Oh the irony...

Options
Wasn't sure where to post this- it might count as a small "day success" haha.

So anyway, I had a really rough day at work- just lots and lots of added stress. I know this is terrible, but I tend to be an emotional eater. I've done really well so far, but today decided instead of going to the gym after work, I was going to pick up larkburger for dinner. So I go and end up taking it home. I ask for well done (what I always get) because I don't want any pink. Well, I get it out and it is literally burnt to a crisp- even the bun is black. I took one bite and it was disgusting- no way was I wasting calories on something like that. So I ended up throwing it away. So I tried to "cheat" and the universe won't let me, haha! I did eat the fries, and although of course they're not healthy they easily fit into my calories/fat for the day, so I still didn't go over. I just thought that was funny.

Replies

• anwscott
    Options
    That is pretty funny!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to post this- it might count as a small "day success" haha.

So anyway, I had a really rough day at work- just lots and lots of added stress. I know this is terrible, but I tend to be an emotional eater. I've done really well so far, but today decided instead of going to the gym after work, I was going to pick up larkburger for dinner. So I go and end up taking it home. I ask for well done (what I always get) because I don't want any pink. Well, I get it out and it is literally burnt to a crisp- even the bun is black. I took one bite and it was disgusting- no way was I wasting calories on something like that. So I ended up throwing it away. So I tried to "cheat" and the universe won't let me, haha! I did eat the fries, and although of course they're not healthy they easily fit into my calories/fat for the day, so I still didn't go over. I just thought that was funny.

Dear Universe,

Please treat me the same way next time I decide pick up pizza instead of cooking?

(I really needed that to happen to me this evening! Went over my cals and it didn't even taste all that good.)
  • ce47862
    ce47862 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you .... the power is in the knowledge of knowing what we are eating and how it affects us ....
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Love stories like that!! Shows your willpower is still there!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it will ward you off from trying that again!! ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!