Mio Liquid water enhancer

Options
what are your thoughts on the Mio liquid water enhancer? I bought one at my college because I got desperate for something sweet to drink but didn't want the loads of sugar or the extra calories. It has 0 calories and no sugar but I'm not sure how healthy it is? What are your thoughts? Do you like it or no?

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have high doubts on anything that says its 0 calories, yet flavours your drink. Take a look at what is in it to decided if its "healthy" chances are it isn't but we all choose things daily that isnt considered "healthy" per say. It probably does have Suralose in it, which is a fake kind of sugar that is used in low fat sweeteners. Research the ingredients and decide for yourself if you want to ingest it. Good luck =)
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweetener, artificial color, artificial flavor - why would ANYone want to use it?
  • lindseyawheeler
    Options
    I had the same question! I like MIO but it does have sucralose and acesulfame potassium which are both sweeteners. It just stinks because I get so sick of drinking water all day but it seems like pretty much any other drink is bad for you (sweet drinks I mean).
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I have high doubts on anything that says its 0 calories, yet flavours your drink. Take a look at what is in it to decided if its "healthy" chances are it isn't but we all choose things daily that isnt considered "healthy" per say. It probably does have Suralose in it, which is a fake kind of sugar that is used in low fat sweeteners. Research the ingredients and decide for yourself if you want to ingest it. Good luck =)

Yes, the sweetener in Mio is sucralose. I like it, but I have no problem with artificial sweeteners. I have a friend who uses it specifically because she's allergic to aspartame which is used in most water "enchancers."
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I worry about these drinks. I feel like if there is 0 everything in it, then it must be alI chemicals. I have been drinking just plain water lately. It can be hard, but at least I know what is in it. H2O.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My son brought me over 3 different bottles of it just tonight. I have had it in the past and I can only handle a small squirt, but some seriously load their water with it and make it more like a syrup.... my son.. lol. He went to the MIO opposed to soda so I am keeping my mouth shut. It has to be much better than soda, anyway. I want to look more in to the MIO and maybe use it in the near future. I think it tastes pretty good !!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I worry about these drinks. I feel like if there is 0 everything in it, then it must be alI chemicals. I have been drinking just plain water lately. It can be hard, but at least I know what is in it. H2O.

H2O???? You mean drink chemicals all day?

Seriously, the OMG! chemical! Panic is really overdone nowadays. Water is a chemical, heck, everything in your body is a chemical.
  • SHERRYnGA
    SHERRYnGA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bought the Peach Tea.... love Snapple BUT this one leaves like an after taste.... wasn't very impressed! The squirts are either too much or too little??? grrr!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My son brought me over 3 different bottles of it just tonight. I have had it in the past and I can only handle a small squirt, but some seriously load their water with it and make it more like a syrup.... my son.. lol. He went to the MIO opposed to soda so I am keeping my mouth shut. It has to be much better than soda, anyway. I want to look more in to the MIO and maybe use it in the near future. I think it tastes pretty good !!

Better than regular soda, depends how much you use. 0 calorie doesn't really mean zero calorie, it means less than 5 calories a serving, but I'm pretty sure an entire package of Mio has less calories than a regular soda. Compared to diet soda, it's the same thing.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options

H2O???? You mean drink chemicals all day?

Seriously, the OMG! chemical! Panic is really overdone nowadays. Water is a chemical, heck, everything in your body is a chemical.

Oh lawd. Reminds me of chem class.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I put Mango Peach in my unsweetened iced tea. I like the Berry Pomegranate too. I really don't see the big deal over artificial sweeteners. Mio makes my boring bottle of water taste delicious. I'm drinking water. Rejoice!
  • cbarnes0110
    Options
    Could ANYONE help me with this please!! IN DESPERATE NEED OF THIS MIO! I jus started this whole thing about a week and a half ago and I'm going to be 100% honest im not very strong when it comes to things like this! I've been doing extremly well because I would've given in already (soda and sweets) but i havnt. The whole water thing is BLOWING MY MIND!! I want flavor, and i figured since mio has 0 calories i would b doing good for myself? HELP?

HOW MANY SQUIRTS?
    WHATS TOO MUCH?
    WHATS NOT ENOUGH?
    SHOULD I EVEN TRY IT?
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Could ANYONE help me with this please!! IN DESPERATE NEED OF THIS MIO! I jus started this whole thing about a week and a half ago and I'm going to be 100% honest im not very strong when it comes to things like this! I've been doing extremly well because I would've given in already (soda and sweets) but i havnt. The whole water thing is BLOWING MY MIND!! I want flavor, and i figured since mio has 0 calories i would b doing good for myself? HELP?

HOW MANY SQUIRTS?
    WHATS TOO MUCH?
    WHATS NOT ENOUGH?
    SHOULD I EVEN TRY IT?

I think most people that use the MIO, use it to their taste. I don't think there is a particular # of squirts. Use it to your taste. Try one squirt, if that is too weak for you try some more. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as it gets you to drink water.
  • thedietpilot
    thedietpilot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MIO is a great way to overcome the boredom that sets in quickly with drinking plain water, in order to help you reach your daily water intake goal.

Plus whatever is in it, in my experience, it seems to send some kind of signal to the brain that immediately quells your hunger. Because I don't feel hungry afterwards, and my temptation to snack on something is subdued - at least for a while.

So whenever I need a quick fix to overcome my hunger and I'm not really in the mood to eat / don't have time to eat, and I'm just too bored with drinking regular water, I always reach for a MIO.

Not sure what's in it or how healthy it is. I'm guessing that it's got to be better than drinking 0-calorie diet sodas!

I just limit myself to at most one or two cups of MIO water per day.

And I usually use a generous quantity per drink. (I guess it depends on your personal taste - how much flavor you want in it.)
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Dont listen to the hippies... I drink a gallon or two a day of water with the help of mio, its great yes it is an artificial sweetner but it will honestly do no damage unless your pounding 3 of those little bottles into your mouth daily so dont worry.. Crystal lite also helps to get your water intake down
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I like it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's not really "good" for you, but if you have a craving for something sweet I say it's okay. I have some myself. To me it would be worse to drink a soda when it comes to reaching my weight goals. You can also make your own flavored water with fruits and vegetables. I do that sometimes.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Crystal lite also has this stuff now, in different flavors than the MIO. They say 2 ml (half a teaspoon) is a normal serving but it depends on how much flavour you want.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love it and nearly anytime I drink water it has mio in it, and a lot of it. Haha. I wish it didn't have food colouring in it cause I feel like a kid after a juice box my tongue is so colorful! Maybe it's bad for me, but so is 90% of this world.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Mio but I love the new Crystal lite "mocktails" The Mojito flavor is so yummy!!!