MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/23-10/29

Options

Replies

• Pattehcake
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow (24th October) and end on Sunday.

Goal 1: Go to the gym, or at least do a work out, every day (24th-30th).
    Goal 2: Keep control of my eating habits/ Watch what I eat/ No naughty snacking.
    Goal 3: lose 1kg/ 2lbs.

Today I ate super duper healthily, no naughty snacks, woo!

And I went to 2 gym classes: circuit training (40mins) and Body conditioning/high impact aerobics with weights (60mins)

1 day down, 6 more days to go!
    So today, the 25th:
    I didn't have access to the gym today, so I did 35mins on the home elliptical trainer. Was SO hard, but I did it! So I'm proud of myself and it means so far I'm keeping to my goal of working out every day.

So far I have healthily eaten and not had any "bad" snacks.

So I'm on track!

5 days to go!
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My mini goals for th is week are:
    to workout 5 times this week
    to increase my water intake
    to say no to my late evening snack cravings
    To make good choices when I go out to eat with my mom on Friday (going to be super tough!)
    to go to Zumba class tonight (my first time so really nervous)
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday today so I'm not counting any more calories after right now (4 pm). I know my birthday dinner will most likely put me over, but it's once a year, right??? I did get my walks in though :drinker:

Have a great day everyone!!!:heart:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    HeartsDesire: glad you're getting back to your regular am workout, your bday ticker I'm assuming is for your birthday? Do you have weight goal by then? Or just celebrating your bday with happiness ticker? Hoping to check out your link tomorrow as tonight proves to be busy. Thanks for sharing info. Your icons crack me up.

MAK: kisses with working out sounds unhelpful but super sweet. Phenomenal job on getting into a different category, as you'll definitely hit your mini goal on this! Thank you for all your well wishes towards me recently. I'm sure the beagle appreciated the walk, and grats on stopping mid-eating. That shows so much willpower!

littlemount: social eating is a big downfall for me as well, and my husband right now is my biggest culprit outside of myself. Hope your brisk walk was with beautiful weather (it's gorgeous here right now).

arwaleenah: I love chai tea, my condolences on trying to cut this down. I feel your pain, I've had to cut it down too :( Glad you accomplished what you wanted to do as well.

la_nanita: have fun traveling, and finding down time. Saw you got slightly plastered (is that what the no good the next day meant?) and hope that if you don't want to, you don't. Personally, some adult time sounds glorious to me (maybe that's my recent traveling with kids going all the way across country where I was the only adult).

34again: Oops I typed 24 at first, might be my own subconscious thinking of where I want to be again. Fantastic on hitting all your goals so far, keep it up!

6555tess: I love Zumba, hope you enjoy it too. Great goals and welcome!!

Jennyph: Good luck finishing it, you got this! Love your profile collection pics. How did you do that? Grats on so much water, did you drink early so you weren't up all night peeing? I want to accomplish that without waking every two hours.

Pattehcake: oh my goodness that's amazing how long you went at the gym! And then you found ways around not going the next day, great! And grats on no naughty snacks.

Papillon: how are you doing sticking to chalean schedule? I've only done it one brief week. Do you notice a difference? If so, what? I'm looking for motivation. Great job, as always envious of your veggie/fruit goal.

projectkristy: sorry about your headache, well done on your goals though.

Philosohoe: as ever your wit is awesome, love the one nighter with an ex analogy. Sometimes it's not unsatisfying for me, does that make me a bad person? Anyhow, how fun with Zumba, and just take charge and jump in. It's what I would do if I were there, pushing my lil self around the way I do. They cave to us, ya' know. Sorry your bf got you sick, I'd kick him (j/k tell him I love him) if I were there. When I saw your weight loss, I was so excited for you! I know you were stressed about that mini goal. And you're already eating like little people, don't worry about that.

danlyn: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm with MAK on this, totally see why you ate the dinner from your niece. And way to jump right back on it and keep going with goals right up until 4 (love that btw, going to have to remember that so I don't go overboard an entire day). Enjoy!!

bhurley: so great at your goals, except the sloshing around with water. But you come so close! Great job.

