SPARTANS: No Excuses November! Sign Up Thread

Options
Hi everyone! I want to kick up a group of warriors of all ages, fitness types, goals and motivation for monthly challenges! We will have weekly focus points, like extra ab challenges, or push ups, or water consumption, or double downs (two a days), etc.

We have NO EXCUSES for 30 days. Whether you want to lose 5 lbs, or get to 1000 pull ups, or just want a place where people are engaged and interested in helping themselves and others, this is the challenge for YOU.

Ancient Sparta produced some of the hardest, toughest warriors in history - and it's not only men! If you've ever seen the movie "300" you know that only strong Spartan women could give birth to Spartan warriors. When the Spartans went to war, they relied on each other and were an impenetrable unit. At home, they helped each other train and succeed by working hard on their individual success.

I would like to propose that we create a similar society of 30 day challenges. Male, female, any shape, size, or goal are welcome here. All we ask is that for 30 days (or the calendar month ;) ) you give 100% of your energy and focus to the Spartans.

What does that mean? It means you set your own goal and you work it every day. You post your progress and encourage your fellow Spartans. You may fall, but you can get back up, and we will help you.

I'd like to set up a group for November 1. Will you join us?

Goal: 30 day (or monthly) "sprints"
Start Date: November 1
End Date: November 30
Weigh Ins: Whenever you want, but the results will be tallied weekly on the 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and end of month.
Check ins: Daily!!

Name:
Goal: (can be weight, exercise minutes, physical fitness challenge)
Start Weight:
Start Measurements (if you want):

Movitation:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MfEUzep_GRE/SZuIv-GvFdI/AAAAAAAAEPs/2vocQ5qsaVw/s400/300-movie-stills-44.jpg

Replies

• hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to be a SPARTAN!

GW - 130
    SW - 162

As for measurements i have to grab those tonight.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I need a kick in the butt lately, so I'm in. Will put some thought into my goals for the month and come back later to post that.

Name: Sarah
    Starting weight: 166.4
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Placeholder for me: :bigsmile:

Goal: Lose 10 lbs
    Start weight:
    Week 1:
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Challenge End:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I am in! I'll think about what I want my goal to be and enter it tonight.

I need this extra accountability!
  • kateland
    Options
    I'm ready to be a SPARTAN!

GW - 130
    SW - 162

As for measurements i have to grab those tonight.

Hey Hypergrl, are you saying you want to lose 32 lbs in one month? If so, I must have your secret! :)
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Can't wait for this challenge!

Name: Cara
    Goal: Lose 6lbs, don't give up!!
    Start Weight: Overall SW = 144lbs, CW = 134lbs
    Start Measurements (if you want): Unsure, but will edit later!

:flowerforyou:
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    This is calling to me because I am a Spartan (an Michigan State University Spartan, that is). Current weight 140, goal weight 135. Measurements, I have no idea. Will have to get those at home.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I need my butt kicked into gear again too...

name: Nichole
    SW:169
    CW: 157
    Ultimate GW: 125
    Nov31 GW: 152
  • fit4travels
    Options
    I'm in!! I really want to be able to run 30mins straight by the end of November!

Name: Mel
    Goal: To run 30 minutes straight
    Start weight: 151lbs
    Start measurements: Don't know yet but will measure tomorrow!
  • louise266
    Options
    Im in!

Name: Louise
    Goal: 130lbs
    Start Weight: 138lbs
    Start Measurements (if you want): I'll try and get some tonight!

Louise xx
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!

Name: Fatima
    SW : 157lbs
    Goal by Nov 31st : 150 lbs
    not sure about the measurements, will get these tonight!!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Count me in! Lost half my goal weight and am STUCK this month! Ready to step it up a notch!

Start weight: 165
    Current weight: 150
    Goal weight: 130
    think I will set my weight loss goal at 5 pounds for the 30 days. But I want to increase my running...I hate running but have come somewhat addicted to it! I want to increase the number of "on my toes" push-ups (currently 2 sets of 7 is it without falling on my face LOL). And any other challenge that comes up. I am ready for anything!
    Charity
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    i shall join the ranks of my fellow spartans and we will be the inpenitrable wall of pain and suffering for our enemys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Perez802
    Options
    I'm in!

Name: Norma
    CW: 142.5
    GW: 137.5

I want to RUN a mile, not half-run/half-walk!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    i shall join the ranks of my fellow spartans and we will be the inpenitrable wall of pain and suffering for our enemys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this! I am totally motivated for my afternoon workout now!!!! I think I just growled out loud! :laugh:
  • kateland
    Options
    You guys are great, what a response so far :biggrin:

I will be tracking everyone's primary goal progress, but probably not measurements (judging by how many people may end up joining by Nov 1).

If you have a non-weight related goal, make sure you're posting your weekly progress so I can capture it.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Kate
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am in also, need motivation:

Name: Lisa
    Goal: To lose 5 lbs
    SW: 177