Options
124»

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Take 1 packet of dried onion soup
    1 jar of marmalade (sugar free) or any preserves that replicate marmalade
    1 bottle of fat free either California dressing or Catalina dressing.

Mix those three ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the chicken in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 or so minutes until you poke it and juices run clear.

Cheap easy way to make your own orange chicken!
  • dznofroses
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    last night I sliced it thin, tossed it in a pan to cook it, threw in some taco seasoning and water, simmered down, added peppers and onions, threw on the lid, simmered, and ate with cheese and small corn tortillas . . . protein, veggies, carbs, fats = filling
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Put the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Put a 'tab' (about 1 tbsp) of butter on to each chicken breast. Sprinkle about 1 tsp each of dried basil and garlic salt on them. Bake for 1 hour. Amazing, simple, and delicious!!

what temp do you use to bake these? sounds delicious!!

Sorry, I forgot that!I bake it at 350
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    bump
    Good question, thanks!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My favorite Dice chicken and marinate in balsamic vinaigrette for at least an hour. Chop fresh garlic and Jalapeno pepper, coat pan with a little oil and heat up garlic and pepper, throw in chicken until cooked. Add Rotel tomato and peppers simmer for about 10 minutes serve over brown rice. Spicy but good.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    bettycrocker.com is my go to website for recipies!! I cook with chicken all the time! *too much according to the bf lol* stir-frys are quick and easy, i love to just "shake and bake" chicken breasts and my new favorite is a chicken pot pie! yum!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • losing4baby
    losing4baby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry reading these! I'm not much of a cook, so thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming!
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Take 1 packet of dried onion soup
    1 jar of marmalade (sugar free) or any preserves that replicate marmalade
    1 bottle of fat free either California dressing or Catalina dressing.

Mix those three ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the chicken in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 or so minutes until you poke it and juices run clear.

Cheap easy way to make your own orange chicken!

Funny.... this is what I was making for supper tonight. One of our favs!
  • tiffanyctyree
    tiffanyctyree Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can save. I am the most vanilla cook ever. Great ideas!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Smother them in mushroom sauce

Season and brown both sides of the chicken in a skillet, then remove from pan
    Saute mushrooms in olive oil (same pan), keep a lip on them so you trap their moisture
    Then add a little flour, onion, and garlic, and stir for a few min until thick.
    Add chicken stock until you get the desired thickness
    Add the chicken breasts back and cook together till chicken is done

The whole process takes about 20 min

(this is awesome served with mashed veg (cauliflower, parsnips, whatever)

I am definitely trying this.

We usually just season the chicken, sea salt and pepper is good, but any spices work, sear either side of the chicken in a hot pan with a little olive oil, about 3 minutes each side, then put it right into the oven, for about 15=20 minutes. Let sit for 10 mintutes and eat. Simple, but delicious and juicy.

My other favorite way is a recipe I found in Runner's World. Soak the chicken in lowfat buttermilk with a little hot sauce added (enough buttermilk to cover the chicken. I use tons of hot sauce but would recommend starting with 2 tsp) for anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours. Season panko crumbs with cajan pepper and parmesean cheese. Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and shake it in a bag with the bread crumbs. Put on a cooking sheet with a little olive oil spray and refridgerate for a half hour. Bake for 20-30 minutes. We also pound out the chicken to make chicken burgers with this.
  • peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You could try my version of Nigella's 'Sluts spaghetti' - her name not mine!

1 jar of passata
    I large chicken fillet
    Small can of anchovy fillets in olive oil
    Handful of green beans
    Lean bacon - grilled until crispy
    I small onion
    Handful of sweetcorn
    Handful of mushrooms
    Any kind of pasta - roughly 2 handfuls
    Garlic
    Pepper
    Chilli flakes (amount depends on personal taste)
    Worcester sauce
    Italian seasoning

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and seal in a hot pan with a small amount of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and top up with a little water. Throw in the beans and sweetcorn. Add the passata and bring to a low simmer. Chop the bacon into small bits - add to pan. Chop approx half the anchovies and add them.Add the mushrooms. Add herbs and spices - amount according to preference. Mix well. Turn heat down to keep on a slow simmer while pasta cooks.

Serve over hot pasta.

This does enough for me for 2 meals, microwaves well if you keep the pasta apart and just heat with hot water, increases easily to serve more. If its just for me I add broccoli as well
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I never go wrong with a grilled chicken sandwich! I slice my 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts in half and grilled them (salt, pepper, and cayenne) in a skillet, add some onions on the side to saultee. I put the chicken and onions on a whole wheat bun, and serve with some mayo, mustard, lettuce, cucumbers, and a tomato. It's soooo good.
  • katherinehurleynelson
    Options
    Bumpies!