Is being called thick a good thing? lol

Options

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Im from the UK if someone called me 'Thick' Id proberbly get em in a head lock... lol. Thick mean's stupid to me. But if i'm ever called it in the US note to self *leave the head lock* haha x
    I am in the US and thick means stupid to me as well.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Im from the UK if someone called me 'Thick' Id proberbly get em in a head lock... lol. Thick mean's stupid to me. But if i'm ever called it in the US note to self *leave the head lock* haha x
    [/q

Yes in UK it does mean stupid I remember lol
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's a compliment - JLo and Bey are considered thick.

Go girlie!
  • Whitneylol
    Options

Maybe it's a generational thing? Thick to me=Beyonce, stupid=stupid
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Well.. it's supposed to be a compliment, but black men like bigger girls. So, it's up to you to interpret it how you will.

Someone said Jenifer Lopez is thick.. um.. no she isnt
  • shan889
    shan889 Posts: 73
    Options
    Yeah I don't know how to exactly take it. To them they like bigger girls and that's great, lol ,but I don't want to be a "bigger" girl. If it meant like Beyonce thick....I think I could handle that, she's beautiful! Either way I guess it's motivation to keep losing this weight.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Yeah I don't know how to exactly take it. To them they like bigger girls and that's great, lol ,but I don't want to be a "bigger" girl. If it meant like Beyonce thick....I think I could handle that, she's beautiful! Either way I guess it's motivation to keep losing this weight.

I feel the same way. I hate that they typically like bigger girls and then they like me, cos I dont want to be classified as "big"! But, honestly, at least they give compliments! I can't remember the last time a lil nerdy caucasian gave me a direct compliment!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Maybe it's a generational thing? Thick to me=Beyonce, stupid=stupid

Context. Thick can mean slightly meaty, curvy, or stupid/dense. I don't think it's generational. If anything, it's often times cultural, but I use it both ways.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Thick like cornbread is a good thing. Take it as a compliment.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thick - Curvey, sexy

Personally, I would like to be skinny thick. Small tight tummy, nice little hips, and keep my boobs. Is this possible??? haha

Yes this is what I want So funny!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. I hate that they typically like bigger girls and then they like me, cos I dont want to be classified as "big"! But, honestly, at least they give compliments! I can't remember the last time a lil nerdy caucasian gave me a direct compliment!

LOL!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    That happened to a good friend of mine. She was running and some black guy said to her, "Damn girl, you've got some thick legs!" He meant it as a compliment, but as a white girl, she just went home and cried.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

This. I've never heard it being used like this before.
  • shan889
    shan889 Posts: 73
    Options
    Yeah that night I literally went home and cried

Funny how things differ culturally. To them thick means beautiful but to white girls, you just called me fat. It's funny how we put so much emphasis on being thin and we think that white guys want thin, so that's what we want to be. Crazy how it works.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Here in Australia.. you call someone thick your saying they are Dumb... lol
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Detroit. Once when I was working out a lot a male friend told me I better be careful I didn't lose my butt, he said " a man needs something to hang onto."

It's a compliment, totally. Great job!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Yeah that night I literally went home and cried

Funny how things differ culturally. To them thick means beautiful but to white girls, you just called me fat. It's funny how we put so much emphasis on being thin and we think that white guys want thin, so that's what we want to be. Crazy how it works.
    It's true. It's definitely a cultural thing. As a "thick" girl I get hit on by black men and Hispanic men all of the time. Way more often than white men. I also think, in general, black men are often more confident and more likely to say what's on their mind. White men are far more reserved.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    definitely a compliment....
  • PeterBuilt09
    PeterBuilt09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There's toned and tight "thick" in the right places THEN theres sloppy "thick" with a gut.
    Different people may fall into different categories.. I think its apparent which ones good and which ones bad lol
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Got to love it, but ya I would of taken that as a compliment. . I know with my bootay. . which I am proud of lol. .even when I lose weight I always have curves and had a friend that told me because of said curves when I was in college he wanted to take me home to georgia to meet his momma. . :blushing: This was at the gym. . I was totally embarassed, but knew it was meant as a compliment.

So just smile and say thanks.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!