15 grams of sugar a day! IT WORKS!

Options

Replies

• damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I saw a ripped dude driving a Mercedes. Therefore, if you drive a Mercedes you will get ripped, right? :tongue:

Yes I drive a Mercedes Benz... Yes I am ripped. Therefore, if you want to get ripped, drive my Mercedes Benz! ... Hey!!!:mad:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Cool. I'm gonna eat 5,000 cals a day of sugar-free steak and eggs.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Cool. I'm gonna eat 5,000 cals a day of sugar-free steak and eggs.
    Don't you dare put sugar on there or you'll gain, bro.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sugar...carbs...fat...all are just carriers of calories.

Make a calorie deficit, lose weight.

How you GET to the deficit, well, everyone is different. Ultimately though, just have 15g of sugar is just cutting your calories disguised in a fancy smock. But, if it works for you, go for it! I personally prefer having the things i want, and not being restricted by anything other than calories.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard for people to go beyond themselves and just say thank you and be on your way. -Jack Nickelson. I think it's great that you found what works for you and if you look at the facts it IS sound advice. For all the negative nellies out there we really don't have time now do we. When the desciples went through a town that turned them down they shook the dust off there sandles and moved on. Great job and keep up the excellent effort.:flowerforyou:
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    the haters arent worth replying too....it's absolutey going to go no where....THANK YOU for sharing your success.....we all need help and success stories are great to hear......but seriously if someone is just wanted to prove your wrong it's just a battle of NOTHING....I pretty much interact with people that actually want to support, learn and help......unless they ARE ALL KNOWING.. they will always miss out on something that actually might be the greatess lessoned learned in their life.....PEACE

AGREED!!! :)
  • killagb
    Options
    Why is it so hard for people to go beyond themselves and just say thank you and be on your way. -Jack Nickelson. I think it's great that you found what works for you and if you look at the facts it IS sound advice. For all the negative nellies out there we really don't have time now do we. When the desciples went through a town that turned them down they shook the dust off there sandles and moved on. Great job and keep up the excellent effort.:flowerforyou:
    Who is Jack Nickelson?
    jack%2Bnickel%2Bson.jpg
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    [qoute]
    It's not like I'm living on McDs and Guinness! [/quote] There is a marathon runner who does and she is in excellent health. I was shocked to be watching the story on the news. She runs because she likes to run. She turned her love affair with running into a charity of some sort. It's a great story anyways.
  • tnic86
    Options
    the haters arent worth replying too....it's absolutey going to go no where....THANK YOU for sharing your success.....we all need help and success stories are great to hear......but seriously if someone is just wanted to prove your wrong it's just a battle of NOTHING....I pretty much interact with people that actually want to support, learn and help......unless they ARE ALL KNOWING.. they will always miss out on something that actually might be the greatess lessoned learned in their life.....PEACE

This is a food and nutrition forum to... you know... discuss food and nutrition? If anything, it should motivate people to investigate and do their own research. So in those regards, it is going somewhere.

Nobody is hating on anything she said. I have a serious issue with some of the advice posted on this thread because it contradicts 100+ years of nutritional study. Also, I have no clue how this became a life lesson thread. I think it's also safe to assume the greatest lesson in life won't be learned on myfitnesspal.com.

Actually, it seems to me that this site is a contest of "who thinks they know more". It seems like every thread I click on, it is nothing more than a contest to see who can act like they know more than the previous poster or the op.
  • killagb
    Options

This is a food and nutrition forum to... you know... discuss food and nutrition? If anything, it should motivate people to investigate and do their own research. So in those regards, it is going somewhere.

Nobody is hating on anything she said. I have a serious issue with some of the advice posted on this thread because it contradicts 100+ years of nutritional study. Also, I have no clue how this became a life lesson thread. I think it's also safe to assume the greatest lesson in life won't be learned on myfitnesspal.com.

Actually, it seems to me that this site is a contest of "who thinks they know more". It seems like every thread I click on, it is nothing more than a contest to see who can act like they know more than the previous poster or the op.
    I know it.....and I know it better than you did.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

This is the Internet, ma'am. Very rarely does someone who is wrong get away with it.....
  • tnic86
    Options
    Can't we all get along? LOL! :D
  • killagb
    Options
    rodney-king.jpg
  • tnic86
    Options
    rodney-king.jpg

Hahahaha!!! :D
  • mdudra
    mdudra Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats on the success! I think it’s great that you shared this link with others. I saw that same Rachel Ray show and was definitely intrigued by this ‘limit your sugar and carbs’ concept. People monitor their diet in many ways (calories, carbs, fat, sugar, etc). If anything, I thought Jorge's book was interesting and it really opened my eyes to reading the whole label (sugar included – not just calories and fat). I was shocked to see how much sugar were in some foods that I considered healthy. I joined MFP on Aug 31st, and lost 10 lbs in Sept. I am not naive enough to think that my 10 lb weight loss was solely due to my reduction in sugar intake. I think by joining this site, logging my meals/ exercise, water weight loss, and keeping myself accountable have all played a role in my September success. By adding “sugar” it to my tracking page I found on days when my lunch might have been high in sugar, I rethought my dinner that night (ie: if I had a strawberry, blueberry, and ½ banana shake for breakfast, I stuck to foods that were low in sugar for the rest of the day). As someone who never really even glanced at the amount of sugar in foods, I found this to be eye opening. Congrats again on the success! Keep up the good work!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Who is Jack Nickelson?
    jack%2Bnickel%2Bson.jpg

hahahahahaha:laugh: that is just so wrong!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    15 grams of sugar...that means you can have 0 fruit..no thank you.

Agree.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Sugar...carbs...fat...all are just carriers of calories.

Make a calorie deficit, lose weight.

How you GET to the deficit, well, everyone is different. Ultimately though, just have 15g of sugar is just cutting your calories disguised in a fancy smock. But, if it works for you, go for it! I personally prefer having the things i want, and not being restricted by anything other than calories.

yes, no matter which thing you cut out (carbs, or sugar, or fat) it reduces your calories. Not disagreeing there. The "personally prefer having the things i want" - I wanna be healthy!

congrats to the OP for finding something that is working.
    I have been on every diet or "lifestyle change" I can find. being on MFP allowed me to begin SLOWLY losing. MONTHS for a pound here and there.

I have come under fire and will again, because of my diet. I am not counting the calories, only tracking the food, but MFP tracks the cals anyway. so everyone sees a deficit and gives me a hard time.

go ahead. look at my diet. (friday was a one off, out for chinese) but generally speaking, my sugars are super low. like usually 6g or lower. my carbs (approx. 1/3 of MFP recommends) and sodium also low. it is not a long term plan, but it is being monitored by my doctors. I dropped 14 pounds in two weeks. 5 of that is water weight. I won't suddenly begin eating normally again, I will gradually add in stuff as I am directed. by the time i reach phase 3, it IS a sustainable for life plan.

anyway, not even sure what my point was, other than to say, if the OP found something that works, something that motivates her, KUDOS. sure, words of caution, but not insulting and condemning. Makes us look like bullies on the play ground.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why a nutritionist would endorse a diet that would allow someone to eat STRING CHEESE but not an apple?!?!