What do you do when you are sick?

So I'm currently battling a nasty head cold but still want to workout this evening. I think I may have to take it easy though.

When you are sick, what do you do?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    I take medicine and get rest.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    I give you credit for attempting to work out! Luckily, I don't get sick often, but when I do - it hits me SOO hard. Honestly - all I do is I lay on the couch fall asleep watching TV and I do some reading.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Rest and chill out. And guzzle about six litres of water.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

I also do this.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Knock myself out with NyQuil for 24-48hrs and then resume normal activity.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    I crave really spicy food. Don't know why.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    skip the exercise, eat properly, take meds, plenty fluids. <-- thats what i do anyway.

if u feeling to workout, do something light. dont push it too much, your body needs to heal
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    I do very little when sick or when my babies are sick. Your body is tell you to rest, so you don't get worse. Listen to your body. Right now, I am not feeling well. Stuff has be going around our house for 2 weeks now. I did some toning earlier but that is all I have the energy for. Take it easy and get some rest.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

I also do this.

As do I.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Planning to get some running and lifting in tonight after I finish my 10.5 hour day at work :(

Do you feel a little better after working out? I figure I can still breath alright, so why not get my heart rate up and burn some calories.
  • Rest.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    I'm drinking tons of water and taking DayQuil.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    get some rest. hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    sleeping bag on the couch while watching movies...
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    your body needs to recouperate..get some rest and plenty plenty of fluids. the exercises will still be there when you feel better because your body does not have the energy to burn right now.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    I love gatorade and tomato soup when I am sick. Not together of course. I also just lay around
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    I'm sick as well, I've been resting and getting my liquids. I want to be doing my work outs. I tried one night and only made it half way through.
  • chele76
    chele76 Posts: 28 Member
    This summer I pushed though a cold and paid for it in the long run. I ended up with a nasty sinus infection (never realized they could get so bad) and severe coughing fits. I eventually went to the doctor (at the recommendation of my trainer) and the dr made me take off 10 days. It was the longest and hardest 10 days of my life!

So if you're feeling not so good, take the rest now. Don't push through it or you may be side lined for a longer period of time.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    I'd skip the workouts, just take it easy. Obviously your body NEEDS rest....
  • moriam
    moriam Posts: 4
    Funnily enough, exercise helps me recover quicker from cold/flu, especially jogging. Not sure why though!
    I guess there's some evidence that staying active boosts you immunity, and working you lungs harder probably helps you get rid of chesty infections, but who knows...