10 down by Christmas (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• destanicheri
    destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in & hoping everyone is doing well, GO TEAM 8!!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Hope this week is treating you well. So far, avoiding the halloween candy and even went to a friends house for a baby shower and didn't even eat the ice cream cake! So just needing to work in the exercise but doing well so far. Have an awesome week!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It must have been really hard for all the States members with Halloween. Halloween isn't so big in Australia, so although the kiddies went trick-or-teating, it was easy not to be tempted. Hope u all had a good Halloween. I'm sooo loving this challenge. Good job everyone and......TEAM 4 rocks!!
  • premiumchilenita
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I don't think I've even introduced myself to everyone yet. So HEY!!!

I'm also looking to lose a wee bit more than 10 pounds by then but I'll be more than happy with 10. It's just so hard for me to figure out the pounds think.. Cause I work in kg's..

Anyway.. hope you're all getting on with it and KEEP IT UP!

I don't worry about it too much, I use the google converter hehe (what a cheater) I let them do the calculating for me :)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone! I haven't been too successful at the 15 mins extra walking (not directly) but I have done other things that are not my norm. Today was my Navy fitness test, I passed with an overall excellent, but a little mad at my time, but the weather was cold! :sad: So, tomorrow will be back to my normal routine! :happy:
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Since I will be working a double shift through the weekend, I thought I would log my weight today so I would get it in. Lost 4lbs this week! Yay! Go Team 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Getting through the day with small steps and knowing that if I can make it through without giving into temptation, then that is something I can go to bed and be happy about. Good luck to all tom! :)
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Back, and in full effect! Got 2 miles done this morning of walking, and gonna get another set of miles this afternoon in. Well, I hope I can lose the two pounds that I gained :(. Sorry Team 6, had to much of a good time in Atlantic City for my birthday! But gonna keep moving forward. Thought it would be more.

Let's get it done team 6
  • fitrunnermd
    Options
    Is everyone psyched for tomororw's weigh in?
  • destanicheri
    destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday so I posted today! lost 6 more pounds!! YaY!!!!! Added to my 11 last week ,I have lost 17 so far I am so so excited! GO TEAM 8!!!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday so I posted today! lost 6 more pounds!! YaY!!!!! Added to my 11 last week ,I have lost 17 so far I am so so excited! GO TEAM 8!!!

I am so proud of you!!! :flowerforyou: You deserve a lot of flowers for that :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Since I will be working a double shift through the weekend, I thought I would log my weight today so I would get it in. Lost 4lbs this week! Yay! Go Team 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Getting through the day with small steps and knowing that if I can make it through without giving into temptation, then that is something I can go to bed and be happy about. Good luck to all tom! :)

4 lbs?! You guys are kicking *kitten* Well done well done more flowers required :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    I am super excited for tm's weigh in I really am. I can't wait to see all the hard work for everyone pay off!!! You're all doing a fantastic job and my newsfeed is buzzing with success It's so inspiring. You're all diamonds!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Team 8 are turning out to be a serious force to be reckoned with !!!
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do we have a new challenge this week?

I made it, I am now in the 1s... yé me! It's been at least 2 years.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    great week everyone, i was checking out the spreadsheet and its looking really good, I am a firm believer that while it is nice to see the numbers go down, it is not the most important thing, there are many health benifits that superceed any weightloss, so as we finish week one, I wanted to ask you all what was the best thing about this week for you (not weightloss) could be anything, Just the best part of your week that has something to do with this lifestyle.

Mine was the fact that for as long as I can remember, I have had the worst heartburn and have been popping tums like its candy, i would regularly take 3 tums several times a day........this past 10 days or so......not one, I haven't even looked at my tums bottle, and at $4 a bottle, a bottle a week, thats about $200 a year in my pocket and because i plan on living forever, its the gift that keeps on giving.

so lets hear it what was your week's non-scale victory?
  • fortysixpounds
    Options

That is fantastic! Well done! Yes we do have a mini challenge, you'll get an email from your captain soon but here's the challenge

The Mini Challenge

The captains have been busy discussing this one mwahahaha We all have loads of ideas. If anybody has any more ideas please send them to your captain and we'll put em on our list

So here it is:

Your daily mini-challenge for the next 7 days in made up of 3 parts. Three small very manageable parts.
    The workout bit will take less than 10 minutes. You'll need something to time yourself with. If you don't have a watch use the timer on our phone or on your oven or on your wall clock or on your tv anything at all so long as it measures time

1) Steps.

Find some steps (in your house, outside your apt block, in the mall , in work) wherever the steps may be, you gotta walk up them for 5 minutes every day. (This is addition to whatever steps you usually walk up) Walking back down them does not count as part of the 5 minutes. Please be careful not to trip and take your time. If you need to take a minute to breathe, stop the watch and take a minute then resume. Some people may get up a 200 steps and others will manage 50 and that's fine we're all at different levels. For those who are able for it, do 10 minutes instead of 5.

Just make sure you do this ever day. 5 minutes of walking up stairs is about the same worth as 15 minutes walking 3mph.

2) jumping jacks.

Time yourselves to do 1 minute of jumping jacks everyday.

3) Water, drink 10 cups of water a day. This does not include soft drinks or tea or coffee. Water can be herbal tea, water +that fruity concentrate or plain ol water. Coffee and tea do not count as the caffeine in them actually dehydrates.
  • premiumchilenita
    Options
    So excited for this week, I already forgot my jumping jacks for today but, the only steps that I can think of around here are 30minutes away, we live in a relatively flat area but it's great because it encourages me to do all that extra walking/jogging/running or a mixture of the three :smile: so pumped for this week!!!!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    great week everyone, i was checking out the spreadsheet and its looking really good, I am a firm believer that while it is nice to see the numbers go down, it is not the most important thing, there are many health benifits that superceed any weightloss, so as we finish week one, I wanted to ask you all what was the best thing about this week for you (not weightloss) could be anything, Just the best part of your week that has something to do with this lifestyle.

Mine was the fact that for as long as I can remember, I have had the worst heartburn and have been popping tums like its candy, i would regularly take 3 tums several times a day........this past 10 days or so......not one, I haven't even looked at my tums bottle, and at $4 a bottle, a bottle a week, thats about $200 a year in my pocket and because i plan on living forever, its the gift that keeps on giving.

so lets hear it what was your week's non-scale victory?

That's wonderful

AND ACTUALLY I KNOW IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'VE SAID HERE BUT I HAVE TO SHOUT ABOUT HOW GREAT DOFD IS DOING THIS WEEK BECAUSE HE HAD AN INCREDIBLE LOSS!!!!! WOOO TEAM 1 WE ARE SMASHING THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!! :happy:

My nsv this week......hmmm..........I went for a walk last night about 3 miles and the last mile is uphill and I was delighted I kept my speed up at 4mph where normally I'd be crawling up that hill :laugh:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    So excited for this week, I already forgot my jumping jacks for today but, the only steps that I can think of around here are 30minutes away, we live in a relatively flat area but it's great because it encourages me to do all that extra walking/jogging/running or a mixture of the three :smile: so pumped for this week!!!!

A 30 minute walk to steps??? wow well you'll be dropping some serious pounds this week :smile: yay also super excited for this week :happy:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options

Congratulations! That is a great way to start the month of November! :drinker: :happy: :happy: