T
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone <3
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    couple of pairs of dumbbells. you can do so much w/ them and they are cheap. otherwise i hit the gym (LA Fitness). :flowerforyou:
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I love my "gym in a bag" kit.

Kettlebell, £20 + depends on weight.
    Ab wheel, £4.99
    Skipping rope £1.50 (tescos are great)
    Resistance band. £5.99

On top of that I have a Tesco HRM watch/chest strap (does what I need it to do) £20 and a pair of decent nike's.

Leaves you a few quid for some other bits n bobs.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Resistance band! Both my boyfriend and i use one, i got it in tk maxx for about £12.00 and you cand o lots of different things! I also have some ankle weights which i hold to do arm stuff. Also, exercise dvds maybe??
    Anyway, good luck! working out at home doesnt need to be boring :) hope you find what you're looking for!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    kettle bells, jump rope, resistance bands
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi hun! I was thinking on a weight hip band, as seen on the 10 minutes solution dance your body thin solution, that way it won't take too much space, I also have tiny dumbbells of 1lbs each, that way I make sure my arms won't grow too bulky.

Regarding workouts mine are:

Hannah Waterman Body Blitz... that one REALLY works, it's got three workouts: cardio, toning and boxing, and a cool down session of 10 mins of abs and stretching.

10 minutes solution Blast off your belly fat with Suzanne, that one also does wonders with my hanging post-pregnancy tummy. It has 5 workouts of 10 mins each, great as I never know when will the baby wake up, so I start with the intense ones, and if I have more time I do the whole lot.

10 minutes solution Dance your body thin with Andrea Leigh, it has 5 workouts as all 10 mins solution, so I do the same, also this one is more entertaining and you learn to control your hips, dance them a little bit, and it has cardio workouts. And also uses the dumbbells for more definition.

And lately I bought the Tracy Anderson Method Cardio dance, It's a pain to have to learn the choreography first, so I haven't started using it as such, but I've been researching on youtube, and I've been doing her mat workout online, and it's great... you really feel like you're working. Also found two cardio workouts online of this same woman which are easier to follow than her dvd. But all reviews say the same.. tough to learn the moves and dances but it has great results, and you can tell that she doesn't look bulky or masculine at all, so her method of getting you slim and lean really works, otherwise she wouldn't look as slim and slender as she does.

For this christmas I'm asking for a speedometer, to calculate my speed when I walk, I may ask as well for a HRM, I believe that's how they're called, the ones that count the heart rate monitor and calculates your calories. And might be for that hip weight so when I do dance I burn more calories with resistance :D