Motivated Mommas Week 6 (closed group)

Options
On behalf of Karie and this week's contributors here is our Week 6 Challenge:

Total Points Available: 27 + Bonuses for cardio and food! Good luck all!

Cardio: Due to it's success we are keeping Renu's challenge from last week going. Here it is again for conveinence sake.
Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
Created by Renu

Part 1- Time for walking.. Walking is the best exercise for staying fit and healthy, be it Leslie Sansone's walk at home, a leisurely walk with your kids, brisk walking to gear up the metabolism or walking on treadmill. Set a goal for yourself this week in terms of miles to be covered, say 10 miles in one week.. If you are an running/jogging expert, feel free to include that as well.. Lets walk away those pounds this week.. You meet your goal and earn 5 points and one extra point for each mile exceeded. (Suppose your goal is 10 and you covered 12 miles, you earn 2 extra points)

Part 2- Interval training. Introduce intervals in your walking or workout for 3 days this week. Suppose you are walking on a treadmill, change your walking phase from 3 to 3.5 for a mins, include the incline, etc..Intensity is measured in a scale of 1 to 10. Eg, 1 = standing still, 5=jogging, 10=running..Mix and match walking and running.. This will boost your metabolism as well..
Points-3

Part 3- Logging the details in the spreadsheet for 4 days
Points-4

Strength
Submitted by mom2calebncasyn (Amy)

7 points total

You can pick any day/any order to do the below exercises. You get 1 point per exercise completed.

Flamingo Dips: 2 sets of 15 reps per leg to target triceps & quads(http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/47040717/flamingo-dip.htm)

Decline Push Ups: 2 sets of 15 reps to target chest, arms, and abs
(http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/47040715/decline-push-up.htm)

Booty Lift: 2 sets of 15 reps to target butt & hamstrings
(http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/47040721/booty-lift.htm)

Forward Planks: 2 sets of 1 minute each to target arms, butt & legs
(http://www.livestrong.com/article/111663-plank-abdominal-strengthening-exercises)

Crunches: 100 to target abs (1 rep would be 25)

Squats: 100 to target thighs, hips, butt & hamstrings (1 rep would be 25)

Combo: Pick any 3 of the above exercises and do 1 rep of each

Food

7 points + 3 Bonus Points for a total of 10 points possible

Achieving each day's goal is worth 1 point.

3 bonus points if you submit a recipe for a dinner that is low(ish) calorie and low(ish) sodium that can be made quickly for those nights when we don't have a a lot of time to spend worrying about or cooking dinner. No votes on this one, just a recipe submission :)

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs

Thursday: Stay under on Fat

Friday: Stay under on Calories

Saturday: Meet or Exceed your Protein requirement

Sunday: Stay under on Sodium

Monday: Meet or Exceed your Calcium requirement

Tuesday: Stay under on Carbs

Emotional
This is fom bella_babe86 (Ashley)

1pt

Its been a few months since all of us started this journey together, first on the 60 day challenge and now as motivated mommas, how do you feel you have changed personally? Not just in weight loss but how has your outlook on life changed? Are you happier? More self-assured?? Have people noticed these changes?

***Remember to post your week 5 weights on the week 5 thread as well as on the spreadsheet found here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Happy Wednesday all! :happy:

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Looks like another great challenge, thanks ladies!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Nice challenge...
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this week's challenge. I need to get some more walking in, so I love that this pushes me to do it, even when I really don't want to. Also, I can't wait to get some more recipes for dinners. My family is getting kinda bored of the same old stuff over and over again (it doesn't bother me, but I know my DH would like some new stuff).
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Love this weeks challenge, I always enjoy when we get to share recipes and since I just found this one recently I thought why not!!! Im not sure about the nutritional values but its a good looking well rounded meal, and its meat-free. However im sure you could throw in some chicken or beef if you wanted to!

This recipe makes one large tortilla stack, which might serve one hungry eater or two kids. Multiply the amounts as needed for more servings. You can also use small tortillas and have each person make his/her own.
    I like to top these with low fat sour cream.

Preheat oven to 400F/200C.

1 cup/250 mL medium salsa

1/2 cup/125 mL water

1 can (5.5 oz/156 mL) tomato paste

1 can (15 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained

1 can (12 oz/341 mL) corn, drained

1/2 cup/125 mL fresh cilantro leaves

2 cups/500 mL Monteray Jack cheese, grated (use far free or 2% cheese)

4 soft small whole grain tortillas

In a bowl, combine the salsa, water and tomato paste.

In another bowl, combine the beans, corn and cilantro.

Place a tortilla on a greased baking sheet.
    Top with 1/3 of the salsa mixture, 1/3 of the bean mixture, and 1/4 of the cheese.
    Top with another tortilla and repeat as above.
    Repeat. (Another tortilla, etc.)
    End with the last tortilla.

Top with the remaining cheese.

Bake until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted (about 10-12 minutes).
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options

Part 1- Time for walking..My goal for the week is 15 miles. Today I accomplished 1.75 miles/15 miles.

Part 2- Interval training...0/3 points

Part 3- Logging the details in the spreadsheet for 4 days...1/4 points

Strength
    7 points total

You can pick any day/any order to do the below exercises. You get 1 point per exercise completed.

Flamingo Dips: 2 sets of 15 reps per leg to target triceps & quads(http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/47040717/flamingo-dip.htm)

(http://www.livestrong.com/article/111663-plank-abdominal-strengthening-exercises)

Crunches: 100 to target abs (1 rep would be 25)...1/1 point

Food

3 bonus points if you submit a recipe for a dinner that is low(ish) calorie and low(ish) sodium that can be made quickly for those nights when we don't have a a lot of time to spend worrying about or cooking dinner. No votes on this one, just a recipe submission :)

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs...1/1 point

Emotional

1pt

Its been a few months since all of us started this journey together, first on the 60 day challenge and now as motivated mommas, how do you feel you have changed personally? Not just in weight loss but how has your outlook on life changed? Are you happier? More self-assured?? Have people noticed these changes?

Wednesday Points Total: 3 points
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

I have to go slow this week as my knee has not recovered yet, but do not want to leave the challenge. So I have go slow.. My goal is 8 miles for this week, looking to cover approx 1 mile daily.. Strength, I will try and do few of them, may not be able to do all of them. I finding it difficult when folding my leg, knee joint hurts.. Is anyone aware of any exercises to relieve this pain?

Will do only bit of stretching in the mornings and some walking.. No other exercise for this week.. My hubby didnt want me to do the walking as well, but I do not want to go back to the same routine of couch potato (I know I may not have lost so much of weight, but i hit the healthy range and do not want to follow the old routine)
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Ladies,

I have to go slow this week as my knee has not recovered yet, but do not want to leave the challenge. So I have go slow.. My goal is 8 miles for this week, looking to cover approx 1 mile daily.. Strength, I will try and do few of them, may not be able to do all of them. I finding it difficult when folding my leg, knee joint hurts.. Is anyone aware of any exercises to relieve this pain?

Will do only bit of stretching in the mornings and some walking.. No other exercise for this week.. My hubby didnt want me to do the walking as well, but I do not want to go back to the same routine of couch potato (I know I may not have lost so much of weight, but i hit the healthy range and do not want to follow the old routine)

Do you go to a gym? Maybe they have a pool you could walk laps around the pool? Not as much impact on your knees but still burning the calories.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am so spent, stressed, and over the top overwhelmed ... I will be MIA until Sat., in order to mediate some of the issues at hand... sorry guys- but I just have to be honest with what I have at the moment.

My plan is to follow the Challenge this week- I will have access to my mobile MFP app (i.e. logging food/ exercise, checking in on my status) but I will not be able to log on the spreadsheet or access the Week 6 message thread. I will report/ log/ etc. when I get back on Sat.

Take care everyone; hit it hard this week!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Cardio:

Part 1- My goal is 10 miles this week. 0/5pt
    Miles Completed so far - 1 mile

Part 2- Interval training. 0/3pt

Part 3- Logging 1/4

Strength

Food

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs

Emotional 0/1pt

1 pt and 1 mile today
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Take care of yourself! Definitly stick to low impact, mild movements. I admire your determination to keep going and not lose focus! You rock Renu! :flowerforyou:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I am so spent, stressed, and over the top overwhelmed ... I will be MIA until Sat., in order to mediate some of the issues at hand... sorry guys- but I just have to be honest with what I have at the moment.

My plan is to follow the Challenge this week- I will have access to my mobile MFP app (i.e. logging food/ exercise, checking in on my status) but I will not be able to log on the spreadsheet or access the Week 6 message thread. I will report/ log/ etc. when I get back on Sat.

Take care everyone; hit it hard this week!!

Sorry you are having a tough time. Have faith that this too will pass. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending well wishes your way my dear :flowerforyou:
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

Do you go to a gym? Maybe they have a pool you could walk laps around the pool? Not as much impact on your knees but still burning the calories.

Yes I do go to a gym and pool as well
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Points for yesterday, sorry for flaking ladies I got a migraine and just all over dissapointed in what I saw on the scale yesterday. I was a little bit of a wreck and ended up not working out. Today is a new day and I'm ready to get it together and lose the extra weight that I have put on recently. My goal for the next few weeks is to get to 132 by Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed!!!:heart:

Cardio:

Part 1- My goal is 15 miles this week. 0/5pt (0/15 completed)

Part 2- Interval training. 0/3pt

Part 3- Logging 0/4

Strength

Food

I posted a recipe yesterday(3pts)

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs(done)

Emotional 0/1pt

Wednesdays points-3 for posting recipe, 1 pt for staying under carbs!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hey gals!

I just wanted to post an update on the situation with Baby Madeline that I mentioned on the Week 5 thread. She is doing much better and was released from the hospital yesterday after the fever breaking a few days ago and now gaining back some of the weight she had lost throughout her stay. They still don't know what caused the sudden onset of fever (although they attribute the inability to eat as a side effect of the fever). Both mom and baby are at happy to be home. Thanks to all for sending mental well-wishes to the family in their time of need. I know that Mom and Dad both felt a huge outpouring of suuport from their friends, family and communicty at large so thank you all for being a part of that.

Lynda
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Hey gals!

I just wanted to post an update on the situation with Baby Madeline that I mentioned on the Week 5 thread. She is doing much better and was released from the hospital yesterday after the fever breaking a few days ago and now gaining back some of the weight she had lost throughout her stay. They still don't know what caused the sudden onset of fever (although they attribute the inability to eat as a side effect of the fever). Both mom and baby are at happy to be home. Thanks to all for sending mental well-wishes to the family in their time of need. I know that Mom and Dad both felt a huge outpouring of suuport from their friends, family and communicty at large so thank you all for being a part of that.

Lynda

It just breaks my heart anytime I hear about little ones being sick, and I've been praying for her and her family ever since you told us what was going on! Im so happy to hear that she is doing better!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Ok points for today, look quite a bit better then yesterday! Im happy to report that the ugly gain I had this week has finally vanished, I am back down to 236.9 and I worked super hard today to keep it there, or get it under! I woke up and just smiled today because I knew today would be better, and I will continue fighting. My wonderful Wii kinda got me in a funk when it told me a healthy weight for me would be 136.9 errrm :noway: so instead of thinking I only had 60lbs to go really I need to drop 100...I think I'll stick to shooting for another 20 lbs for right now...BABY STEPS!!!

Cardio:

Part 1- My goal is 15 miles this week. 0/5pt (5/15 completed)

Part 2- Interval training. 1/3pt

Part 3- Logging 1/4

Strength

Squats: 100 to target thighs, hips, butt & hamstrings (1 rep would be 25) (done)

Food

I posted a recipe yesterday(3pts)

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs(done)

Thursday: Stay under on Fat(done, I already calculated my meals for today)

Emotional 1/1pt

Thursday-4 pts today for logging, intervals, food and emotional...its down there.

Emotional Challenge- First off let me start by saying that I got REALLY good at putting a smile on my face and letting people think I was happy with myself in everyway, when in reality I HATED myself. I didnt like the way I felt, looked, or lived. Now that that is out of the way let me also say that I am in no way fixed, I still get very down on myself about every little thing. I feel like I can be a great supporter but I dont feel like Im doing as well as I could be. On a lighter note since starting to work out and eat better the way I feel has really changed, I have more energy and I just FEEL better. Im still not real happy with how I look but Im sure I will get there eventually. Its a wonderful thing to have a support system and having people in my life that are proud of what I am doing makes me proud of myself. After many many years of hating myself...I really am starting to love me!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options

Part 1- Time for walking..My goal for the week is 15 miles. Today I accomplished 2.5 miles, for a total of 4.25 miles/15 miles.

Part 2- Interval training...1/3 points

Part 3- Logging the details in the spreadsheet for 4 days...2/4 points

Strength
    7 points total

Crunches: 100 to target abs (1 rep would be 25)...1/1 point

Combo: Pick any 3 of the above exercises and do 1 rep of each...1/1 point

Food

Wednesday: Stay under on Carbs...1/1 point

Thursday: Stay under on Fat...1/1 point

Emotional

1pt

Thursday Points Total: 4 points
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Hey gals!

Lynda

I am so glad that the baby is better..:flowerforyou: