Preparing for an Agility test

Options
So coming up is the a local written test for a police department..As long as I do good on the test and get called before i go to the acadamy i have to pass an Agility test. I have to do 1 1/2 miles in 15 mins 32 situps in 1 min and 15 push ups in 15 mins now these push ups and situps are like the military ones. they will put a fist under your chin for push ups and your fingers locked hehind head for situps. RIght now i am finishing my first week on C25K to work myself up for the 1 1/2 mile run keeping my fingers crossed on being able to do a 5k on thanksgiving day... After my runs i usually come home and do different crunches and usually about 5 reg situps to work my way up every week. i do push ups on my knees right now and next week ill ad 2 reg pushups... I need some advice if anyone has any on increasing my push ups and situps even my 1 1/2 mile Thanks

Replies

• sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would definitely work in some sprint work/interval training at least once a week to get your body ready for the agility test and it will also help you for the 1.5 mile run. It gets your body prepared to operate at a higher aerobic level for an extended period of time. You'll need that if you are going to be moving from one agility station to the next. Good Luck!