Is being called thick a good thing? lol

Options
Alright so I have lost 10-12 lbs. I feel great about it but I know I have a long ways to go. But I couldn't help but notice that all my african american friends keep telling me I'm thick. I went out one night downtown for a friends birthday and a guy yelled at me and said "Dang girl, you're thick!" I don't really know how to take this. Haha did I just get called fat or was this a compliment?

Replies

• MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Being thick isn't a bad thing, means you got curvs in the right places
  • amgreen87
    amgreen87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it was a compliment lol
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Curves are wonderful imho. Ask my wife. :D
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good thing? I was once told I was thick in all the right places. Whatever.
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that's cute, it's a compliment. really really! :)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get called thick too. They all tell me that's a good thing. idk. lol
  • ClaireShepherd
    Options
    Well if being shouted at can ever be a compliment the slang dictionary defines thick as " having a nice body. Usually used towards females."

:happy:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I get that a lot too.... :smokin:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's good....I think, lol
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Take it has a compliment, like Beyonce she thick lol:)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I would say that whether or not it's a compliment would depend on the person saying it and how it was said. In the case you stated, I believe it was meant to be somewhat of a compliment. Some people like em "thick" ;)
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Being thick is a compliment. But we as women tend to want to be what we consider thin! To be honest, men want whatever makes us happy! if we weigh 350 (AFTER HAVING babies and life) then they dont care, if we remain thin after the babies they dont care. They truly love us for who we are(well my DH does). Women tend to think on the fat thing too much. But anywho off of my soapbox!

my hubby tells me i am not fat but I KNOW I AM! so therefore i am eating healthier and ding boot camp to get to my skinny! it may not be your skinny but its mine!
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Alright so I have lost 10-12 lbs. I feel great about it but I know I have a long ways to go. But I couldn't help but notice that all my african american friends keep telling me I'm thick. I went out one night downtown for a friends birthday and a guy yelled at me and said "Dang girl, you're thick!" I don't really know how to take this. Haha did I just get called fat or was this a compliment?

I have a huge *kitten* and thighs so black guys are my biggest fans when I go out.. haha, I'm sure that's gonna piss someone off, but oh well.

I was out one night and a guy said to me "damn, you have a fat *kitten*!' I was like :-O and my friend was like 'GIRL THAT'S A GOOD THING!!' I was like.. uh is it though?!

I would rather be thick than skinny.. and the bottom line is as long as you're healthy and you're happy with yourself- rock it!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Definitely a compliment, though, not my favorite one.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well here it means Stoopid, but I'm sure that's not what they meant.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Im from the UK if someone called me 'Thick' Id proberbly get em in a head lock... lol. Thick mean's stupid to me. But if i'm ever called it in the US note to self *leave the head lock* haha x
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I would say that whether or not it's a compliment would depend on the person saying it and how it was said. In the case you stated, I believe it was meant to be somewhat of a compliment. Some people like em "thick" ;)

I know I do!!!
  • VashCrowley
    Options
    I don't think it's a bad thing to be called thick. I guess it all depends on the context and tone it was used in though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    unless they're referring to your IQ...
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Thick - Curvey, sexy

Personally, I would like to be skinny thick. Small tight tummy, nice little hips, and keep my boobs. Is this possible??? haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!