Partially insulting NSV.

Options
124»

Replies

• robmaguire1
    Options
    I just got back from a convention where I see the same people on an annual basis. They were all very conplimentary on my weight loss. But then a close friend who was also there said that three people came up to her and asked if I was sick because of my weight loss. I mean, I still weigh 178 pounds!!! God forbid it's because I worked my *kitten* off and dedicated myself to better eating and a better life. Thank you for letting me vent.......
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think its better than getting "when are you due?" When you're not pregnant. Lol

oh my god, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cartoon in your signature!!!
  • sknywheels
    Options
    My wife lost 30 lbs. She was 170 and went to 140. She looks amazing but she's not sickly thin at all. Right after she lost the weight her OBESE relatives started accusing her of being bulimic because "there's no way you could have lost that weight". Very hurtful. I think lots of people need to cut down on others' success. I think people scoff at others because it makes them feel better about their own lives.
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    After my dad lost 80lbs my grandpa kept saying his head looked like a peanut, but yes I hate this type of thing. I haven't really told people I'm trying to lose weight because they criticize me for it. I gained over 35 pounds in college and that's how much I want to lose, but even my boyfriend (who has lost 80lbs himself) says I"ll be too skinny if I lose that much when in actuality I'll be the same size I was 5 years ago when we started dating.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!