weight loss challenge group

Options
2»

Replies

• ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I'd be interested, can you message me with more information, please :)
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not long now!
    Keep checking in each day this week as hopefully before friday we will find out what foods to get so we are well prepared for the start.
    I'll put the shopping list up on here :)
  • Squible
    Options
    Alright guys shopping list will be up tomorrow so we are all ready for Friday I'll paste it into here as well ASAP

WooHoo excited! How's everyone else doing?
  • Squible
    Options
    GROCERY LIST!!! (Finally)
    Posted on November 2, 2011

Ok, here’s the grocery list that we’ve all been waiting for. Notice that there are substitutes and guidelines about certain foods. I’m not saying you need to buy everything I buy, but this is what I buy. Remember this is customized to me and my lifestyle. I’ll probably have more options of certain brands I use in the near future, but I’m seeking their permission first. I’ll have something up soon with many more alternatives, recipes, etc. , but for now I can’t answer everyone’s specific questions. Also, no, you don’t have to go to a whole foods type store to buy these things. I don’t. I buy these from a normal local grocery store. But that’s totally up to you where you decide to buy these things.

Week 1 Grocery List (For Substitutions See bottom of Post)

Fruits:

10 bananas
    8 apples
    1 container blueberries

Vegetables:

5 zucchini
    5 squash
    Handful of fresh green beans
    1 head of broccoli
    1 head of cauliflower
    Bell peppers and/or Onions
    1 large container of spinach

Meats:

Frozen or Fresh Chicken Breasts (depending on family size the amount will differ, but I purchase enough for the whole week)
    Ground Lean Turkey Meat (Packages of meat generally have a percentage showing the fat content. Example: 97/3 , 80/20 etc. Try and get the MOST lean possible. I buy 97/3 whenever possible)
    Frozen Lean Fajita Meat- Pre-seasoned in bag (Frozen Meat Section is where I find this)
    Salmon (Fresh or Frozen or ANY kind of fish)
    Turkey Lunch Meat

Seasoning:

Mayo (w/ Olive Oil in it)
    Sun Dried Tomato Seasoning Marinade for Meat (You can purchase whatever marinade you think you’ll like on your meats just look at the back to make sure the sugar is LOW)
    Small Container of Sea Salt
    No or Low Sodium Seasonings of any kind

Snacks:

Almonds (Many brands make different flavored almonds like sea salt, chile lime, etc. Any flavors are fine)
    Protein Bars (LOW CARB/SUGAR, HIGH FIBER BARS. Be careful on this one to review the nutritional facts on the back of the box. Many protein bars have high sugar content. Try to find a bar that has 4 grams of sugar or less)
    Beef Jerky

Dairy:

Eggs (or Egg White Substitute or both)
    Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Zero Calorie Butter Spray

Misc:

Peanut Butter (be careful on this one too. You’ll want to find a quality “natural” peanut butter brand. These will have better oils for your body then normal peanut butter brands)

Substitutes and/or Further Recommendations

Feel free to substitute the fruits for other fruits you enjoy more: ie. Peaches, pears, etc. However, you will need the bananas for the spinach shake I will show you how to make week 1.
    Feel free to substitute the vegetables for different vegetables you (or your family) prefer. Also, if cost is a huge issue and you don’t feel like you can afford fresh vegetables then buy frozen. It’s better to have frozen vegetables then none at all, though it’s always preferred to steam vegetables when possible.
    If it’s necessary for you to eat processed carbs stay away from ones with: High Sugar, Sodium, and saturated fats. SO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE THREE S’s!!!
    Try to drink enough WATER so that you have at least one clear urination a day
    Prepare your meals in ADVANCE! I cannot stress this enough. I will discuss this is greater detail starting day one on my journey back to Fit. This will help you save TIME and better prepare you to avoid bad eating habits
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Squible
    Options
    Hey

Hows everyone feeling for tomorrow then eh? excited nervous thrilled?
    got all the goodies and food reaedy for saturday meals? Anyone found any problems with getting any of the food?

hope everyone out there is doing well :)
  • itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I want to do this!
  • Squible
    Options
    You still can!
    all you need to do is weigh in tomorrow and post your number and ill add you on the excel sheet.
    also look through the previous posts and you can find the shopping list of the stuff you need to get by saturday if you wanna start with everyone else :)