Mile Challenge for 10/24-10/30, open group

Options
Hi everyone! It's time for a fresh start, and a mile challenge is the perfect way to get your butt in gear!

There are three mini-groups within this challenge. You can join up to complete either 15, 25, or 35 miles over the next seven days. For new and old members, here is a list of the basics for this challenge:

-This is a weekly challenge to chart miles on any exercise equipment or outside running, walking, ect. We welcome anyone who would like to join us, this has become a great motivation for me! I will update the miles daily so we know where we all are. The challenge will run from today until next Sunday, and I will post the completed miles a week from today.

-There are three separate mini-groups for this mile challenge. Group A will be aiming for 15 miles, group B will aim for 25 miles, and group C will aim for 35 miles.

-Post your completed miles each day to this thread. I will update with current totals over my lunch most day, but forgive me if I am super busy and don't get to it until that night. Please include which group you would like to join with when you reply to join so I can sort you correctly, and when you reply with your miles, please list your group. For example, "PlunderBunneh, group B, 3.8 miles"

-I will keep your name on the list if you miss a couple of days, but if I don't hear from you for three days I will assume you've lost interest and remove your name from the challenge. You will still be welcome to join next week's challenge.

-These miles can be completed in just about whatever manner you prefer, and however spread out over the week. However, please don't join the challenge for 15 miles and knock that out in a day, it isn't supportive or encouraging to those of us that have to work for our mile challenge goal.

-I am not beyond typos and other silly mistakes! If your miles aren't adding up like they should, send me a message and let me know, and I'll look over the spreadsheet and figure out what is going on. Typically, I just entered the wrong number into the wrong place by accident. Promise not to eat your soul if you point out my mistake ;)

-This is a friendly challenge! It's okay if something comes up and you can't reach goal. We are here to motivate each other, not judge.

To join the challenge, reply to this thread by Wednesday afternoon with your name and let me know which goal you are aiming for, A (15 miles), B (25 miles), or C (35 miles).

Happy miles to all!

A quick note to my peeps from the last few weeks: I noticed last week more and more people listing the entire week's miles in each reply. I understand that you are trying to be helpful, but that really muddles my head up. I use a spreadsheet and add on each reply since my last update, so when you list Tuesday's miles twice, I end up confused about whether I have already added that day onto your total miles. Feel free to keep a personal record, and even to add your total miles up and list that, but only reply with what miles you have completed since I last updated the list. Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• suenflet
    Options
    suenflet, group A, 3 miles
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm in. The low goal should be about what I hit with my running training. Since I run 3 days a week would I post for example Mon - 2 miles, Tuesday 0 miles, Wend. 3 miles.. etc.. ?

EricNCSU - Group A
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Melkadee, Group A :flowerforyou:
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is great! Just the kind of excitement I needed for the week! Thanks for posting. I'm in as well, I can do Group B. Group B 25 would be just a smidgen of a challenge so I'm gonna shoot for that!
  • cthmom
    cthmom Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in! I haven't been tallying my miles (only calories burned) so this is good. I think I will start with group A. Do we just post our updates here?
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm in - Group C again please :smile:
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im in! rjs3455 Group C. Thanks!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Mile updates gets posted as a reply to this thread. For example, if I weren't being a complete bum and did a couple miles, I would reply to this with something along the lines of
    "Hi! I'm in group B and I did 2 miles today! Yay me!"
    Hehe. Good luck! I will post with current members and miles tomorrow!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im in! Msbrwnsugga Group A
  • bethechangeuwant
    bethechangeuwant Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sign me up please! ;0) Group C-turning it up a notch this week! =)
    Thanks for doing this for us, PlunderBunneh! We appreciate it.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Group C
    Count me in-but don't judge if it seems like I am running away from home. (I come back now and then)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    group b again, 3 miles yesterday (sun)
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge...Group A please! :drinker:
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Group C - 5.7 miles for Monday

Good luck everyone!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So glad you're doing this again! I'm going to push myself this week and try for group C! (yikes)
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    I will take Group C this week since I have recovered from my 1/2 marathon.
    SO far today I got in 7.5 miles. But planning to get in a few more by the end of the day and will repost.
  • Frankeegee
    Options
    Yay, this is exactly what I was looking for. First time challenger here so FrankeeGee, Group A.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Im in again .. Failed miserably last week , bike chain broke !

Group B

3 miles for Monday .

Thank you !
  • danajotx
    Options
    Sign me up - Group A please!
  • rialems
    rialems Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi Team - Group C again - I cannot believe i was 1.2miles off!! AHHHHHHHHH
    This time I will get my 35!!! LOL

Can you believe its WEEK FOUR of this group challenge? Well done team!