Down 70 lbs and before/after tummy tuck pics

Options
13»

Replies

• mcrowder109
    mcrowder109 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great. Sorry to hear about the bad start, but it looks great, will look forward to the updates you post. That is my goal when I lose my weight.
  • estellas
    Options
    I'm on the same support group as ShellBell is and I totally agree with her. It's the most amazing site and there is so much support there. I had my tummy tuck 7/1/11 and would ever want to go back to the belly I had before. You look amazing...congrats on your new body :)
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pics, and let me tell say that you look great.... I too had a tummy tuck back in 2008 and I was weighing 170 which is not the best weight for me, but its a weight that I feel comfortable with, in my case, I also had 2 c-sections and had a horrible hanging belly. Now... let me tell you that a year after my TT I met my current husband and got pregnant again shortly there after, so I had my 3rd c section and incredibly enough, my belly looks great even after that pregnancy, it looks just as it did after I did it. Now, I did gain weight in the begining of my relationship and with the pregnancy which got me up to 232. My son is now 14 months old and I am down to 185 and hope to get back to 170 soon. Sorry for longgggg talk. Just wanna tell you good luck with your recovery, it will get better and dont push yourself too soon, take it easy and I wish you all the best..
    Oh, I didnt mention it was the best thing I ever did for myself!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pics, and let me tell say that you look great.... I too had a tummy tuck back in 2008 and I was weighing 170 which is not the best weight for me, but its a weight that I feel comfortable with, in my case, I also had 2 c-sections and had a horrible hanging belly. Now... let me tell you that a year after my TT I met my current husband and got pregnant again shortly there after, so I had my 3rd c section and incredibly enough, my belly looks great even after that pregnancy, it looks just as it did after I did it. Now, I did gain weight in the begining of my relationship and with the pregnancy which got me up to 232. My son is now 14 months old and I am down to 185 and hope to get back to 170 soon. Sorry for longgggg talk. Just wanna tell you good luck with your recovery, it will get better and dont push yourself too soon, take it easy and I wish you all the best..

I have to say it is good to know that you had a pregnancy after the TT and still have great results. My husband went back and forth over and over again about more children because I didn't want to have any after the surgery. In the end we decided that having had 2 healthy beautiful girls was enough for us. That's why I had the surgery now. I was told I shouldn't get pregnant after. I am so happy for you though and glad that in some cases it is ok to have baby after TT! Good luck with everything!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I have to say it is good to know that you had a pregnancy after the TT and still have great results. My husband went back and forth over and over again about more children because I didn't want to have any after the surgery. In the end we decided that having had 2 healthy beautiful girls was enough for us. That's why I had the surgery now. I was told I shouldn't get pregnant after. I am so happy for you though and glad that in some cases it is ok to have baby after TT! Good luck with everything!

Thank you so much! To be honest, I was more than happy with my two girls as well, however, sometimes life has things in store for you that you never imagined, I married my husband who had no kids and was his dream to have kids, and so I ended up having a third baby which turned out to be a boy and I couldnt be any happier, but I know its not an easy thing to do, after having such a risky surgery. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with your recovery and again, you look fabulous.. Keep us posted with your recovery..
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I just had a tummy tuck on Wednesday and for the same reasons as you did! My insurance wasn't so generous and wouldn't pay for part of it. I am planning on appealing it as I think that the part they are covering should be the part they are not covering. They are covering the pannus removal and not the muscle separation.... I had to pay around $3600. I wish you the best on your recovery! We are just a few weeks apart so it will be interesting to see if we heal similar or not. Once I am feeling a little better, I will try and post my pre-op and my post-op as well. I was 155 when I went in and am 162 now. I know that they got rid of almost 3 pounds of fat and on top of that 13 inches of excess skin. I also had to c-section babies. Both boys that were both 9 1/2 pounders.....
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anymore after pictures to show us how you look now!!
  • MayaNelson
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
    I have similarly had a few C-sections, and am very apprehensive about how my skin will respond to my weight loss.
    I am already creaming, and applying lotion like crazy! but I already have such large stretch marks from pregnancies and other weight... Well, I can live with that easier than the weight!

Maya
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this because I would love to see you in another month to see how its turning out! Congrats on the weight loss. I too will be one of those with an "apron" that will never go away.

Take care and take it easy till it heals! Thank you for the inspiring pictures!
  • cakedva
    cakedva Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I too will need surgery. I've had 5 children (2 c-sections, 2 naturals, and one of the c-sections was twins). My tummy has been stretcccched and hangs and sits in my lap.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!! I also had a tummy tuck 2 yrs ago and itwas the best desition I had ever made but like you said everyone it's different and I didnt have any complications at all, my belly looked exactly like yours I had the hanging low belly , I had 2 c-sections and I guess it's a good thing having a family member as a plastic surgeron ( my cuzin) lol.. It helped me alot... Lol I will look for some picks see if I find some before ones
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, and thank you for posting your story and photos!
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    bump
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I just had a tummy tuck on Wednesday and for the same reasons as you did! My insurance wasn't so generous and wouldn't pay for part of it. I am planning on appealing it as I think that the part they are covering should be the part they are not covering. They are covering the pannus removal and not the muscle separation.... I had to pay around $3600. I wish you the best on your recovery! We are just a few weeks apart so it will be interesting to see if we heal similar or not. Once I am feeling a little better, I will try and post my pre-op and my post-op as well. I was 155 when I went in and am 162 now. I know that they got rid of almost 3 pounds of fat and on top of that 13 inches of excess skin. I also had to c-section babies. Both boys that were both 9 1/2 pounders.....

My insurance won't cover the diastasis repair or TT, even though I also have 2 hernias. They say the diastasis is "Cosmetic", to which I argue they are always telling you keep your ab's strong for your back so how can it be cosmetic?? Also had 2 c sections, 10 years apart. First child 9.9lbs, second 10lbs...
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice! (I had to wear a binder like that after my c/section. Really helped!) Thanks for sharing--you look great!
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am interested also in future pictures of your recovery. Even with the post-op swelling, there is a world of difference! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!