Ok let's be honest here..................

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
Are you here more for VANITY reasons or HEALTH reasons? Personally I started mine for vanity, but it eventually bridged over to health and fitness.

So really why are you doing this? No judging here people just want opinions.

Replies

• circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Vanity!!! I don't want to look like all the other frumpy fat mom's at my kids school!!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Both.

Though the vanity is mainly for my own self-esteem not for others.

I don't want to be in a hospital. Creeps me out
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Both but mostly vanity because I need to be thinner to improve my self-esteem and confidence. And once I get that back it'll be for healthy reasons. So I guess one is leading me to the other.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've gone the other way round. Started for health, but now that my confidence has risen, a teeny bit of vanity is starting to creep in!!!!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    Call it what you will... I'm here for motivation to help keep myself in the army, and because of my father's issues with heart problems. And, there's that part of me that wants to look good in uniform, of course. ha I guess it's a mixture of both, with a side of honor and pride.
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Genuinely... 50/50. I'm only 28 and found out I HAD massively high blood pressure... so started exercising. Then thought I might as well slim down as I had become single again... so can honestly say 50/50! Although happy to admit that weight loss in the past has been 100% vanity.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Vanity for sure. I seriously couldn't give a monkeys about my health. Never have done. I don't want to live to a grand old age but I would like to look good while I'm here :happy:
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest. Vanity.
  • karyna30
    Options
    Vanity.. I want to be smokin' Hot someday..=)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to honestly say it's more for vanity. I was already healthy when I signed up here. I originally started tracking calories to help me get leaner. There was no health reason to get leaner; I just wanted to. Now I want to get stronger and bigger. Again I arguably won't be healthier if I do this; I just want to.

But that's not to say that this site is not useful for those who have a health motivation. Everyone has to start somewhere,and the people here who have "been there, done that" can be very helpful to the newbies. Though I have to say, the complete beginner might be hard pressed to decide who is legit and who is full of crap. This site shouldn't be one's MAIN tool, but rather just ONE tool in the arsenal. Reading some good books and gaining a true understanding on proper diet and fitness is highly recommended.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Both.
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    Started as vanity (my profile pic is me in 2009 - that's the goal, get back to THAT), but now that I've been on here for a while I'm totally into the nutrients and making sure I get the right KINDS of calories, it's working wonders and I feel fantastic.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i guess i would think that may be a part of it.. maybe 25% ... i don't love nor like the sight of my body and how can i try to enter an healthy releationship if i don't love me and i mean all of me.. and i want to wear cute clothes.. lol
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    For me i suppose its for vanity. I truly don't have a ton to lose and my health so far is good with no issues. After i had my little man 2 1/2 years ago i dont feel like myself and i want to get down to pre-baby weight (125 or so) so when we decide to have baby #2 i dont end up weighing even more. The healthy aspect is mixed in there too since i know if i let myself get any heavier the health issues wont be far behind.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    For me i suppose its for vanity. I truly don't have a ton to lose and my health so far is good with no issues. After i had my little man 2 1/2 years ago i dont feel like myself and i want to get down to pre-baby weight (125 or so) so when we decide to have baby #2 i dont end up weighing even more. The healthy aspect is mixed in there too since i know if i let myself get any heavier the health issues wont be far behind.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Health reasons are what tipped me over the edge after being overweight for so long, but it's vanity reasons (now that I'm no longer dangerously overweight) that are keeping me going.
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    Agree
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Vanity :] I have never been over weight actually. Just wanna be the best I can be! :D

altho my health and fitness have greatly improved. Awesome :D
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Vanity, I have a healthy BMI but I'm at the higher end of normal and want to get to the lower end so I can look better in the higher fashion clothes I love.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    For my health, however, vanity has become a bonus.