What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym??? Mine is...

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Guys that don't re-rack their free weights. Especially when their max weight is lower than my starting warm up. Having to re-rack their puny 25lb weights to put on my 45lb ones on is irritating. Especially when I have to add the 25s on the next set.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I HATE the aftermath of the water aerobics class. Puddles of water EVERYWHERE, including in the bathroom stalls. Come on ladies, DRY YOURSELF OFF! I don't know how many times I've almost slipped and cracked my head open because of all the puddles.
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    1. Women that wear too much makeup
    2. Women that curl 2 lb dumbbells ...
    3. Women that talk too freaking much instead of working out.
    4. People that do not re-rack their weights.
    5. People that get their sweat all over a machine and don't wipe it down after.
    6. The guy that stares me down while I'm spinning.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Sorry, my fault. :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    1. When the men give me this mean glare everytime I go lift weights...... I give them this look back like "Girls rule"....lol
    2. When people hold a conversation right by you when your on the machine... Like it's very uncomfortable that your talking near my butt while I'm on the stair master.... It's so weird...
    3. People who eat in the gym while on the machines
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    the not so skinny girl at my gym that makes rude comments about "fat people".
  • sweetpunani
    Options

Sorry, my fault. :)

dammit stop doing that. It's very distracting when I can see you in my peripheral!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    People who hock up loogies and blow their noses in the showers.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When the person in front of me is watching the Food Network.... Today they were making an awesome looking dessert.... sigh!

They always have this channel on at my gym...on the big screen! I am always like "WTF?!" I guess they are ensuring they stay in business.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not racking your weights, putting away your plyo boxes, or tires
    Interrupting me in a set
    Interrupting me between sets (if the headphones are on, they are on for a reason)
    Wearing so much perfume or cologne or perfume that I feel like im back in the CS chamber at boot camp
    "Bears" working out without a shirt on
    Not wiping down the bench or bag after you sweat all over it
    Blocking the mirror to pose when im trying to correct my form
    oh..and taking the squat rack to do curls

But really, im a heck of a nice guy and glad to help!
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    when your trying to work out and the guy next to you is starring at you by looking at the mirror infront of the gym.
  • JaredBergeron
    Options
    when your trying to work out and the guy next to you is starring at you by looking at the mirror infront of the gym.

Creepy...but could be flattering... I get alot of folks staring at me, even had one come up to me and apologize just saying they were new and I looked like i knew what i was doing lol. Maybe he was checking out your form ;)
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When women who smell like they just took a bathe in their perfume and wear tons of makeup... really? 'If your still cute after your workout, you didnt work hard enough!!' lol
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When women who smell like they just took a bathe in their perfume and wear tons of makeup... really? 'If your still cute after your workout, you didnt work hard enough!!' lol

Yes! I hate that, the girl who works next to me with bright blue eyeshadow and their hair blown out. Seriously?

Also, Anyone have those girls at the gym who have pounds of make up on and never actually go on a machine? They just hold their water bottle and walk around eyeing all the guys LOL
  • JaredBergeron
    Options
    Ohhh one more, loud grunting and throwing the weights down, then looking around the gym like your trying to pick a fight, after an isolation exercise...I can see if your squatting but doing a concentration curl...try again, no one is impressed.
  • JaredBergeron
    Options
    Also, Anyone have those girls at the gym who have pounds of make up on and never actually go on a machine? They just hold their water bottle and walk around eyeing all the guys LOL

LOL yep sounds like 24. More of a meat market than a house of pain... I changed gyms.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    All of the above.

Dropping the weights on the floor. The only weight dropping noise should be from deadlifts.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I have a hard time setting down the 75lb dumbells nice and quiet after a set of bench presses. Sorry
  • JaredBergeron
    Options
    Oh... last one I promise...

Gyms that discriminate against people that have built their bodies... whats up with that..! Damm planet fitness. Commercials are a bit funny but still :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXo3Wr_nYU
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

^^^ YES! I about started cracking up when I saw these 2 girls at a half marathon completely made up and getting ready to run. I really wish I would have seen what they looked liked afterward.
    And EXACTLY if you are still cute you didn't work hard enough! :laugh: