Whats your electricity bill

Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
On average? Mine, on average, is $70 but gets as high as $140. I dont know if $70 is a lot, but it seems like it considering the size of my apt (small).

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Around here it can go up to as much as 300.00 in the summer (for houses bigger than mine though) Mine is on an even pay so it's the same all year, $118.00 a month.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    30-50$ lol all year round
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    The one I just got was $55
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    $170 during the summer
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    about 100 a month in the summer and 300 a month in winter.. gahh I live in the NW so we don't use A/C in the summer, but winter heat is on and expensive!!
  • Winter between 30-45 bucks which is pretty good for our 2 bd , 1200 sq ft place but in the summertime urggggg from 150-215!!! We have tiered program that makes the bills go sky-high.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    are we talking per month or quarter? Mine for Winter (3 months) was 290.
  • $30-35 a month year round for 2-bedroom apartment in southern California.
  • $314 for the month in a 3 bedroom house in New zealand :mad:
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    My average in the cold months is $350, and during the warm months $180ish. I have gas heat, electric water heater, electric range, and my house is like just under 3,000 sq. ft. In the winter I keep my thermostat set to 72-76°F, and in the summer set to 70-74°F. Compared to the rest of the United States the cost of electricity here is slightly above average. Hope this helps.

Edit to add: I also have "energy efficient" appliances and my thermostat is supposed to be some kind of genius about what it does. lol I don't know what my bills would be like with "standard efficiency" appliances or a thermostat that's "stupid". :P
  • 400$ in the summer and thats with the ac set at 78 degrees... this will be my 1st California winter so we'll see.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    My house is a two story 2020 sq. ft. and my highest bill this summer was $265. During the winter my electric bill drops to $120 but my propane bill jumps to near $300 :(

That's in keeping my thermostat at 80 in the summer and 65-70 in the winter. I live in Central Texas... Not exactly what I want my a/c set to in the summer... We do have a portable a/c unit that we brought back out and started using this summer. Dropped my electric bill down considerably. Last summer we were close to $300 :(
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Literally no more than like 25$ minimum and 40$ max ...Joys of living on my own and I am in Califonia lol
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Can't say, because it goes up in price that often, hahaha
  • I am on average payment plan,,, same amount every month year round. Currently I am paying $65 a month,,, twice a year (November and May,) the payment plan are adjusted, but always a few dollars either way.

This is for 690 sq feet apartment near Seattle.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    For our 1 bedroom flat we pay £43 per month for gas and electric (we spend much more in the winter and less in the summer so they average it out to give a monthly amount). We are very good with our heating though, even when it's freezing. Only a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening then blankets the rest of the time!
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    $314 for the month in a 3 bedroom house in New zealand :mad:

Yip around $400 a month for our 4 bedroom house in New Zealand
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    $78 year round. I am on a level payment plan... it never changes... unless it stays lower or higher for three months then they will either lower it or higher it. it normal only goes like $2 higher or $2 lower. not much more than that. I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment, we have no gas. everything is electric. we use the cold water tide for our laundry. in the winter we tend to let all the apartments and the ground warm our apartment... everyone blasts their heat and we like our apartment around 68 degrees. it usually goes to being about 70 in the winter from all the apartments surrounding ours. we are also half underground so that's why i said the ground. this is in Papillion, Nebraska.
  • Around $200 - $300 quarterly.
  • £40 - £50 per month for both gas an electricity, for a 2 bedroom flat with 2 people in it. We're not exactly frugal with our electricity either!