Most embarrassing thing YOU ever did on a date?

Options
2»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I went on a date with a guy who wouldn't tell me what we were doing. I decided to wear jeans, heels and a nice shirt because that would work for almost any situation. He took me out to see his horses and it had rained earlier so the ground was really soft. My heels kept sinking into the mud and at one point while climbing over the fence my heel broke. I ended up falling and I got coated in mud. It was the longest, most awkward drive home.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    First time I ever met my current boyfriend was probably the most embarrassing for both of us. I asked if he would bring his cat because I lived on campus (no pets) and was seriously upset by a different situation that popped up that day. I didn't think he would actually do it. But an hour later he pulls into the parking lot and crash lands because he was so nervous. I offered to hold the cat while he straightened the car up before going to my room. I underestimated the power in a Mustang GT and the second he started up the cat went berserk! So, when he got out, no cat, no girl. We had to crawl through the bushes and under a car to get the cat back. The same night I flung salad across the table and he kept stalling the car (it's a standard).
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I bumped my head on the Starbucks sign by our table.
    Twice.
    In the same 5 minutes.

He said that he was nervous when he first met me, but after I showed him what a klutz I was he felt more at ease. Glad I could provide that service. :grumble:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I was dating my now husband, we went out on a date to the movies, and as I was standing in line waiting to get in, I thought my boyfriend was right behind me so I backed up against and started teasing his mid section with my hands behind my back, he kept backing up and I kept following. Inside the theater my boyfriend was upset with me, and I asked him why, and he said I did not think you'd be that friendly with other men with me standing there watching. Apparently it was not him right behind me, some other guy who had trouble getting away. Thank God I did not realize it while it was happening I would have been as red as a tomato.

omg so funny
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Well, we'd been dating for a while, but on this date he said, "I love you" I responded with, "That's awkward"

We broke up shortly after.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My very first time dating this guy he came with his co- worker to the date...his co- worker was kind of interviewing me..this was making me feel very uncomfortable and to make things worst my date called his boss and other co-workers to join us @ the restaurant...when they all got there he proposed to me...I just walked out without saying a word...never saw him again...
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It wasn't embarrassing. I went on a blind date with a guy and his mother. No I'm not kidding. He couldn't drive so his mother drove us. The sad part was I liked his mother - he was an *kitten*!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I went to Steak and Shake w/ a man who on a whim decided to sit in the same booth as me. I was not expecting it so my hand was resting on the seat and he sat on it, and broke off half of my tumbnail. (I married him anyway) :heart:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    First date and I was telling some really inappropriate joke. (Yeah, I know, probably not the best time for that.) I was leaning across the table and kind of whispering the punch line when my hair fell in the candle and started burning. I found this hilarious. He was really uptight and Im pretty sure he thought I was a hot-mess. haha
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My most embarassing moment on a date was whipping out my American Express Gold Card at a Denny's about 20 years ago for a meal that cost about $25.00. The waitress came back and told me the charge didn't go through! On my gold card!

Found out I hadn't paid the bill. Of course I had no other funds and my date had to pay!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    he said, "I love you" I responded with, "That's awkward"
    He should have known better. That's a perfectly acceptable response from you. If he'd known you AT ALL....
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I locked the keys in the car at my senior year homecoming dance. And she still married me, then I divorced her a few years later.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ahhh damn! I can't participate. Sadly I have never officially been on a date.

Course if I did ever go on one (never been asked....hint hint) what would most likely end up happening is the dude would trip over my feet, my dinner would end up on the table next to us, I would slip and knock over a waiter, whatever I was drinking would fall on whatever I was wearing, he would chock on his fish or steak and I would accidently poke out my eye with a fork. ER for the both of us. Yes I think that is a pretty accurate future description of my first date.......

Edit: correction I HAVE been asked but not by someone I was ever interested in. Tis what I meant:)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Blind date with a guy named Sam - my name is Sam - I guess this was supposed to be fate... well .. you could tell when we met at the mall he was not impressed because he kept avoiding eye contact so I of course kept screaming "SAM! SAM! ARE YOU SAM? YOU? OH YOU!" whatever, I charmed him with my wit (not) and we saw a movie - by the end he seemed to tolerate me - walks me to my car and we're doing the good nights - I punch him in the shoulder, shoot my two gun hands and say "catch ya later slugger"

neither he nor the girl who set us up ever contacted me again
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I accidentally proposed. She will never let it down. Had our 20th anniversary this year.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I accidentally proposed. She will never let it down. Had our 20th anniversary this year.

Awww how adorable! Guess she found you to be a keeper:)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    he said, "I love you" I responded with, "That's awkward"
    He should have known better. That's a perfectly acceptable response from you. If he'd known you AT ALL....

Exactly,

I locked the keys in the car at my senior year homecoming dance. And she still married me, then I divorced her a few years later.

I'm sorry, Glock, but this ^ killed me.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Well, on my first date when I was 14 or 15, my mom hit and killed a wild boar.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    too funny