From 250+ to well...still getting there!

Options

Replies

• gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Looking amazing. Well done !
  • peter821
    peter821 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Progress thus Far! Keep doing what your doing!
  • diam0nddagger
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    AWESOME!!! How did you tone the skin? I'm scared about that part.

I did cardio HIIT and then on alternating days I do strength training. Right now I am trying out the 30 day shred video, hoping to get to my goal! :) I can't speak highly enough about weight training!! And of couse eating right/enough! :)

I'm glad you answered this question! I didn't want to ask and offend anyone. I am going to work on the 20 day shred too! Just bought it today!!

Did you weight train from the get go or not until after you lost a substantial amount of weight?

Nope...I don't offend easily lol. I did do weight training from the beginning. The HIIT program I used was from the body for life program. It's only 20 minutes....because I hate cardio. I wish I could love it and get into running, but I just can't. I rather be lifting weights lol :)
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    TRULY A-MAZ-ING, well done honey! I am so jealous of your tummy!! :wink:
  • pegmet
    pegmet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I also HATE cardio, but love weights! I'm just starting on the is journey and have about 130lbs to lose. I'd love to hear more about your workout routine. Thanks!
  • blythemama
    blythemama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Your numbers are really similar to mine (starting out at least), and you are such an inspiration! Great job!
  • Heather1604
    Heather1604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I feel you about the WW points plus, I couldnt get into it either.
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look great...congrats!!!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you are an amazing inspiration! Great job!!!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I love weight lifting, but it's hard for me to give up cardio for it. You hear all the time that both are better, but I can't make myself not do cardio every day in fear that I may not lose without doing it everyday.

What was your strategy? Three days cardio two weight lifting?
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I stopped losing when I switched over. On the old plan I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was within my means. When they went to the new one I had to always eat healthy to lose. Now, not to say I ate horribly all the time, but I couldn't do it ever on WW+
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    simply amazing!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you look great! my pre pregnancy weight was 157 and i can't wait to get there :D
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look fantastic...you are an Inspiration :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Wow - I think you look amazing already. We all have the moments where we just wake up and say something needs to change. I remember that moment for me last Sept - nothing special happened but I knew something needed to change. Well, here I am a little over a year later and 56 lbs down - it is an amazing feeling. keep up the good work.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Hot!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Congratulations!! You are a star! You look incredible.:flowerforyou:
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Wow - I think you look amazing already. We all have the moments where we just wake up and say something needs to change. I remember that moment for me last Sept - nothing special happened but I knew something needed to change. Well, here I am a little over a year later and 56 lbs down - it is an amazing feeling. keep up the good work.

Thank you! And congrats on your awesome success!! Doesn't it feel great?!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I stopped losing when I switched over. On the old plan I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was within my means. When they went to the new one I had to always eat healthy to lose. Now, not to say I ate horribly all the time, but I couldn't do it ever on WW+

I agree...same here....so could I and I ran into the same issue. I found that things that were still relativly healthy, but not a fruit or veggie were higher in points! Ugh! It just threw me off of my routine is what happened pretty much. I typically worked out 5-6 days a week, and alternating cardio and weights. I also tried to do upper body versus lower body weights on different days. HIIT is alot more effective (from what I have read up on it) than longer steady state cardio. Personally, I think everyone has to find what works from them. Me, I just can't get on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes...I get so bored...even standing infront of a TV on it! lol My sister...she can get on it for 60 minutes straight. I give kudos to anyone who can. Sometimes I think we get something engrained into our brains and think thats the only way we can loose. For example I know for the longest women in general would hear that lifting weights would make them bulky....just doesn't happen easily for most women like that. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!