KrisPage: I suck at pushups too. At first I couldn't even do one without knees when I first started Chalean, now I'm 7 (so they might be pathetic after 4). I know you'll get strong at this! I hope you are as successful as MAK, and I believe you can be with your dedication. Gosh I hate feeling that sore, felt your pain as you described the after effects.

katiemarie: welcome! Like how you reiterated your first two goals, they're important! Good luck.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in
    1. 30 DS - level 1 and start level 2. day 7 done
    2. Do 2 Billy Blancks workouts. 1 done
    3. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water: 11 glases today
    4. Do 10 Walk at home miles. 1 mile done today
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    sorry i dont know how to quote. it never works for me :(

Jennyph: Good luck finishing it, you got this! Love your profile collection pics. How did you do that? Grats on so much water, did you drink early so you weren't up all night peeing? I want to accomplish that without waking every two hours.
    ] Hi i did the pic in www.picnic.com. i try to dring my water before 7pm . i have to use the toilet maybe once or twice. some times i dont have to go at all.
  • Pattehcake
    Options

Pattehcake: oh my goodness that's amazing how long you went at the gym! And then you found ways around not going the next day, great! And grats on no naughty snacks.

Aww thank you! That made me smile! It's lovely how friendly everyone is on this forum :D

I had a late night (I got in from a midwifery workshop at 11:30pm). And everyone were having tea and biscuits, and I ended up having two biscuits :( But I was under my calorie limit for today anyways, so I guess that isn't too bad.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My check in:
    Chalean, five times this week: 1.5, today was a day of rest, so I went to the gym and did the elliptical for an hour with a friend instead. Still, hoping to make .5 tonight if my hubby wants to try the ab burner again.
    3 fruits/veggies: yep, so awesome :)
    Within calories with protein being higher than fat: yep, been staying on the higher side of calories for me, and sodium has been high past two days, but meeting this particular goal. And thank goodness I've now consumed all the brownies so they won't tempt me.
    Don't let my family drag down my eating habits: today was a success :drinker:

jenny: thanks for answering my questions.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Tuesday 10/25 check in-
    Danlyn happy birthday enjoy the rest of the day.
    Philosohea again congrats on the 20 lb weightloss.
    lttee- I actually walk in an indoor track in the gym the weather is getting cold maybe I will attempt some evening walks outdoor with my friend.
    Goal 1- Food choices were not bad sugar content was low for me today, , from yesterday I started eating exercise calories and I seem to be less stressed esp when I look at the calories left for dinner.
    Goal 2- walked 60 minutes but very surprised that my pedometer said 2.63 miles I need to walk faster.
    Goal 3- Checking in today,have a nice Wednesday.
  • CynMM29
    CynMM29 Posts: 20
    Options
    My mini goal: exercise 5 days this week, walk at least 3 of them.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday today so I'm not counting any more calories after right now (4 pm). I know my birthday dinner will most likely put me over, but it's once a year, right??? I did get my walks in though :drinker:

Have a great day everyone!!!:heart:
    have_a_happy_birthday_1.gif
    Verjaardag17.gif:drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Tues Check-in

1. awesome day
    2. good Pilates workout... sore and exhausted :yawn:
    3. Keeping focus on my mini-goal for Dec. :flowerforyou:
    4. Sending warm hugs as I check in and get ready to head for bed at a decent time, tonight. ....deep sigh... each night the best intentions turn into a much later bedtime than I ever mean it to be.:blushing: :yawn:

Looking forward to Wonderful Wacky Wednesday with all my Marvelous Mini-Goal Friends :smooched: :flowerforyou: 1/2 way through the week.. hope everyone is doing well or at least not beating yourselves up when the days of struggle pop up.:wink:

:heart:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    in car wreck this morning no injuries moderate damage to mini van, but absolutely no exercise today :cry:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    in car wreck this morning no injuries moderate damage to mini van, but absolutely no exercise today :cry:

I'm sorry Sweetie.. but I'm so glad you're OK! consoling2.gif Don't worry about the workout today.. accidents are scary I can understand not being able to fit it in.

ETA:
    HeartsDesire: glad you're getting back to your regular am workout, your bday ticker I'm assuming is for your birthday? Do you have weight goal by then? Or just celebrating your bday with happiness ticker? Hoping to check out your link tomorrow as tonight proves to be busy. Thanks for sharing info. Your icons crack me up.

lttee.. My ticker is the lbs. remaining to make my 100 lb. goal this year by my Bday/MFP join date 2010 when I turned 50. I have more to drop after that goal but wanted to end the year with a bang :wink: :happy: I think I have 28 lbs. to go.. haven't glanced at the ticker today.. I think that's right though.

