Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Oh the irony...

Wasn't sure where to post this- it might count as a small "day success" haha.

So anyway, I had a really rough day at work- just lots and lots of added stress. I know this is terrible, but I tend to be an emotional eater. I've done really well so far, but today decided instead of going to the gym after work, I was going to pick up larkburger for dinner. So I go and end up taking it home. I ask for well done (what I always get) because I don't want any pink. Well, I get it out and it is literally burnt to a crisp- even the bun is black. I took one bite and it was disgusting- no way was I wasting calories on something like that. So I ended up throwing it away. So I tried to "cheat" and the universe won't let me, haha! I did eat the fries, and although of course they're not healthy they easily fit into my calories/fat for the day, so I still didn't go over. I just thought that was funny.

Replies

• That is pretty funny!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Wasn't sure where to post this- it might count as a small "day success" haha.

So anyway, I had a really rough day at work- just lots and lots of added stress. I know this is terrible, but I tend to be an emotional eater. I've done really well so far, but today decided instead of going to the gym after work, I was going to pick up larkburger for dinner. So I go and end up taking it home. I ask for well done (what I always get) because I don't want any pink. Well, I get it out and it is literally burnt to a crisp- even the bun is black. I took one bite and it was disgusting- no way was I wasting calories on something like that. So I ended up throwing it away. So I tried to "cheat" and the universe won't let me, haha! I did eat the fries, and although of course they're not healthy they easily fit into my calories/fat for the day, so I still didn't go over. I just thought that was funny.

Dear Universe,

Please treat me the same way next time I decide pick up pizza instead of cooking?

(I really needed that to happen to me this evening! Went over my cals and it didn't even taste all that good.)
  • ce47862
    ce47862 Posts: 8 Member
    Good for you .... the power is in the knowledge of knowing what we are eating and how it affects us ....
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Love stories like that!! Shows your willpower is still there!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Hopefully it will ward you off from trying that again!! ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!