Coffee....good or bad

Options
Sometimes i get on a kick of drinking coffee and now that the cold weather is coming back so is my coffee urge. Do you think its bad to drink a cup or two every few days? I add sugar free creamer and sweet and low to it.

Replies

• jlhohensee
    Options
    I hear that is bad
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?

I have two cups daily.
  • Kellley
    Options
    coffee isnt good for you but im not one to talk..i think if you limit yourself and watch how much your drinking and dont load it up with sugar your ok!!!! everything is ok in moderation:happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Coffee is great. Creamer and sugar pollute its greatness.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Its not bad unless you load it with sugar and creamer! I use stevia and measure out 2 T creamer per cup.....I drink a lot! I hear coffee is good for you! Anything is fine in moderation!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Screw that! My 'last' diet wouldn't let me drink it and that didn't work out so well. If it's within your calories and it's in moderation, why would it be so bad? I have changed mine from double cream, double sugar to one milk, one sweetener but I am losing weight no problem...I'm doing everything else right, a cup or two of coffee a day wouldn't stop loss.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    A cup or two every couple of days???? Pffft .... I have a cup or two every couple of minutes the first hour I'm awake. And I'm not dead yet.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    no it's awesome!!! it helps your metabolism and gives you energy! i have a cup every couple of days :drinker:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    http://www.medpagetoday.com/search-resultsG.cfm?cx=011768189252658545601:mbkjjf4w20i&cof=FORID:10;NB:1&ie=UTF-8&q=Coffee&sa=Go

I don't think anyone has a definitive answer to this question. It drink several cups of coffee with creamer every day. That is my indulgence, the one thing I am not willing to eliminate from my diet. Listen to your body.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have two coffees a day! In the morning with milk and 1/2 tsp of sugar. Afternoon I don't put anything in it.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Coffee goood!!!.

Critics BADDDD!

Hey, it speeds up your metabolism. plus it is loaded with anti-oxidants. How can that be bad?
    When you bury it with cream, sugar, taste changing yuk, then it is nasty.

I suppose if you have hypertension, you may want to avoid it.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 5-6 cups of black coffee a day, have for years.

Look at my ticker, it works for me ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    coffee isnt good for you
    Who told you that?
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 cups every morning, with a small drop of skim milk. Hasn't seemed to hurt me, ever.

There are always new reports coming out, claiming that coffee has health benefits AND that coffee has health risks. Kind of like anything else, it has some good and some bad.

Sugar-free creamer and sweet 'n low, however, are full of chemicals and artificial ingredients-- but alright in moderation, especially if you're only indulging in your coffee every few days! If you like it, there's no reason to cut it out completely unless you have other health-related issues that caffeine can affect.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    It's been suggested that coffee is actually quite good for you, as long as you do overload it with the cream and sugar. Black coffee is obviously best. It's even been suggested caffeine can boost your metabolism.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Screw that! My 'last' diet wouldn't let me drink it and that didn't work out so well. If it's within your calories and it's in moderation, why would it be so bad? I have changed mine from double cream, double sugar to one milk, one sweetener but I am losing weight no problem...I'm doing everything else right, a cup or two of coffee a day wouldn't stop loss.

^Agreed!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Bad... if you try and take it away from me.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I just asked about this a few days ago...this is the link to the very helpful replies that I got.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374076-caffeine

I think it just depends on what you put in your coffee. I use one pack of truvia and one tablespoon of fat free creamer for each cup, and usually have at least two in the morning. It gets logged :) I don't function without caffeine.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I hate coffee.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Coffe on its own is fine. In fact it has been studied that caffein can be good to boost to the system in the correct amounts. It also open up the lungs allowing for better breathing.

Its when you add all the crap into it that screws up the coffee.