any NONRUDE ideas?

Options
*disclaimer*
do not be rude.
do not be a meany.
Do not call me stupid.
Do not say i have a disease or disorder because i dont.
Do not be rude.

today i exercised 800 calories off. and i wasnt hungery at all and i shoved down my throat around 650 calories... 643 to be exact. now it says i am in the negatives but im just not hungry and frankly feel bloated for some reason. how cani prevent this from happening in the future?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you know you are going to exercise later, eat more, earlier... :)
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? Whole milk is a great way to get extra calories in.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Eat foods with greater calorie density.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it's a one time thing and you don't want to eat more, don't.

If it's something that happens regularly, my answer will fall under your list of "don'ts."
  • dannylives
    Options
    Maybe eat peanut butter, raisins, honey, something small but high in calories, i dont know what is really.
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    You only ate a total of 643 calories today before exercise?
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    If you know you are going to exercise later, eat more, earlier... :)

This. and what kinds of foods did you eat? (I just saw someone post this, but I second it also)

Rather than low calorie foods with a lot of volume, eat high calorie foods with lower volume. Normally the opposite of trying to lose weight, but since you are feeling bloated on <700 cals that is an idea.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    justinsnutbutter.com
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    You only ate a total of 643 calories today before exercise?

no i had ntohing before exercising. i ate 643 after exercising.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Can you drink a protein shake of some sort to help out? Like others suggested some nuts, peanut butter or almond butter (Even better) to boost those good fats, some whole grains or oats..... :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    either exercise earlier in the day, or eat more during the day even if it puts you in the red until you add your exercise. i had to start doing that when i started walking more and doing 30ds - id end up with 700-1100 calorie burn days and had stayed in the green all day then exercised at night and had to worry about trying to stuff myself even if i wasnt hungry. also eating too close to bedtime makes it hard for me to sleep, so id not eat because of that sometimes.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Eat nuts.

This works on so many levels. It could be a dietary suggestion, or an insult.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Think about healthy foods that you like and find easy to eat and enter all your meals/snacks for tomorrow - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks so you meet your net calorie goal.

Then, don't stop to think if you are hungry or not, just eat the meal you have planned. If you break the day up into little meals than you don't have to feel like you are stuffing yourself each time.

You know that you aren't doing your body any favours by eating so little - not that its going to be a problem for one day but in the long term you just won't have enough energy to keep going and stay healthy.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    cheese
  • marinewifemeg
    Options
    *disclaimer*
    do not be rude.
    do not be a meany.
    Do not call me stupid.
    Do not say i have a disease or disorder because i dont.
    Do not be rude.

today i exercised 800 calories off. and i wasnt hungery at all and i shoved down my throat around 650 calories... 643 to be exact. now it says i am in the negatives but im just not hungry and frankly feel bloated for some reason. how cani prevent this from happening in the future?

Although I don't have this big of a deficit, I find that if I do a big workout later in the day rather than in the morning I'm not usually as hungry at dinner. However, if you are anything like me you will wake up HUNGRY for breakfast. Next time just plan to have a higher calorie breakfast, and lunch. You definately don't want to make this a habbit because your body will start to eat your muscle instead of your fat and then you'll just be a flabby beanpole. :) Good Luck!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    have you thought about adding a protein shake or two throughout the day?
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    have you thought about adding a protein shake or two throughout the day?

i have never had a protein shake in my life and wouldnt know where to start if i wanted one.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts.

The OP requested no one be rude. I am sure it wasn't meant as an insult..
  • marinewifemeg
    Options
    Eat nuts.

ROTF!!!