Mio Liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• paulinegrant01
    paulinegrant01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MMMMM so good with some spiced rum in there! Cant wait TGIF!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its 0 calories per 'serving' but each 'serving' is very small, and believe they can legally round down. So there are calories, though not a huge #, and I'm sure I typically use more than 1 serving at a time. I use these or Crystal LIght type flavor packets 2-3 times a day. Figure the Mio is probably 5-10 calories for the amount I use - but have not found anything to tell the total calories of the bottle. (1 serving is I think 1/24 of the bottle.)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    A little quick research. If something has less than .5g per serving, the label can claim 0. So there is less than .5g of ANYTHING in each serving of Mio. Its fairly safe to say there is no fat or protein - so if anything, there is a little carb content. At most .49g x 24 servings x 4 cal per g = 47 calories for the entire bottle. (But that is the most possible, could be less.)

I typically have 1 Mio or off-brand bottle to last thru 6-8 16 oz bottles of water...
  • csy108
    csy108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love the commercials but, my two cents: if you can get used to plain water, go with it. I've transitioned from Diet Coke to just water and I've now been a month without any soda. It was tough at first but it's easier every day.

Other than not spending money on Diet Coke, has this improved your life in any tangible way?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I still drink diet coke and crystal light so no big deal to use mio lol
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    what are your thoughts on the Mio liquid water enhancer? I bought one at my college because I got desperate for something sweet to drink but didn't want the loads of sugar or the extra calories. It has 0 calories and no sugar but I'm not sure how healthy it is? What are your thoughts? Do you like it or no?

It's not necessarily "healthy" but that doesn't mean it's bad for you either. Unless you have some sort of reaction to them, they don't DO anything, good or bad.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You know .. just cos something has chemicals in it doesn't ACTUALLY mean it's bad for you.

The all natural stuff are chemicals too

Just sayin

I mean yeah it's man made but honestly if every man made chemical in food was bad for you we would all be dead at 25. When you look at artificial colors/preservatives/sweeteners in a kind of healthy/unhealthy split. The vast vast majority of artificial chemicals are completely healthy and benign. Notable unfortunate exceptions have given them a bad rep to be sure.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I use it to make cocktails!

Water is a chemical too, people. and 100% of people who drink water die.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use Mio all the time. I pretty much only drink water the entire day so using Mio I can change up the flavor a little. Yes it has chemicals and artificial sweeteners but it gets me to drink more water and I use very small amounts in my water. The bottle says there is 24 servings in it and I get closer to 75 16oz glasses out of mine.

I've also used Mio to make cocktails on occasion. However I squirt more in for a stronger taste when making mixed drinks.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I prefer the flavors in Crystal light liquid water enhancers, but yeah, I drink them all the time. I'm still alive and kicking. And fit, haha.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have a water pitcher with an infuser in it. I throw all kinds of things in it, strawberries, citrus fruit, apples, etc. It's very low on calories as you are just getting a hint of flavor from your fruit and it's all natural.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I don't get why drinking a glass of water a day with a bit of MiO in it would be a big deal. We have livers for a reason!

If you're worried, don't put it in every glass. Just one a day. Flavour other drinks using cut strawberries and such.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I keep MIO in my desk drawer because the water at work tastes pretty nasty but I only use a couple drops in my 24oz tumbler. Thankfully I travel alot so I don't drink it that often as I think that would get boring too. I would suggest adding frozen berries or citrus fruits to your water for a flavor boost over the MIO or Crystal light as natural is always better.

For those that like the occassional glass of soda you might try seltzer water with a splash or two of your favorite MIO flavor. I've found it's pretty hard to find diet grape or strawberry soda so this is perfect on occasion.

Just remember folks, everything in moderation!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I love the commercials but, my two cents: if you can get used to plain water, go with it. I've transitioned from Diet Coke to just water and I've now been a month without any soda. It was tough at first but it's easier every day.

Other than not spending money on Diet Coke, has this improved your life in any tangible way?
    It depends: do you think drinking more/enough water is a tangible improvement?

It certainly has fewer calories than the sweet tea I was drinking every day. Is that tangible enough?
  • maidentl
    Options

It certainly has fewer calories than the sweet tea I was drinking every day. Is that tangible enough?

Water doesn't stop being water because Mio is added to it.
  • maidentl
    Options
    WalMart has a Great Value version. But be careful - I accidently bought the kind with caffeine.

I bought that kind on purpose! :laugh:
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    yes next batch I will just use one squirt for the 33 oz bottle instead of 3
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Water doesn't stop being water because Mio is added to it.
    Who said it did? In fact, I thought the clear implication was that it helped me drink more *water*.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My husband works in claims at a large grocery store and when those get shipped back to the company(expired or they ordered too many) he has to ship them back as corrosive hazardous material. Should we really be ingesting that?