WOW

Options
What the hell is going on? just got back here after what appears to have been a long and dramatic weekend of hot and heavy postings and let me just say wow.

We need to keep in mind that we are all here for support, one way or the other, and like icandoit and zenmama said, if you don't like it or whatever just leave it alone.

Internet sites like this rely a lot on the knowledge of the participants and when we ask for advice everyone has a right to post what they have learned and then it is up to the person in need to continue to seek out more reliable information, you know from books or doctors etc.

You are here for you and when the "community" no longer gives you the support you need it is time to move on to another "community" to provide what you are looking for but there is no need to get all butt hurt when you get a reply that you don't like. Some people are just passionate in their responses and that sometimes comes off as rude but I don't think there is a single person here that deliberately sets out to hurt feelings and be un-helpful!

Good luck to all... keep it simple!!!!!

:wink: :wink:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on? just got back here after what appears to have been a long and dramatic weekend of hot and heavy postings and let me just say wow.

We need to keep in mind that we are all here for support, one way or the other, and like icandoit and zenmama said, if you don't like it or whatever just leave it alone.

Internet sites like this rely a lot on the knowledge of the participants and when we ask for advice everyone has a right to post what they have learned and then it is up to the person in need to continue to seek out more reliable information, you know from books or doctors etc.

You are here for you and when the "community" no longer gives you the support you need it is time to move on to another "community" to provide what you are looking for but there is no need to get all butt hurt when you get a reply that you don't like. Some people are just passionate in their responses and that sometimes comes off as rude but I don't think there is a single person here that deliberately sets out to hurt feelings and be un-helpful!

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

hahahahaha 'butt hurt':laugh:

Great post, I very much agree :happy: I think we all do better when we stop taking things personally and start looking at them objectively.
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    What the heck went on over the weekend??? I was watching football and eating banana bread. What did I miss!!!?!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    What the heck went on over the weekend??? I was watching football and eating banana bread. What did I miss!!!?!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm banana bread. That's much better to talk about :bigsmile: I like mine without nuts, personally.

Hehe just some users' feelings were hurt, apologies were said, etc.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    So if someone is being a pain in the *kitten*, do they cause butt hurt?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Anybody in Social work? Group development.

Forming
    Storming
    Norming
    Performing

We are a group, with new members all of the time, we will always go back and forth during our growth and development through the stages due to our members always changing. Such is life. As long as we believe that people are being positive and not negative we should have pretty good success at interpreting each other in future correctly. Always give the benefit of the doubt when reading posts, do not assume it is negative, it is interesting how the mind sometimes automatically perceives negatively as opposed to positively. Human behaviour.....very interesting stuff, love to see it, love to learn more about it, makes us grow and understand others better and in the end makes us better.:drinker:

Anne
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Anybody in Social work? Group development.

Forming
    Storming
    Norming
    Performing

We are a group, with new members all of the time, we will always go back and forth during our growth and development through the stages due to our members always changing. Such is life. As long as we believe that people are being positive and not negative we should have pretty good success at interpreting each other in future correctly. Always give the benefit of the doubt when reading posts, do not assume it is negative, it is interesting how the mind sometimes automatically perceives negatively as opposed to positively. Human behaviour.....very interesting stuff, love to see it, love to learn more about it, makes us grow and understand others better and in the end makes us better.:drinker:

Anne

Weird, I learned that in Sport Psych :tongue: It does make sense though, we talked about it as pertaining to sports teams mostly. It is difficult for us to even reach the Norming phase since our group is always changing. Thanks for popping that back into my brain hehe last semester seems like so long ago:laugh:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was street shopping with My daughter in Lawrence Ks., what happened?
    Never mind, I do not need to know. :indifferent:
    Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs, Positive vibs,
    :bigsmile:
    --Diann...
    PS... Banana Bread????? I like banana bread......
  • filergirl
    Options
    Generally I have found everyone on here to be really positive and supportive. Everyone seems to know how to disagree in a civil manner (eg. stating you do not like someone's opinion and outlining why, rather than attacking that person). There is the occasional exception to the rule, but nobody's perfect.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Diann,

Do you live in Lawrence? I knew you lived in Kansas but i wasn't sure where.

I am from the UK but i lived in Lawrence for 6 months in 2001, i went to KU for a semester!!

Gosh, your post then just brought back floods of great memories!!

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    just saw some posts that people are being personally attacked in their mail box by "friends" and comments about breast implants and body stuff and just seems that it gets a bit out of control and we loose sight of what we are all here for....so it seems.

Just want everyone to remember why we are here and continue to work on changing for ourselves and not get too involved in the drama!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I SURE AM GLAD I MISSED ALL THAT!!!:heart:
    Are we all better now? good. lets move forward
  • filergirl
    Options
    just saw some posts that people are being personally attacked in their mail box by "friends" and comments about breast implants and body stuff and just seems that it gets a bit out of control and we loose sight of what we are all here for....so it seems.

Just want everyone to remember why we are here and continue to work on changing for ourselves and not get too involved in the drama!

Whew. Maybe it's good I missed that. Without entering into a huge, feminist rant, it especially pisses me off when women put eachother down.

Hope that's the end of it!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Did someone say BANANA BREAD?!?!?!?:bigsmile:
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why everyone can't get along, why be mean? why attack people in their mail, I mean COME ON PEOPLE, we are all in this together, I love this site because of how much help i get with the tools but mainly to see that i am not in this alone. Besides, why be mean when there is banana bread around?
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    Personally, I find it best to go by what my mum always told me and my brothers when we were little and fighting on a car trip or something: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!"
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Amen ,sista!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Did someone say BANANA BREAD?!?!?!?:bigsmile:

Jo, we're counting on you to find a good low cal / low fat recipe for that.....:wink:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yeah...... Jo...... where's the recipe? (said in a tone kinda like where's the beef?) Hugs to all, get over the weekend, it's Tuesday already:bigsmile: :laugh: ~karen
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Muffins

(6 servings) Printable Version

* 2 cups whole wheat flour
    * 1 tsp. baking powder
    * 1 tsp. baking soda
    * 1/2 tsp. salt
    * 1/2 cup apple sauce
    * 1/2 cup maple syrup
    * 1 tsp. cinnamon
    * 1 cup water

Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Next combine wet ingredients in a bowl and then mix well with dry ingredients. Pour into prepared muffin pans and bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.

Is this close enough to banana bread? I bet you could add bananas and cut the apple sauce and maple syrup. :bigsmile: