What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym??? Mine is...

Options
When the person in front of me is watching the Food Network.... Today they were making an awesome looking dessert.... sigh!

Replies

• judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    when someone is talking and having a conversation on the phone i cant stand that its like hello everyone can hear you and by the way yes she knows her husband is cheating on her as well as your entire gym
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    lol, soooo many, do I have to choose one?
    1. waiting for equipment
    2. after waiting having to clean up sweet
    3. the loud music
    4. membership fees
    5. too many people
    6. membership fees, ooops I already mentioned that!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    People at the gym there to try to hook up.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Two ot them.

1) The guy who weighs himself on the gym scale naked.

2) The guy who stands at the sink, stark naked, and shaves, while leaning against the counter top. Gross.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That sweaty person who never wipes down the machines.
    And the girl who wears shorts that look like panties.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    When there is a ROW of EMPTY machines, and you HAVE to get on the one next to me! REALLY? REALLY? That, and people who don't wipe down after their workout! EW. GROSS. that is why I always wipe down before I get on.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh now that is just nasty. I think I would find another gym...lol
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    People who don't follow the order in the circuit training room. They are numbered for a reason!!

Also, the guy who carries his pillow around. I still haven't figured out why. :noway:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    When I'm in the pool and people decide to wander into my lane and just stay there (not swimming or anything, just standing there), or when they start swimming in the same lane in the opposite direction, I mean really, how hard is it to see that we're just going to collide? This happens a LOT too. So frustrating.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The girl or guy who rubbernecks to see the info on my machine!

And then tries to match my speed or exceed it!!
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The guys that just walk around naked. Shaving, sitting on the benches, standing in front of the hand drier to dry themselves off. Man they just suck.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    when someone leaves their towel or water bottle or notepad on the lifting bench to keep other people from using it until they come back! It's fine if you are grabbing your water or something, but don't leave your crap on the bench for 5 minutes while you work at a different machine, just because you want it to be available when you are done. RUDE.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    when someone leaves their towel or water bottle or notepad on the lifting bench to keep other people from using it until they come back! It's fine if you are grabbing your water or something, but don't leave your crap on the bench for 5 minutes while you work at a different machine, just because you want it to be available when you are done. RUDE.

I hate this one too!
  • Leviram
    Leviram Posts: 77
    Options
    When people come into the gym and expect you to get off the machine when clearly you just got on. Then they hover and hover to see the time on your machine! And the sweat is another nasty one. YOu see it dripping and they don't bother to clean it up.
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh whoops sjadams01...I always watch the food network while I work out :)

My pet peeve is a crowded gym. I love going early weekend nights and no one is there. I don't feel like anyone is awkwardly watching how uncoordinated I am, and I can do weights easily without waiting!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yep the food network message does top the peeve....However mine was broken headphones....Yep....
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    oversell. not enough equipment to go around. some active people in my area. :laugh:
  • sjadams01
    Options
    JustBeachy01,
    I forgive you.... I was really hungry today and it looked so good!!!!! :smile:
  • sjadams01
    Options
    Also, the guy who carries his pillow around. I still haven't figured out why. :noway:

.... interesting...
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The guy at the pool who rests for 5 minutes and then races me for a lap, all while I'm just warming up. If you want to race, let me know!