Any other LGBT peeps (or LBGT allies) around?

Options
I've only seen one other post but it was locked. There are threads for mommies, for men who want 6 packs, for university students, for people who watch the biggest loser, even Harry Potter Houses groups.

Could we make one for the LGBT people?

Replies

• arispawild
    Options
    I will join. Proud LGBT :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea, but I never liked the acronym LGBT. What about the others who don't fall under those categories, but are just as misunderstood?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I will join!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm an ally!

Sadly, I've seen other LGBT threads blow up and end up locked. Makes zero sense to me.

In any case, you can count me in!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm in! :D
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    this will get locked/deleted. they'll tell you the "groups" function is coming soon, where you'll be able to have your own group, but no one will say when. i think it should be allowed, and i'm sorry it's not. I hope you at least find a few friends before it gets the as though!

:smile:
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm an ally!

Sadly, I've seen other LGBT threads blow up and end up locked. Makes zero sense to me.

In any case, you can count me in!

Ditto!
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    I'm an ally too! I will join when those groups come around. =]
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    this will get locked/deleted. they'll tell you the "groups" function is coming soon, where you'll be able to have your own group, but no one will say when. i think it should be allowed, and i'm sorry it's not. I hope you at least find a few friends before it gets the as though!

Yup, they always do, unfortunately.
    But anyone looking for a fellow LGBT friend, feel free to add me.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well, consider me an ally. Best wishes.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This is something to look forward to sometime in the near future. MFP has been working on groups apparently since earlier this year, and I imagine that eventually they will become a reality. Until then the reality is that the LGBT+ crowd here on MFP will be ushered silently into the shadows so as not to offend those who find us offensive. However, to be fair, MFP also ushers silently into the shadows several other groups: atheists, pastafarians, rationalists, and even christians (though it seemingly takes much longer to usher the christians...not sure why).

So, this thread will end up locked and probably deleted. Groups cannot get here fast enough.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm an ally! I've participated in LGBT rights groups since high school :D
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Definitely an ally! Have friends and family....sadly this thread will most likely get deleted!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm an alli too! you can count me in!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am also an ally.
  • yeahthatpaula
    yeahthatpaula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You're still welcome. I'm a fan of the term "queer" but I think "LGBT" is a more common term.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm a supporter! But why on earth would this thread get locked/deleted? It's beyond rational thinking!!!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Supporter here, looking forward to this group.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm a supporter! But why on earth would this thread get locked/deleted? It's beyond rational thinking!!!

It's in the forum rules. Honestly, the rule is in place to protect the LGBT community on MFP, to prevent the homophobes from spewing hate and causing problems.

I should also chime in, Proud to be the B in LGBT!
This discussion has been closed.