I just want to rant about my period.

Options

Replies

• HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I was definitely makin myself mad for no reason getting on at that time. Next month - scale will be out of reach a few days before until a few days after. Thanks ladies. SN: Periods suck but we bring life into the world. Women are so so uniquely splendid! Luv us!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Really? Is this going to be a daily thing where one of you have a period you all have to agree and then talk about how much weight you gained! So I guess every month you gain two ponds and at 40 years old you should be like 1000 pounds overweight!!!! Let's see if you guys talk about your period I'll talk about the diarrhea dump I took this morning! Why does corn never break down properly? Never eat beets and then look the next day....homicide scene!

Oh I'm sorry did I rant to much!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You know it's water and not fat, you know it will go away, what's there to stress about? :flowerforyou:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    At least you realize you

1. Are going to have a period no matter what

2. Probably retain fluid

3. Crave the most horrible foods

4. Know that you will go in ***** mode

:flowerforyou: Hang in there

And it will start all over again in a few weeks...

Oh crap, you mean I will go through this month after month for years and years?! It thought this was a one time thing. Thanks for keeping me informed :flowerforyou:
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    i have just came on my period today and i'm having my 1st weigh in tomorrow?

will i bother or weigh til mebbies sat??

Any help anyone? What would u all do?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Really? Is this going to be a daily thing where one of you have a period you all have to agree and then talk about how much weight you gained! So I guess every month you gain two ponds and at 40 years old you should be like 1000 pounds overweight!!!! Let's see if you guys talk about your period I'll talk about the diarrhea dump I took this morning! Why does corn never break down properly? Never eat beets and then look the next day....homicide scene!

And never eat Chilli Masala with extra chilli's. You might think it's fiery going in but you'll change your mind the next day.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It is the nature of the Beast sweet Pea !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why we are Bi*@#'s !!!!!!!!!! and to top it off it happens Month after month after month!!!!!!!!! uuuggghhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    With the availability of western medicines birth control it bogged my mind why women (without a medical condition) wouldn't take some.form of hormonal birth control to end cramps, bloating, ect...
  • Jorra
    Options
    i have just came on my period today and i'm having my 1st weigh in tomorrow?

will i bother or weigh til mebbies sat??

Any help anyone? What would u all do?

If you can't handle seeing a larger number even though you know the reason why, don't do it.
  • Jorra
    Options
    With the availability of western medicines birth control it bogged my mind why women (without a medical condition) wouldn't take some.form of hormonal birth control to end cramps, bloating, ect...

side effect risks, objection to medicine, hormonal issues, wanting to get pregnant..
  • erinrose07
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, trust me! I sometimes gain up to 5 or 6lbs from my period! It's not from eating either....but then once I see how much I've gained despite my efforts, I say "whatever" and give into my PMS cravings because the point seems mute. Sigh. (Not to mention skin breaking out, mood swings).....I think as women we get two weeks out of the month when we're somewhat normal and not afflicted by ridiculous hormones. Thanks for that nature. Hang in there girlie, it will be over in another week or so.
  • erinrose07
    Options
  • erinrose07
    Options

Some women would rather not take a pill to alter the natural state of their body. It actually blows my mind that some people believe so much in Western Medicine. It isn't always the answer and many times causes more problems then it solves.
    It also blows my mind why some people would eat chicken from McDonald's, use splenda instead of sugar and consume low-fat, fat-free, fake garbage and refer to it as food and even "healthy." But live and let live.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

This reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw yesterday: "Nuttier than a squirrel turd!"
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *shoots self in head*
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    *shoots self in head*

Save a bullet for me.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't bother weighing myself from about 3 days before mine starts til about 3 days after it ends. Why bother? You are just aggravating yourself for no reason.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day for me but I'm in the middle of TOM, thanks for the heads up that I'll weigh more than I expected, saves me scratching my head about it tomorrow.
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    I don't bother weighing myself from about 3 days before mine starts til about 3 days after it ends. Why bother? You are just aggravating yourself for no reason.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day for me but I'm in the middle of TOM, thanks for the heads up that I'll weigh more than I expected, saves me scratching my head about it tomorrow.

me too and it's me first weigh in ... booooooooooo
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Put your scale away while it that TOM, it's just not worth discouraging yourself over.

Agree and I try to weigh in at most once a week.
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    Put your scale away while it that TOM, it's just not worth discouraging yourself over.

Agree and I try to weigh in at most once a week.

only problem is that my 1st weigh-ins 2moro and i've been really good all week!
    now i came on.. i do not want to get weighed!