I just want to rant about my period.

Options
Seriously?? THREE POUNDS overnight??? I go through this every month, and every month you would think it's the first time! I also ate some frozen pizza from Trader Joe's last night, which sure didn't help with the sodium, either. Ugggh, I know it's water weight, but it's just soooo discouraging :-(

Replies

• RaeMe
    RaeMe Posts: 11
    Options
    I so know the feeling! Just remind yourself that in a few days you'll have a great miraculous drop in weight as well!
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I remember when I was at my highest weight i would gain up to ten lbs!! yes, 10 lbs!!!! now it's more like 5 but it's still a lot.. it will come off soon so don't be discouraged!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't bother weighing myself from about 3 days before mine starts til about 3 days after it ends. Why bother? You are just aggravating yourself for no reason.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Put your scale away while it that TOM, it's just not worth discouraging yourself over.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    being a women can really.. really be annoying sometimes!

Try to use this frustration to have a high intensity cardio session, then when the TOM is over- you will reap the rewards of a nice scale weightloss!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I always gain weight the week before I start my TOM; Monday I gained 3 pds...sucks BUT it'll be gone soon.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    In few days the lbs will be off again. Put that scale away!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That drop though will feel amazing!!!!
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    I don't bother weighing myself from about 3 days before mine starts til about 3 days after it ends. Why bother? You are just aggravating yourself for no reason.

Agreed!!
  • jaygee2772
    Options
    same problem here...but like I have learned not to weight myself during this time...just wait...good luck
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am just getting over mine this is the 1st one I have had since I started losing weight. I still was trying to exercise (which was hard) no energy , felt like crap, I didn't really give into the food cravings , I had a 1 cookie 2 days in a row but other then that I was good , I was wondering how long this extra water weight was going to take to come off. I did up my water in take , but that has kept me up 2 nights in a row running to the bathroom every hour ,lol
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    well at least you gave us proper warning... points for that.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But try to look on the bright side: at least your body is working properly... :smile:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    At least you realize you

1. Are going to have a period no matter what

2. Probably retain fluid

3. Crave the most horrible foods

4. Know that you will go in ***** mode

:flowerforyou: Hang in there
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like your way of thinking!!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I gained 3lbs this past week and sure enough TOM started this morning :devil: jumped on the scale and i lost those 3 lbs plus 1 more :happy: Wait a few days and jump on the scale again!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    During MTOM I always crave beer and pizza while watching sports and IDK why I gain 5lbs over the weekend WTF???? Beer and pizza though....swoooons:drinker:
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    i have just came on my period today and i'm having my 1st weigh in tomorrow?

will i bother or weigh til mebbies sat??
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Shocking! I had no idea periods could still cause weight gain after joining MFP! Thank you for the warning! :flowerforyou:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    At least you realize you

1. Are going to have a period no matter what

2. Probably retain fluid

3. Crave the most horrible foods

4. Know that you will go in ***** mode

:flowerforyou: Hang in there

And it will start all over again in a few weeks...