Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hey measurement liars!

2»

Replies

• hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 159 Member
    im also hateing my scales at the moment and to make matters worse my husband thinks that if the scales dont show a loss then im doing everything wrong!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Lol posts crack me up...

I get it! Whether you're pear, hourglass, or boxed shape if you're working hard at your goal (Weightloss, toning, or both) and if nothing is changing on the scale or measurements, but your clothes are "changing" their snugness... then you are changing. I call it "Moving" lol!

My weights MOVED a lot this month, But I have seen significant weight and measurement loss, and measurement gain (in the legs)

Sometimes hitting "plateaus" are not a HORRIBLE thing! Stuff is moving. Muscle is gained (weighs more than fat/ burns fat) so even if you're not DROPPING LBS you're body is changing.

I've lost +5lbs this month and only dropped a few HALF inches in hips and waist since my last weigh in. My bras no longer fit properly (:-( Goodbye girls), my panties are getting saggy and Thank You LORD for drawstrings or I'd be in a MESS! So there IS change. I can see it & my cloths are confirming it.

We all change differently. So don't be discouraged about HOW FAST it comes off or isn't... IF YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE THEN THERE IS CHANGE. :-D

Thanks for the Topic
    SLB
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Excellent!!! It's people like you that succeed! So happy for your Plateau re-arranging!
    Lol posts crack me up...

I get it! Whether you're pear, hourglass, or boxed shape if you're working hard at your goal (Weightloss, toning, or both) and if nothing is changing on the scale or measurements, but your clothes are "changing" their snugness... then you are changing. I call it "Moving" lol!

My weights MOVED a lot this month, But I have seen significant weight and measurement loss, and measurement gain (in the legs)

Sometimes hitting "plateaus" are not a HORRIBLE thing! Stuff is moving. Muscle is gained (weighs more than fat/ burns fat) so even if you're not DROPPING LBS you're body is changing.

I've lost +5lbs this month and only dropped a few HALF inches in hips and waist since my last weigh in. My bras no longer fit properly (:-( Goodbye girls), my panties are getting saggy and Thank You LORD for drawstrings or I'd be in a MESS! So there IS change. I can see it & my cloths are confirming it.

We all change differently. So don't be discouraged about HOW FAST it comes off or isn't... IF YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE THEN THERE IS CHANGE. :-D

Thanks for the Topic
    SLB
  • NatalieWinning
    My husband is always like that! I try to ignore it. He's always wrong. Thankfully it makes me more determined to show him he's wrong! He started out poo pooing my ski machine, my MFP use, and Zumba. But you know what? The weight kept coming off and he eventually joined MFP too and became a runner! Of course he keeps checking to be sure he's losing more than me or my daughter. And he doubles up on the treadmill so he can stay ahead of me :laugh:
    im also hateing my scales at the moment and to make matters worse my husband thinks that if the scales dont show a loss then im doing everything wrong!
  • NatalieWinning
    Maybe we will just move past the 12 ounce container?
    "Pour 12 oz into different 12 ounce containers of different shapes. Shape and weight can remain the same and be a totally different look."

Yeah, but only if you add a 90 degree angle to it ..lol.. and people's bodies do NOT tend to do so.

You also said 12 ounce container OF DIFFERENT shapes ..and then.. shape and weight can REMAIN THE SAME :huh:

Exactly how is this physically possible?

If my 36 (random) inch waist has gone from flabby to hard ..that's a HUGE change and anyone (including Stevie Wonder should notice it) lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Lol posts crack me up...

This still makes no sense. If your waist was 30 in of flab and you changed it to 30 in of hard muscle, how would that make your clothes less snug? They are still stretching around 30 in. You would probably look better without your clothes, but your clothese would be just as snug unless your measurements got smaller.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Lol posts crack me up...

This still makes no sense. If your waist was 30 in of flab and you changed it to 30 in of hard muscle, how would that make your clothes less snug? They are still stretching around 30 in. You would probably look better without your clothes, but your clothese would be just as snug unless your measurements got smaller.

Yeah, but, how do you go from flab to muscle without your measurements getting smaller?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Lol posts crack me up...

Yeah, but, how do you go from flab to muscle without your measurements getting smaller?

I doubt it could, unless one were already very thin. I was just going with what was offered in the OP, which was no inches or pounds lost.