Article I shared: So glad some of you are finding it so interesting, I did as well. MAK ... yea bleh on the Liver, I hear ya!! :sick: :tongue: I think we hear about it because it's supposed to be so good for us, I think it's all the iron it contains but I don't like the look of it raw or the smell of it cooked so ..that's my thoughts on liver.:sick: :laugh:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Well, I've been in a little bit of a rut since last week; just super tired and not wanting to do anything. I think my trainer kicked my *kitten* in gear tonight though!!! At least I hope so. My check - in for Monday and Tuesday:

1) 3 serving fruit/veg - only met on Monday, had 2 today
    2) under sodium - well, I honestly haven't logged anything but I don't believe I'm over.
    3) water - I managed 72oz yesterday and 64oz today

So not great but not a complete failure I guess.:blushing: On a positive note - I am now only 10.5 pounds away from my goal weight!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am soo happy about this; not to mention still in a little bit of shock that I'm almost there. :noway:

Danlyn - Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Krispage - Hope you're ok! Take care of yourself!

heartsdesire - great job!!!
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday danlyn!!

Kris - so scary!! Glad you are okay!!

Wednesday check in

1. 50 crunches - done - 4/7
    2. Charger400's challenge - did 25/250. - 3/7
    3. No snacking after 7pm - had one spoonful of sherbet - BAD ME!! - 3/7

Have a great night everyone!! Off to hit the hay!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Deleting duplicate post :blushing: ... See real post below.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! So much going on! Welcome new mini goalers glad you have joined us. Danlyn happy birthday!!! Kris sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear no injuries though. Hope the mini van gets fixed quick!

Wish I could comment on everyone but checking in on my phone and it's rather difficult. But I will stop by in the morning an check in with everyone.

Tuesday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Rest day!
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in -2/4. Bowling night. Got a 614 for my 3 game series. Woo hoo!!!
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) - made chili for a work party tomorrow and an apple pie for a bowling party so did some taste tasting which is kind of hard to log ... But at the bowling party I grazed a little more then I wanted to. But I did log all the extra grazing.
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages - even drank water at the bowling alley (usually get a diet soda)

Have a great rest of your evening. Let's have a great Wednesday!!!
    Let's have a great week everyone!
    [/quote]
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday danlyn!!

Kris - so scary!! Glad you are okay!!

Wednesday check in

1. 50 crunches - done - 3/7
    2. Charger400's challenge - did 25/250. - 2/7
    3. No snacking after 7pm - had one spoonful of sherbet - BAD ME!! - 2/7

Have a great night everyone!! Off to hit the hay!

Boy I must be tired!! I was thinking it was Wednesday! LOL
    Fixed my numbers!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    KrisPage--so glad to hear that you are okay. I hope no residual issues pop up overnight. Rest well tomorrow too.

danlyn--HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I 100% support your logging free bd dinner. I hope it was wonderful!

pattehcake--good job keeping a handle on your snacks and great workouts! I love how friendly everyone on here is too. I was so lucky to find this group my first week on mfp. Haven't looked back since. BEST GROUP EVER!

bhurly--CONGRATULATIONS on your 30lbs & so close to goal! That is so fantastic! Keep up the great work, and I know you'll pull through your slump soon. You are doing an awesome job.

littlemount--WTG you for getting back on your with your healthier food choices and walking!

HeartsDesire--Can I just add, I LOVE YOUR SMILEYS TOO! They are the cutest freakin things. I'm always excited to see what new cartoon delight awaits us when you check in. Thanks for adding such infectious smiles to the group.

Ittee!!!--I knew you would like my fast food/ex-sex analogy. As for your "sometimes it IS satisfying," I admit that sometimes it is for me too. The FAST FOOD! We're not going to discuss the other... :P I'm so proud of you for getting back on the Chalean schedule and encouraging hubby to ab burn with you. Just like you said to me, don't let him/them (children) determine the course of YOUR eating/exercise patterns (within reason of course). Remember your old goal that you loved to hate? You know, do something that only benefits YOU? Yeah, don't forget that. ***You deserve to take care of you too, and sometimes, FIRST.***

***That little Ittee message goes out to all of you nurturing mini-goalers out there who have children, spouses, partners, jobs, parents, or pets that always seem to get the best of your energies, and you only take the leftovers for yourselves.*** Thus ends the Philosohoe rant for the evening.

And finally the Tuesday Check In:
    1) Monitor macronutrient ratios with goal of Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%: 47.2/23.3/29.6
    2) Sodium under 2000mg: Awesome 1616
    3) Culrpit item of the day: My numbers were pretty flippin good today. My fat % was a tiny bit high, but I had pecans today, so that always pushes it up a little. I claim no culprit item for the day.
    4) Reach a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories for the week: 871/today; 1347/week

Goodnight everyone! Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!