LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    move out
    <i laughed out fecking loud here>
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    sorry

I'm failing to see where your mother did wrong here.

Move if it bothers you.

This whole "move if it bothers you" thing is annoying. Easier said than done, my friend. Moving costs $ that many people don't have to spend, no matter how hard they work or how many jobs they have.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    I HATE THAT.

Similar, but my mom is completely addicted to any form of computer (laptop, phone, that book reading thing). However, no matter how stupid whatever she is doing on it... don't try to talk to her because not only is she going deaf at her old age (sike, she's only 54 but she does wear hearing aids) she does not pay attention to anyone or anything. Even if she initiates the conversation, make it as short as possible b/c she won't be listening for long.
    Then she complains because you don't spend time with her... O.o

I always ask my mom to go on walks with me or to hang out and she ALWAYS turns me down, she complains about gaining weight so I ask her to go on walks and I am always turned down lol. I want to spend as much time with my mom and dad as possible but all they want to do is watch t.v. and I really don't want to stare at a screen all night... I understand they are tired so that is why I ask them on weekends and still get turned down. Lol
  • Moofey
    Options
    sorry

Move if it bothers you.

This whole "move if it bothers you" thing is annoying. Easier said than done, my friend. Moving costs $ that many people don't have to spend, no matter how hard they work or how many jobs they have.

Yupp, my hospital bills got me!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    sorry

Move if it bothers you.

then don't complain over little things? If mom is giving you a place to stay instead making you move and falling on your *kitten* then I don't see the point of complaining about little things.

My dad leaves the sound on when he texts the little boop boop boop on the number pad. I might tease him about it sometime but im not going to have a disrespectful rant on the internet about it. I just go about my life like always. Couldn't imagine moving back in with him and then getting all worked up about something so silly. After all parents do for you. Just my opinion.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Hey, we all complain about some family member related to us right? I am also sure at my age some of you complained about your mom.

We also get annoyed at little things sometimes, I would share the other reasons I cannot afford to move out but they are a bit to personal. So please don't just assume I am some brat.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Hey, we all complain about some family member related to us right? I am also sure at my age some of you complained about your mom.

We also get annoyed at little things sometimes, I would share the other reasons I cannot afford to move out but they are a bit to personal. So please don't just assume I am some brat.

Nope. At your age I had been financially independent for 3 years. I worked my way through college and paid for it with cash. I had the sense to have medical insurance and, of course, could not afford a car. At your age I was grateful for when my mom would come visit me in my house and make me dinner or throw a load of wash in the washing machine for me.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Dear Moofey,

I realize the sound of my keys on my iPod bothers you. It's MY house. You're 21 years old, so feel free to move out. Our doors are always open, and you're welcome to stay until you finish college, but shut up about what annoys you in MY house.

K? Thanks.

Mom

ahahahaha! Sorry, but I HAD to laugh. I mean. 21. Enough said.....
  • Moofey
    Options
    People need to stop taking my posts so personally....
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Dear Mom,

I love you and I understand that I live in your house and respect you completely.

Dear lord people, I don't see where Moofey stated she was ungrateful and hated her mom?

Calm your nuts down, I hate clicky noises too. It's okay to vent about things that annoy you, in fact it's a healthy alternative to holding it all in and letting it fester. :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    sorry

Move if it bothers you.

Oh, we know it cost money to move out, sweetie. That's why we parents allow our kids to stay or return only long enough to get on their own feet. That's fine. But, while I'm allowing you to stay in my house when you're 21, suck it up if anything I do bothers you.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My mother passed away 2 years ago this past June. We didn't always get along, BUT, not a day goes by that I don't MISS her so much. Be thankful that she's still here to annoy the SH%^ out of you!!

^^^ THIS... only my mother has been gone since 1994. She died when I was 29. What I wouldn't give to get in an argument with her right now! ;o)
  • Moofey
    Options
    My medical insurance only covered part of what I needed done...
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    sorry

Move if it bothers you.

Oh, we know it cost money to move out, sweetie. That's why we parents allow our kids to stay or return only long enough to get on their own feet. That's fine. But, while I'm allowing you to stay in my house when you're 21, suck it up if anything I do bothers you.

You're nicer than my parents. Once we were out, that was IT. Tough love is what they like to call it. I have a great deal of respect for them for it, too.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Let me post something I wrote again...

I always ask my mom to go on walks with me or to hang out and she ALWAYS turns me down, she complains about gaining weight so I ask her to go on walks and I am always turned down lol. I want to spend as much time with my mom and dad as possible but all they want to do is watch t.v. and I really don't want to stare at a screen all night... I understand they are tired so that is why I ask them on weekends and still get turned down. Lol

I honestly wish she would spend more time with me.

I wish my mom would spend more time with me
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    This would have gotten a more positive response if you'd blogged. Your friends care that your mom annoys you. The entire forum? Not so much.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Yes everyones family members do things that annoy them ..... most people are just grown-up enough about it to suck it up and deal and not rant on MFP ..... I mean really this is after-all a site for losing weight/getting healthy ... not b*tching and moaning ..... there's Facebook for that :wink:
  • Moofey
    Options
    Sorry...
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Let me post something I wrote again...

I honestly wish she would spend more time with me.

I wish my mom would spend more time with me

then talk to your mom about wanting to spend time with her? I don't think she'll figure that out by you complaining about her on MFP............
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Nope. At your age I had been financially independent for 3 years. I worked my way through college and paid for it with cash. I had the sense to have medical insurance and, of course, could not afford a car. At your age I was grateful for when my mom would come visit me in my house and make me dinner or throw a load of wash in the washing machine for me.

Sounds about right. I'm 19 and live on my own too. I only took put $500 in loans for the semester out of the $9,000 I owed. Worked all summer saving up not for new clothes or such. I saved up because I knew I needed to pay rent, school fees, and bills. I don't have a car. I walk or take the bus everywhere I go until I can afford one.

I get homesick quite often too. I miss the little things my dad would do for me. I sure wouldn't be ranting about something silly :/ Maybe when I was little i might for silly little things. But turning 20 soon and I know better now.

We are all just telling you to appreciate, no need to get worked up about something like that. They love you :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.