• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    washcloth...

LOL hmmmmm
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I would bring in the pork - Puerto Rican style - the pig roasting over the pit deal with all the Puerto Rican seasonings...I'd post a picture but people are super sensitive, so I'd bring the pork. Way I make it the pork LITERALLY is dripping off the bone.

That and my classic Hurricane. Recipe calls for a cup of rum...I put A WHOLE BOTTLE in it and then put it in a large container :drinker:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer, but I can't bring myself to eat potluck food. Dept of Health doesn't check kitchens.

...and before you get the pitchforks and torches out, this is a true story.

My mother was a consummate hostess. She threw company parties all the time. One time she was tasked with making potato salad for a company picnic. She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

Umm yeah. Saw it with my own eyes.

so, if she cleaned it first who cares!
    I doubt it was run through a dish washer or cleaned with diluted bleach. I am sure it was wiped down. All I am saying is, the Dept of Health has standards. Some people taking shortcuts might be horrifying. I mean, if you look at their desk and wonder if the next plague will originate from it, imagine what their kitchen looks like.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Coquito!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer, but I can't bring myself to eat potluck food. Dept of Health doesn't check kitchens.

...and before you get the pitchforks and torches out, this is a true story.

My mother was a consummate hostess. She threw company parties all the time. One time she was tasked with making potato salad for a company picnic. She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

Umm yeah. Saw it with my own eyes.

so, if she cleaned it first who cares!
    I doubt it was run through a dish washer or cleaned with diluted bleach. I am sure it was wiped down. All I am saying is, the Dept of Health has standards. Some people taking shortcuts might be horrifying. I mean, if you look at their desk and wonder if the next plague will originate from it, imagine what their kitchen looks like.

Well you ate out of her kitchen for much of your life, and you don't seem to be sick. Unless that is an actual pic of you in your profile... scary! :huh:
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Coquito!!!!! :bigsmile:

OH YEAH +10000000000!!!!!! My grandfather used to "age" his 4 months before serving at Christmas. God I miss that stuff.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So no one is interested in banana cream protein pie??

Should I bring something else?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Well you ate out of her kitchen for much of your life, and you don't seem to be sick. Unless that is an actual pic of you in your profile... scary! :huh:
    You know how many cases of slight food poisoning go undiagnosed from company picnics? People just write it off as not feeling well.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa, it's what guys bring to potlucks all the time.

and i'll make queso to go along with that.. easy peasy.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    roasted red potatoes, and veggies ( red and yellow pepper, onion,mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash ) YUMMY
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You know how many cases of slight food poisoning go undiagnosed from company picnics? People just write it off as not feeling well.

Illness is important to build a strong immune system
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Well Iamfit, since you have me thinking about gyros, that is what I am going to bring.

So everyone better have a kick *kitten* burn before the party to have enough calories. :bigsmile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    liquor.

Tanqueray
    Absolut
    Jack Daniels
    Captain Morgan
    Bacardi
    Jose Cuervo

the poor man's bar. :)

Oh my! I might need a taxi to get home.:drinker:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    I would bring in the pork - Puerto Rican style - the pig roasting over the pit deal with all the Puerto Rican seasonings...I'd post a picture but people are super sensitive, so I'd bring the pork. Way I make it the pork LITERALLY is dripping off the bone.

That and my classic Hurricane. Recipe calls for a cup of rum...I put A WHOLE BOTTLE in it and then put it in a large container :drinker:

Please share the Hurricane recipe!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Well Iamfit, since you have me thinking about gyros, that is what I am going to bring.

So everyone better have a kick *kitten* burn before the party to have enough calories. :bigsmile:

Whew! Re-read and am very relieved you're not bringing gynos! :drinker:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Ok...I'll make a big pot of my Italian soup! Yummy, loaded with veggies and almost guilt free!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    She didn't have a bowl large enough...so she made it in the kitchen sink.

That is not uncommon for that generation.

Exactly. I'm sure she cleaned the sink first.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    A lot of vodka...
    And I will bring a low calorie mixer! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing a fruit tray. That's what I usually bring for church potlucks. :smile: