should be anyone's hero (yet)! i'll definitely let everyone know how it goes on April 15th!
  • catatoniccutie
    Options
    Some women would find it degrading, while other women (this is my personal view) think it's great that these women are comfortable enough with their bodies to indulge in such a display. Yeah, the way it's marketed makes it seem like "Oh, that's all these women are good for is to stare at." I'll give you that one. But it's the same argument that I see a lot of the time for anything that involves a woman wearing less than a pair of loose jeans and a loose T-Shirt.

In short, (IN MY OPINION), I think that it's fine. If they're over 18 and doing this of their own free will, and they feel confident enough to do it in the first place, go for it! If I was confident enough, I probably would.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Ya, know, I was going to just breeze on after my first post, but I have a question for all the ladies calling these athletes "slores"

Do you know any of them personally? No?

Um, how would you like it if you were called a name because of doing something you love?

Oh, wait, if it's something like volley ball, or another female-centric sport, well then all is well. But what about all the little girls who grow up loving sports that are more male based? Such as football and hockey? What are they supposed to do? Hey, if they have to dress in stupid costumes to do what they love, then some of these women do it because they LOVE THE SPORT THAT MUCH. And do it regardless of women like you who attack them without even knowing them?

How would you like it if someone called your sister/daughter/mother/cousin/friend a *kitten* or slut? Where do you get off? I know a player personally, she's neither. Women in sports that are male dominated are not taken seriously, obviously. May I point out the WNBA?

Instead of being so judgemental, why not be helpful? Why not start a grass roots movement in your town so girls who love sports like this can go on and play when they're older and out of school? Instead of calling them names? Oh yeah, let's just let all the little girls in the world worship Brittney Spears instead? Because she's doing something of substance? These women, playing on the Lingerie Football League ALL HAVE FULL TIME JOBS. Most have college educations. Some are paying for their educations from the money.

I cannot believe that you'd call someone a name like that, you don't know them. Football is a tough sport. Let's see you get out there and compete against these "slores" as you call them. I bet you'd get your butt kicked. But yeah, you can stand behind your words instead, and be holier than thou. That's so much more supportive of women. You're the type of woman my daughter, and my friend have to fight against just to something so simple as to play a sport. Thanks for setting the womens movement back 15 years.

And to the Mods, you better damn believe I attacked. But by God, when someond attacks something they HAVE NO CLUE about, and it happens to attack a friend (whether she'll see this or not) then I will stand up for my friend and for all the women like her, INCLUDING my daughter, who yes, does not play football, but plays hockey and runs into women like the "slore" monger.

^^^ This, exactly.
    P.S. I don't care what you think of my sport.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Sport. Grown women choosing to play- not degrading. Nobody has a gun to thier head. They are undeniably good looking, but also very driven and talented. If watching men tackle each other wearing tights isn't degrading, why would you think this is?
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    reviving this topic from the dead....

tryout season is among us and i cannot wait to try out for the chicago bliss! i know i have a slim to none shot of making the team, but just saying i went out there and did it is gonna be a huge thing for me!

all the women i know who have any self confidence think the LFL is awesome! it's the women who could never pull off one of those uni's who are the haters! :)

Good Luck!!!!! I'll still have to cheer for the Green Bay Chill, but really, I cheer for all for those ladies, so I'll cheer for you too! You're parents must be so proud of you!

@ mellisant, do you play also? Who with?
  • Parris420
    Parris420 Posts: 69
    Options
    It ain't trickin if you got it....If you got it flaunt it!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Some of those women can hit like their male coutnerparts. I'll say it is a sport. The lingerie is a tactic to get people to watch. Guess it's working.

39742_o.gif

Edit; They do tend to tackle kind of high though. They need to get their pads lower.
  • n_unocero
    Options
    Some of those women can hit like their male coutnerparts. I'll say it is a sport. The lingerie is a tactic to get people to watch. Guess it's working.

39742_o.gif

Edit; They do tend to tackle kind of high though. They need to get their pads lower.

a few of those women even LOOK like their male counterparts! lol the LFL is no joke! they are expanding to canada and there are a bunch of women interested in PLAYING.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Perhaps those who think it is a disgrace should watch the movie League of Their Own
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer they play shirts vs. skins. or skins vs. skins
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately--like any breakout sport that women want to play--sexiness is marketed. However, some of these ladies can really play, and most of them are very serious about it. If they think it's worth going out there in skimpy clothes--more power to them. Some of their QB's are better than men. If there was a team near me, and I had the right fitness--I would play.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    No one is forcing them to play... therefore to me is not a disgrace - they make their own choice.... of course men are gonna love the sport...
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I think if women want to play sports in their underwear more power to em. No one is holding a gun to their head.

If I was smokin hot and had any athletic prowess, I'd be down.