Juniors vs Ladies Sizing???

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried on any jrs sizes, assuming they'd be too small. Hmmm.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes the juniors section (or store) is just smaller sizes and they make them small (not vanity sized).

Or they size them in odd numbers.

Women's sizes:
    00,0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.....
    Juniors sizes:
    0, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13.... (and they are smaller than women's sizes).

Some petite sizes are made smaller than non-petite sizes as well.

And then if you are small, you can sometimes wear children's large sizes (if it is a type of clothing that doesn't need to fit your curves) and that would be a high number.

Also, not all juniors sizes are made without curves because teenagers have curves too. But, it depends. A lot of clothing is not made to fit curves, and going to a tailor can help with that. I have a 23 inch waist and 34 inch booty/hips, so often need to get the waist taken in.

How much does it usually cost when you have your jeans tailored? I've never done it, but I'm starting to get fed up with jeans in general.

Also, this is quite the necro'd post... I got excited seeing Lorina posting, only to then look at the date!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes the juniors section (or store) is just smaller sizes and they make them small (not vanity sized).

Or they size them in odd numbers.

Women's sizes:
    00,0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.....
    Juniors sizes:
    0, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13.... (and they are smaller than women's sizes).

Some petite sizes are made smaller than non-petite sizes as well.

And then if you are small, you can sometimes wear children's large sizes (if it is a type of clothing that doesn't need to fit your curves) and that would be a high number.

Also, not all juniors sizes are made without curves because teenagers have curves too. But, it depends. A lot of clothing is not made to fit curves, and going to a tailor can help with that. I have a 23 inch waist and 34 inch booty/hips, so often need to get the waist taken in.

How much does it usually cost when you have your jeans tailored? I've never done it, but I'm starting to get fed up with jeans in general.

Also, this is quite the necro'd post... I got excited seeing Lorina posting, only to then look at the date!

Yeah, I did notice it was necro'd, but replied anyway.

I can't remember how much it costs. But, I remember it doesn't cost that much if you just need to get it taken in at the back. I think it is pretty affordable and worth it. Some things are easier to tailor than other things. Sometimes I want to get the waist tailored on my shirts, but I don't really know if that works well or what it costs. It's worth it for pants you will wear a lot or for a long time.