November 10 pd weight loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• samantha_runs
    Options
    I am still in the october one, but am also joining this one (: thanks so much for doing this !
  • minerva23
    Options
    Would like to join also :) Thanks a lot!
  • drehud
    drehud Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'd like to participate for this as well :)
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    Pattehcake thank you for your suggestions. I think I will use some of your ideas during this up coming month. Please keep the suggestions coming.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Be thinking of what I can do to help you all in this journey. This is just my second month of running this group. But I love this group and that is why I took it over from the great guy who passed it off to me. Any suggestion to make it better would help me out for the future and for now. My feelings will not get hurt I promise.
    Maybe you could set daily or weekly goals? Just to add something extra to the group, and to help us all not only lose weight, but get healthier.
    So maybe set a number of glasses of water to drink per a day, or number of calories to burn a week, or set a "no bad snacking/treats" week?
    So there are other competing factors, other than just losing weight. So if someone doesn't lose the whole 10lbs, they can still feel proud that they met the other goals?

I don't know if it's a good idea. Just a suggestion, as I'm knew to all this myself. :)

I think one of the things about this group thats been great was we didnt have all the weekly or daily things to worry about no getting ready for bed and remember OH SHIZZY i didnt do my 10 pushups or drink my 20 glasses of water for the group today ....... I've passed it to Jackie and she can change it if she see's fit but i really dont have time but to post my weight I have my own routines.
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    I'm in.

Having said that...hoping this thread stays current on the recent post list because I have the attention span of a barn yard hen...

I MIGHT FORGET!

LOL
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in. I will be travelling during part of this and am not sure I'll have access to a scale, but I'll let you know in advance so you don't delete me :smile: It will be good accountability to know that I have to share my scale number when I get back.

SW - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 8 )
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (Thursday Dec 1)
  • Pattehcake
    Options
    Be thinking of what I can do to help you all in this journey. This is just my second month of running this group. But I love this group and that is why I took it over from the great guy who passed it off to me. Any suggestion to make it better would help me out for the future and for now. My feelings will not get hurt I promise.
    Maybe you could set daily or weekly goals? Just to add something extra to the group, and to help us all not only lose weight, but get healthier.
    So maybe set a number of glasses of water to drink per a day, or number of calories to burn a week, or set a "no bad snacking/treats" week?
    So there are other competing factors, other than just losing weight. So if someone doesn't lose the whole 10lbs, they can still feel proud that they met the other goals?

I don't know if it's a good idea. Just a suggestion, as I'm knew to all this myself. :)

I think one of the things about this group thats been great was we didnt have all the weekly or daily things to worry about no getting ready for bed and remember OH SHIZZY i didnt do my 10 pushups or drink my 20 glasses of water for the group today ....... I've passed it to Jackie and she can change it if she see's fit but i really dont have time but to post my weight I have my own routines.

Ah I see, that's a very valid point.
    Well, like I said, it was just a suggestion to see what everyone else thought. But if simplicity is what makes this group great, then we might as well keep it like that then.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I want to join...is it still open??
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    You are right simple is nice with busy schedules. If we did anything I would not want it mandatory or to make any one feel pressured to feel like they had to do it or they feel like a failure. I am glad to have our fearless leader back for at least a month.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i am so excited about this starting it is a great way to get motivated. we can all do this. Encourage one another and get this weight off for good
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I need this!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Getting closer:) very excited to say goodbye to 10:)!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in for November ! :flowerforyou: Thanks Jackie, for continuing the Challenges .
  • jbeans67
    Options
    Sounds great, count me in!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm in, need some motivation to get back on track after vacation.
  • Cgsmith49
    Options
    I've never done a challenge, but would like to try. Losing any would be great, 10 would be awesome.
  • jfrank6931
    Options
    I wanna join in the challenge. I need some motivation lately!