Looking for "Skinny-Fat" Friends

Options
You are all wonderful, however I am looking for people that need to tone or just lose a little. I am 5'6 and 145, but soft... Best of luck to you all!

Replies

• JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Im looking to do the same, just want to find my abs lol... 6'2 and 181
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am definitely soft. I want to lose about 10 pounds, give or take 5 pounds, but I really need to tone and lose some inches. Feel free to add me.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was skinny fat.. now I'm a bit too buff for my liking (And I like to be buff, but not when I have bigger biceps than 30% of the guys at my college)... but I understand your motivation (check out my profile, I believe my quote at the top is something about losing the skinny fat, haha).
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Hi!

I've been trying to lose the same 7 pounds for a while now! lol ... I am getting more tone and tight tho' and want to keep going on this path! Feel free to add me .... but I only keep friends who are active and communicate, that's why my friends list is so small. I would rather get to know less people well and cheer each other on, than have a big list that I don't have time for!

Lucy :)
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm done losing weight but I'm definitely in need of toning. So...what are you doing so far? I'm cycling and running and will start swimming and doing some weight lifting in the next couple of weeks. I'm rotating so I can hit a personal goal of toning and doing a Triathalon in April.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I think this may be me, 5ft 5" 137lb, but still waaaay to squishy
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would probably fit into that. :p

I'm at 135 now, down from 220, and I lost most of the weight through diet and walking so I'm still pretty squishy. I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs or so, but mainly want to fit back into my size 4 jeans, so I'm fine with slimming and gaining some muscle instead.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    After a year and a half I'm proud to say I've arrived at the "toning" stage. I'm no longer actively chasing a weight. I'm pursuing a goal of 12% body fat. That's the bottom end of the very athletic scale. Currently at 20.something.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Skinny Fat here. 5"4'ish and float between 125 and 130. battling the same 10lbs for 7 months. but hey, i can actually do a pull up and bust out some non girly push ups.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 157 lbs here! i'm tryin to reach 150 (almost there!) and i've always wanted a girlie four pack (you know, visible but not bulky). my bmi is 23.2......sooo does that count as skinny-fat? lol
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    That's me too I guess. I'm short, 4'10" and weigh 93(which is actually 2 lbs lighter than when I started on here). I am not fat but I am very jiggly. I have been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and I think I'm seeing results. My legs are getting stronger. My goal is to flatten my stomach and hips. I have been eating lower carb and limiting sugar/wheat. I believe I can contribute the weight loss to that.
  • happymommy40
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 142. I am small framed and looking to lose 10lbs, but am more interested in firming up the soft spots (thank you babies!) Feel free to add me!
  • Tahoe77Chelle
    Tahoe77Chelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 155 at 5'10 looking to be under 150. I recently upped my caloric intake and am finding consistent loss. Also incorporating more weights into my workout. :)
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Im done losing weight. I wanted to lose about 15 or so. Which i did. Now i just work on keeping it off. You can add me if you like!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose, I'm trying to maintain or gain a few pounds (healthily, in order to become more toned). I'm very interested in getting in the best shape of my life and could use all of the motivation and support I can get. Feel free to add me! :D
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm skinny-fat!

I'm 5' 4" and 115 pounds (I have a small frame). If it were just about weight I would be happy, but there are definite flabby bits. I do loads of exercise, but I think it will take a long time to be how I want to be. Maybe never - I'm 53, and I'm not sure it will be possible now.

Anyone feel free to add me. :smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    That's me too I guess. I'm short, 4'10" and weigh 93(which is actually 2 lbs lighter than when I started on here). I am not fat but I am very jiggly. I have been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and I think I'm seeing results. My legs are getting stronger. My goal is to flatten my stomach and hips. I have been eating lower carb and limiting sugar/wheat. I believe I can contribute the weight loss to that.

It's great that you are seeing progress. I've just bought NROLFW, but haven't started yet. I'm curious to know whether you have been eating a surplus of calories - the thing about needing a surplus to build muscle? I'm scared of doing that but would like more muscle, so not sure what to do.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

It's great that you are seeing progress. I've just bought NROLFW, but haven't started yet. I'm curious to know whether you have been eating a surplus of calories - the thing about needing a surplus to build muscle? I'm scared of doing that but would like more muscle, so not sure what to do.

I haven't really been eating at a surplus. I guess I am afraid to increase to the limit where the book says I should be. Actually I think I'd find it hard to eat 1800 calories on workout days because I just don't have a big appetite and I am carb cutting. I did increase to around maintenance level though instead of the 1200 mfp put me at.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm getting to that point too! Lost over 20 lbs.over the past year, 12 within the past month and a half. I'm 5'5", 138 and flabby! Want to get rid of a bit more on the hips, but really want tone, tone, tone! Currently in middle of Insanity and then will prolly move on to P90x hybrid, so I can get my weight work in. After that...thinking about C25K next year. Feel free to add me!
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am looking for skinny-fat friends too!
    I am short (5'4) and 111. I am hoping to reach 105 (When I lost 40lbs back in 2006 that was a healthy weight for me until I got pregnant, lazy, and married. Haha) These last few pounds are so hard to lose, but they are def unhealthy fat, so I need to get toned and get rid of it! So sick of the jiggle.
    I would love to be friends with anyone who responds on here! Add me! :)