November Zombie Apocalypse Challange

Options

Replies

• miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten into The Walking Dead, so I'm definitely down for this! I'm in the middle of the 30DS, but after that I plan to do ripped in 30. I'm also doing interval training on the treadmill, so this is a great and fun way to keep me motivated.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    BUUUUUMP!!!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Really excited to start this. I'll take pics and weigh in soon. One question: I can't run, so . . . .Could I jog in place for 4 minutes then, faster/higher knees for one minute instead of the jog for 4/sprint for 1?

Thanks!
    <3 TheGlitterMouse
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    High knees are great vs legless or low-to-the-ground zombies!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    High knees are great vs legless or low-to-the-ground zombies!

:drinker: AWESOME. Then I'm in, 100%

Hey, engineman312:
    Is Nov 1st going to be a strength day or cardio day? (I'm printing out a calendar so I can plan workouts around my work and class schedules.) Thanks!
    ~G.Mouse
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I can't run and I haven't really done much for strength, but it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy. :)
  • engineman312
    Options
    tomorrow is supposed to be a run day for me. there is no set schedule because this is supposed to be flexible. just do your best to alternate between run and strength day, and do 1-2 rest days a week.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    My current schedule has me walking 5 - 10k a day and doing 3 rounds of tabata style calisthenics 6 days a week (Day 1 is chest and shoulder exercises, Day 2 is legs and back exercises, Day 3 is core exercises. All are bodyweight, and I do the series in order twice a week).

I'm unwilling to give up my cardio and calisthenics due to my personal weight loss and fitness goals, but what I will do is add additional workouts to my schedule starting tomorrow. I'll alternate intervals with P90X after my normal workout (It's never the zombies you see coming that get you, it's the ones that surprise you when you're exhausted from going hulk on a metric ****-ton of zombies beforehand and think you're in the clear). Just need to find the videos that best match the calisthenics I'll be doing, and then I'll swim on Sundays (rest day).

Is anyone going to be doing anything similar to this routine? I'm very competitive, and being able to look back from week to week to determine whose grey-matter was and wasn't masticated is always a good time.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Im so into this!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    tomorrow is supposed to be a run day for me. there is no set schedule because this is supposed to be flexible. just do your best to alternate between run and strength day, and do 1-2 rest days a week.

got it. thanks!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    My current schedule has me walking 5 - 10k a day and doing 3 rounds of tabata style calisthenics 6 days a week (Day 1 is chest and shoulder exercises, Day 2 is legs and back exercises, Day 3 is core exercises. All are bodyweight, and I do the series in order twice a week).

I'm unwilling to give up my cardio and calisthenics due to my personal weight loss and fitness goals, but what I will do is add additional workouts to my schedule starting tomorrow. I'll alternate intervals with P90X after my normal workout (It's never the zombies you see coming that get you, it's the ones that surprise you when you're exhausted from going hulk on a metric ****-ton of zombies beforehand and think you're in the clear). Just need to find the videos that best match the calisthenics I'll be doing, and then I'll swim on Sundays (rest day).

Is anyone going to be doing anything similar to this routine? I'm very competitive, and being able to look back from week to week to determine whose grey-matter was and wasn't masticated is always a good time.

Whoa. You're a beast! I'm glad we're on the same side. These zombies don't stand a chance.
  • TheyAre3Together
    Options
    Could I join if I'm just going to be doing the 4 minute strength and 30 day shred? The whole running/sprint thing isn't going to work for me at the moment.
  • engineman312
    Options
    Could I join if I'm just going to be doing the 4 minute strength and 30 day shred? The whole running/sprint thing isn't going to work for me at the moment.

why is the running going to work?? if its an injury, thats one thing. but if you are telling yourself that you can't run, well, this is why it's a challenge. got to run baby!
  • TheyAre3Together
    Options
    I have a herniated disc and I'm kind of limited on what I can do, I don't want to fall back into doing nothing while I'm injured so I've been modifying my cardio and strength workouts to work for me. I understand if you're recruiting people who will do the sprinting, though it's all good ;)
  • glittermouse
    Options
    bump
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    Whoa. You're a beast! I'm glad we're on the same side. These zombies don't stand a chance.

Former beast, I was pretty good in high school/college. Right now I'm just a guy who wants to get in shape before his wedding and has a long way to go. Thanks though =)
  • engineman312
    Options
    I have a herniated disc and I'm kind of limited on what I can do, I don't want to fall back into doing nothing while I'm injured so I've been modifying my cardio and strength workouts to work for me. I understand if you're recruiting people who will do the sprinting, though it's all good ;)

i don't discriminante. you can participate in strength only. and when the zombie war comes, we'll load you up with a couple of crowbars and baseball bats, and you can cover our back.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    i don't discriminante. you can participate in strength only. and when the zombie war comes, we'll load you up with a couple of crowbars and baseball bats, and you can cover our back.

Did you see Dawn of the Dead (2004)? A guy falls down a sewer manhole, breaks both his legs...someone's dragging him through sewage, and gives him two pistols making it more than a little hard to aim. Suddenly he's Billy the Kid getting headshots like crazy. If the apocalypse comes, I want you on my team!!!
  • engineman312
    Options
    ppl keep asking me, "what is today? do we start with cardio or weights?" well, its up to you. this is my work out schedule for the next month.

2011-11-01_09-13-09_333.jpg
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My 4 minutes=

12 pushups
    24 squats
    12 rows (15 lb dumbbells)
    6 pushups
    12 squats
    6 rows
    3pushups
    6 squats
    12 rows

the 100 jumping jacks made my bad knee feel funny though....

after that 4 minutes my heart was pounding like it would jump out of my chest. I guess I'm pretty out of shape...