OCD when entering your food to your diary....

2»

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    I don't always do it, but when I enter foods into my diary I do like them in order (the same when I'm creating a recipe).

Is it OCD or the sign of an ordered mind... naw... it's OCD :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No, it's a harmless quirk. OCD is a serious disorder and you aren't doing anyone any favors by using the term lightly.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    No, it's a harmless quirk. OCD is a serious disorder and you aren't doing anyone any favors by using the term lightly.

Thank you. I agree. As someone who actually has OCD, not a little quirk, but real, debilitating OCD, I cannot stand it when people say "I'm a little OCD'. That's like saying "I'm a little schizophrenic".

If people knew what OCD really felt like, they wouldn't joke about it like it's some funny little habit.
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Woahhh ok, this post was meant to be light hearted and a bit of fun. Sorry if using the term "OCD" offended some people, but it really wasn't meant in a horrible way!!!
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    I think people need to 'lighten up' this thread was obviously abit of fun and not intended to offend anyone with OCD...... Although clearly it has offended people with PARANOIA!!!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    That's my point-there is nothing to "lighten up" about. It's not a joking topic.

Maybe I should start making derogatory posts about how cancer treatment is a great weight loss plan. People would jump all over me for that one, wouldn't they?

My only point is making jokes about other people's conditions only perpetuates the stigma that goes along with it. Just because it's a mental health condition doesn't exclude it from "not funny/joking matter" topics. OCD is just as much a medical condition as cancer, diabetes, PCOS-no one cracks jokes about them. So just be mindful, or pick something else to make jokes about.
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    I think a topic about people losing weight because of cancer is a little different than a thread which was meant to be a joke and not to offend people is abit different. I think it's getting abit stupid now, we get that you didn't like the thread. End of.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    That's my point-there is nothing to "lighten up" about. It's not a joking topic.

Maybe I should start making derogatory posts about how cancer treatment is a great weight loss plan. People would jump all over me for that one, wouldn't they?

My only point is making jokes about other people's conditions only perpetuates the stigma that goes along with it. Just because it's a mental health condition doesn't exclude it from "not funny/joking matter" topics. OCD is just as much a medical condition as cancer, diabetes, PCOS-no one cracks jokes about them. So just be mindful, or pick something else to make jokes about.

First of all I will respect your view on this subject, however as a person who does suffer OCD in my life I feel your view a little stereotypical of someone who does suffers. Now I joke about many conditions I have because it makes dealing with the strain of living each day with them a little easier to bear and hasn't it always been said that laughter is the best cure?

The topic is not in a taste which belittles the suffers of the condition and therefore is not derogative to you or anyone else. However you seem to have taken the matter to heart, and maybe you should find a better way to vent your frustration. After all angry is but temporary insanity. Having the frame of mind that you seem to have got stuck in will only lead to one road and its not very nice.

However since stigma around mental health is a topic I deal with first hand and it is bred through lake of proper education on the matter. maybe instead of becoming up tight around the matter. Try educating someone to help break the stigma rather than becoming defensive thus creating and reinforcing your own stigma.

Mental health should be a subject of open discussion to avoid this misunderstanding and break stigma's once and for all.