EAT EXERCISE CALORIES

13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Pgalasti, i actually wasnt responding to the op, in fact that is why i quoted you and didnt reference the op at all. I would adsume that by responding to your request that the op utilize some of the knowledge and relate it to their situation.

I guess i should have made that a bit more clear but unfortunately it wasnt. Also for your edification, if i were to increase my exercise or my tdee, i also increase my caloric intake to prevent muscle mass in which it has worked to date. Another think i do is remeasure myself every 90 days to monitor progress as well as re assess my caloric needs.

I hope you didnt take my post as offensive, as it was not intended to be that way.

Cheers

Lemon
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    No offense taken. I just like good'ol debate on the intraweb.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    I don't understand why people get so defensive about this subject. I think the bottom line is if eating back your exercise calories works for you, go for it and eat them! And if not, then don't eat them. I always eat mine because I was stuck for a while due to NOT doing so, and I know many people that were in the same situation until they finally started eating them back.

There's a lot of trial and error on the weight loss journey. We all just need to figure out what works best for us, and without the tiresome attitude people often give each other on this site.

Good luck to all on this journey!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    I have eaten between 600 and 900 calories for 6 weeks..down went the weight, I gave up drinking, no fast food, no dinners out. I then followed directions, ate 1200 to 1400 calories and exercised I gained 4 pounds. It is NOT muscle, have only been going to the gym for 2 weeks. Is it my age, diet, SO discouraged and depressed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I have eaten between 600 and 900 calories for 6 weeks..down went the weight, I gave up drinking, no fast food, no dinners out. I then followed directions, ate 1200 to 1400 calories and exercised I gained 4 pounds. It is NOT muscle, have only been going to the gym for 2 weeks. Is it my age, diet, SO discouraged and depressed.

Don't be discouraged. There are two reason why you gained weight. First, you deprived your body of proper nutrition for a while. So when your body got the nutrition it needed, it held onto the food. Don't worry though as it will correct itself. This stuff takes about a month. Second, if you just started going to the gym, where you previously haven't, your muscles are holding onto water (this is part of repairing themselves) and in fact, if you are burning a lot of calories, there is still a good chance you aren't eating enough.