Replies

• cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have the same concern. I have lost 47 pounds and see people's pics on here at the same weight and I have this ginormous stomach and they don't, and it is upsetting. I did have twins 6 years ago, so I realize I will have more skin, but I just want it to start shrinking too! I am hoping my last 40 pounds it will start to shred off. I may start to try ab videos just to focus on this.

Good work everyone!!!!!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have the same concern. I have lost 47 pounds and see people's pics on here at the same weight and I have this ginormous stomach and they don't, and it is upsetting. I did have twins 6 years ago, so I realize I will have more skin, but I just want it to start shrinking too! I am hoping my last 40 pounds it will start to shred off. I may start to try ab videos just to focus on this.

Good work everyone!!!!!

Try not to get discouraged, everyone's bodies add and lose fat in different ways. Just keep at it. Ab workouts will not burn the fat around your mid-section any faster, so hopefully that isn't what you're hoping for. They will strengthen your ab muscles which will cause your abdomen to become a little more firm. But ultimately, all you can do is keep working on the weight loss, get enough protein and strength training to help preserve as much muscle as possible, and sooner or later you'll see the results you're looking for.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hello! I lost 28 pounds. I am 5'2 and weighed 140, now 112.

My biggest tip would probably be just eat intuitively. I gained my weight when recovering from an eating disorder (how ironic...) I went from 68 pounds to 140 very quickly, and then realized just to eat when I'm hungry and not to force it. I also started exercising again, which I hadn't in a while because I was scared I would over-exercise and lose too much weight again. So, my circumstances are probably different than yours, but the tips remain the same, eat only when you are hungry and exercise!

Here are my pics between 140 and 110. I will not post pictures of me below a healthy weight as they are triggering for some.

150b.jpg

150a.jpg

and currently:

Photo8.jpg

110a.jpg

Thank you for your advice. I gained my weight while recovering from an eating disorder as well, and also excess post-recovery...I went from 95 two and a half years ago to 171 now...I've been trying so hard to use the exchange system as a means of losing weight, but I've had a lot of issues with it, because I'm usually very under or very over the 'proper' amount of exchanges for myself. I also have a hard time with binging. Intuitive eating is what I be doing! I was even told that in treatment. But anyway, yes, I very much appreciate what you've said. I'm also glad it's possible to lose weight healthily after ED recovery!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Good work everyone!!!!!

Try not to get discouraged, everyone's bodies add and lose fat in different ways. Just keep at it. Ab workouts will not burn the fat around your mid-section any faster, so hopefully that isn't what you're hoping for. They will strengthen your ab muscles which will cause your abdomen to become a little more firm. But ultimately, all you can do is keep working on the weight loss, get enough protein and strength training to help preserve as much muscle as possible, and sooner or later you'll see the results you're looking for.

Thanks for the encouragement, after the week I have had fighting off new cravings all over the place, I needed it :)
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    okay y'all seriously have the best before/after pics!! LOVE this :) hehe
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    IMG_4614.jpg

It's not nearly perfect but I'm proud of what I've accomplished. The texture will never be quite right because of my stretch marks but it's getting better all the time. Lots of cardio and ab exercises! It's basically the last place that need to lose weight on my body right now so I'm trying to figure out all the tricks too :)
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I don't know how sexy it is...and I;m a guy...but here ya go :D

IMG_20100904_233259-1-1.jpg

Dinner is ready...will be back to post tips later if you are interested.

DUDE WHERE IS YOUR HAIR GONE ????:noway: ????? i LOVE a HAIRY guys chest :tongue: OMG....you killed it :sad:

GROW IT BACK and then repost! :blushing:
  • azshorty1115
    azshorty1115 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and semi after...the tummy pic is the other day..STILL a work in progress as I just had my baby within the last year. The first pic is where I started out at about 250 or so. I've basically just ate right, and done moderate cardio, and weights. I used to love doing crunches on the ab ball on cardio days. My cardio I do every other day, and I do HIIT.

me1nj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag1142.jpg

Your pics are amazing...I hope one day to look like that!! Can I add you?
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Here are my before and semi after...the tummy pic is the other day..STILL a work in progress as I just had my baby within the last year. The first pic is where I started out at about 250 or so. I've basically just ate right, and done moderate cardio, and weights. I used to love doing crunches on the ab ball on cardio days. My cardio I do every other day, and I do HIIT.

me1nj.jpg

imag1142.jpg

Your pics are amazing...I hope one day to look like that!! Can I add you?

Thanks! Absolutely you can! :)
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!