Elliptical Training Buddies

Options
Hi Everyone !!

Lets help each other be accountable for exercise !
Let's plan to get on the Elliptical 3 or more times per week.

Leave note here with your amount of exercise and calories burned.
Good Luck to everyone and lets keep each other motivated!

Session 1 for me
Sunday - 39 minutes 503 calories ... a slow pace on level 6

Replies

• wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!

Session 1 for me
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    I do this machine from hell every other day for about 20 min. I'm working up to 30 min at a higher speed. This machine kicks my butt every time.:sad:

I do the rowing machine the other days. I work out every day except Sunday.
  • lauren85
    Options
    i love the elliptical i am on it daily for 60 mins... love love love it:heart::heart: :heart:
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    i did the elliptical thursday night for 50 minutes=710 calories
    friday night 50 minutes=645 calories
    tonight 50 minutes=...???...

i have a 12 song playlist on my ipod totaling 46 minutes and that is the only way I get through the workout!!
    Options
    I will be going Sunday morning and I usually do about 35 minutes and I will post what cals I burn when I get home. I also do the rowing.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!

Session 1 for me

I DO TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF ELLIPTICALS, ONE HAS THE BARS AND IS THE MACHINE FROM HELL AND THE OTHER ONE DOESNT. I ALWAYS GET HIGHER NUMBERS ON THE ONE WITHOUT THE BARS! FRIDAY-40MINS WITH BARS-506 AND ELLIPTICAL WITHOUT BARS-60MINS-795. I DO THEM BOTH EVERYDAY, WELL 6 DAYS AND THE TREADMILL. CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO....GOOD LUCK
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    How do you guys get such a higher number of calorie burn:noway: ? I do 60 minutes practically every day and can never get more than 500 cals. I have an ipod and I go with the rhythm of the song that is playing. If it's a fast song, I keep the resistence at 9 so I can keep up (I usually leave the incline at 1). But if it's a slow song, I increase the resistence so that I can go with the rhythm. I go forward for 5 minutes, then reverse for 5 minutes, back to forward for 5 etc. till I'm done. I'm usually covered in sweat and very tired by the time I'm done. I do have a HRM but it doesn't have a chest strap. It's a MIO Sport that I got at Walmart and it's supposed to be a pretty good one.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    I don't know how anyone can do this for over 30 minutes, I feel like I am about to die after only 20 mins and I just recently got to where I can do that. I am trying to work myself up to 30 minutes actually. My part that counts the calories burnt is broken because it was retrieved from my father-in-laws basement. MFP tells me that I am burning around 204 for 20 mins. I am sure that is just an average because other things factor in to this amount. Right now, I am doing this 4 days a week and I am not sure what I am going to start doing the other 3 days. I would like to do something with the abs though, any suggestions? Oh yeah, I am in on this!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    everyone burns waaaaaaaaay more then me!
    I do intervals of Level 4 and level 8 every 4 minutes for 33 minutes and it says I burn 270-330 cals (it varies on how slow I go)
  • hibbler22
    Options
    How do you guys get such a higher number of calorie burn:noway: ? I do 60 minutes practically every day and can never get more than 500 cals. I have an ipod and I go with the rhythm of the song that is playing. If it's a fast song, I keep the resistence at 9 so I can keep up (I usually leave the incline at 1). But if it's a slow song, I increase the resistence so that I can go with the rhythm. I go forward for 5 minutes, then reverse for 5 minutes, back to forward for 5 etc. till I'm done. I'm usually covered in sweat and very tired by the time I'm done. I do have a HRM but it doesn't have a chest strap. It's a MIO Sport that I got at Walmart and it's supposed to be a pretty good one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

WELL IT DEPENDS ON HOW FAST YOUR GOING AND WHAT PROGRAM. I DO LEVEL 7 ON FAT BURN LEVEL FOR 40 MINS. FORWARD AND I GET 506.
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Well, I guess next time I do the elliptical I'll have to do one of the pre-programmed workouts. I plan on going to the gyme 4 times this week and doing the elliptical for 60 minutes.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

I will like join you guys on this because I love the elliptical. :)

I do an incline of 20 (highest) with resistance of 7 sometimes 8, for 35 minutes. I usually burn 400 calories or a little over acccording to my heart rate monitor.

Before my HRM (polar F4) I did an incline of 12 with resistance of 6 or 7, for 40 minutes, as fast as I could. I would burn the same 400 calories. Now I can go longer, but i prefer to include weight training in my 60 minute workout.

Have a great day!
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!
    Awesome job that you are all doing !! Keep up the good work.

It's the start of a new week for me ...
    I weighed in this morning and showed a 2 pound gain .. damn it !! ... but I am not discouraged and don't plan to change anything about my routine. I will eat 1200 calories of healthy fresh foods per day, drink plenty of water, sleep and workout 5 days per week. Since Jan.1 I have lost 10 pounds.

Monday 60 minutes on the Elliptical .. level 5 ... I don't have an incline option .. burned 777
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I used it yesterday and am paying for it today, OUCH I'M SORE!
  • lauren85
    Options
    i burn about 640 calories (60 mins) on it. for some odd reason i can stay on this machine all night but if i try the stair climber or bike i could barely do 20 mins on those things
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    WHOA! my hrm say that I burn like 1024 for 60 min is that possible? I weigh 264
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    WHOA! my hrm say that I burn like 1024 for 60 min is that possible? I weigh 264

The more you weigh the more calories you burn.... in 60 minutes I can burn 800+ calories at a good clip. If I am lazy and go slow.... I still burn 650 or better. I weight 154 right now!!! Yeay me! I haven't been under 165-170 for years and years!!!!

By the way I am so in on this challenge..... I try to hit 60 minutes every time (Saturday I only fit in 45 minutes but I went dancing for 4 hours after that).
    I try to go 5-6 times a week... I have to start adding in the strength training again.... more muscle helps to burn fat!
    I have to lose 4 more pounds by my next weight in next week.
    Wanda
  • hibbler22
    Options
    Monday Jan.26 fat burn level 8--30 mins 401...bad day!
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, Saturday I did 35 minutes and burned 400 calories...I was beyond impressed with myself...but man,you guys KICK TAIL on that thing!!
    WOW!!! I guess I have a lot to live up for, now that I know it CAN be done!
    Although according to MFP, I burned like 600-something calories- for me that's WAY off!!
    Options
    Okay today I did a total of 1685 cals. burned for my total work out. I did 45 minutes with the cool down on the Elliptical so I am figuring I had burned about 950. I have found out that if I can keep my percentage up on my HRM around 82%-89% I will burn cals like you wouldn't believe :happy: