MFP Potluck...

Replies

• Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    A carafe of my home brewed green tea, high in antioxidents and long on flavor. We will need something to wash down all these nitritious and delicious eats!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Chili and beer!

Turkey chili and Mich Ultra right???
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    These Mini-Lasagna's, which I make all the time now, and I stole from the thread originally posted by sheila0321. The thread is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347220-cupcake-lasagna-low-calorie?hl=cupcake+lasagna

But I'll save you the time... here's the recipe!

24 Wonton Wrappers
    1 3/4 c. Jimmy Dean Precooked Turkey Sausage
    1 cup Pasta Sauce
    1/2 c Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
    1 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
    Non Stick Spray
    Muffin Tin

Spray Muffin tin with non-stick spray. Layer one won ton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin hole. Then add some sauce to each wonton wrapper, then add some Ricotta cheese, Turkey Sausage and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Start second layer wonton wrapper, sauce, ricotta cheese, turkey sausage, top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375` for 25 mins. They will pop right out of the tin. I calculated them to be per cupcake: 135 cals 5.76 fat 12.6 carbs 1 fiber 10.4 protein.

My family loves them. I made some last night with and served it with some oven-roasted broccoli, and a toasted, crusty bread baguette. The prep time is like 10-15 mins.

Enjoy!

P.S. - I haven't done this yet, but I plan to make them again with a Mexican twist, using salsa, Mexican cheeses, and taco-seasoned ground beef or ground turkey, black olives, and hot sauce/jalapenos in the ones I make for the Hubs!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Not to be a downer, but I can't bring myself to eat potluck food. Dept of Health doesn't check kitchens.

...and before you get the pitchforks and torches out, this is a true story.

My mother was a consummate hostess. She threw company parties all the time. One time she was tasked with making potato salad for a company picnic. She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

Umm yeah. Saw it with my own eyes.
  • skinnywithin
    washcloth...

LISTEN...Just leave the washcloth at home I will wipe you off with my napkin !!!!!!!!!!! or something :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Banana cream protein pie (actual recipe I invented based off a picture I saw on another website).

Yeah... c'mon with the jokes. LOL! :laugh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    liquor.

Tanqueray
    Absolut
    Jack Daniels
    Captain Morgan
    Bacardi
    Jose Cuervo

the poor man's bar. :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    washcloth...

You can just leave that at home...

Agreed :bigsmile:

I concur - motion passed! :drinker:

I'll bring my spicy guacamole! :heart:
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    washcloth...

LISTEN...Just leave the washcloth at home I will wipe you off with my napkin !!!!!!!!!!! or something :)

This.
  • skinnywithin
    Not to be a downer, but I can't bring myself to eat potluck food. Dept of Health doesn't check kitchens.

My mother was a consummate hostess. She threw company parties all the time. One time she was tasked with making potato salad for a company picnic. She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

OMG not the same sink where she once bathed you as a child?
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member

EEEEWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just threw up in my mouth a little...
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    I'll bring my bad *kitten* peanut butter pretzels dipped in chocolate.
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Baked Salmon with Apple Cinnamon Chutney
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member

I think you just killed potato salad for me for the rest of my life :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Chips and salsa, it's what guys bring to potlucks all the time.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member
    She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

That is not uncommon for that generation.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member

I have an issue with potlucks too! I try to pay attention to who brought what, so I know what food to avoid.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    yummy tacos el carbon
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member

OMG not the same sink where she once bathed you as a child?
    Baby butt potato salad.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    liquor.

Tanqueray
    Absolut
    Jack Daniels
    Captain Morgan
    Bacardi
    Jose Cuervo

the poor man's bar. :)

Thank goodness for you!