RANTING- not for the easily offended

Options
124»

Replies

• woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    P.s Im not trying to attack you or put your post down it was quite valid its not nice for people to be put down based on their weight i just think that you failed to see that its equally as bad when you use those kind of names your self even if it is against those people who put your friends down

personally i dont hold allot to words im fine with the word fat i mean i am fat and hey if i ever get thin and someone calls me anorexic i will just brush that off to but some people it can hurt and i think you should be mindful of that especially when in a site like this
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Being FAT is something you do to YOURSELF
    there are other factors, but I blame myself for getting fat
    Anorexia is a SERIOUS MENTAL ILLNESS
    I'm FAT. like.. I don't understand why people are freaking the hell out
    maybe I'm just not easily offended

but really... calm down
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Popcorn----check
    laptop----check
    on the couch---check
    throw up bucket because I ate the popcorn---check

This is better than TV!
    Can I have some popcorn? :smile:

Come up on the couch and get under the blankey...you can have 6 kernels....can't have you getting fat!
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

but really... calm down
    actually people could have reasons to weight gain. Thyroid problems is a main factor in that. But we don't understand why you're freaking out so much either.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post

it is class-less ):

I DO NOT think little over overweight people, that's just stupid I've been pverweight my whole life I'm still overweight my best friend is overweight my ENTIRE family is overweight
    It's me SAYING that calling someone anorexic just because they're thinner than you IS NOT RIGHT
    end of story

But the way you went about saying it was rude and demeaning. You could have come in here been calm, cool, and collected, explained yourself well in a polite way, and gotten a much different response.

I just think overweight people call skinnier people anorexic becuase they're jealous and in comparison to them they are really really skinny....
    Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can call everyone thats thin anorexic. '-'

No your very right ,I dont deny that at all becuase it is definitely not something you want to be called cuz it doesnt mean a good thing
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Popcorn----check
    laptop----check
    on the couch---check
    throw up bucket because I ate the popcorn---check

This is better than TV!
    Can I have some popcorn? :smile:

Come up on the couch and get under the blankey...you can have 6 kernels....can't have you getting fat!

how about 5? lol but no no if i get fatter i might start calling everyone anorexic
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

but really... calm down

....... lolin' at the fact you just told everyone to calm down when you're the one capsin' all up in here and swearing.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Especially because two of my best friends are just naturally very THIN and have been picked on and are now trying REALLY hard to PUT ON weight
    and when people are like "you're anorexic"
    when they're trying so hard?
    just no.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    HOW THE HELL is me trying to say calling someone anorexic is not a good thing to do especiially if you don't know them

Rudeness is offensive. Also, being anorexic isn't "bad name" it's not the most insulting thing to call a person. Do you think so very lowly of people with eating disorders that you find the thought of it OFFENSIVE? Interesting fact, we're people, just like you. We have a condition/disease/disorder, but we're people don't, don't make it sound like we have the freaking plague.
    No i do not find the thought of it offensive i was saying that you just shouldnt go around calling people anorexic because it's a seriously illness.. like... what you don't even make sense

Not using proper English and punctuation doesn't make sense either. You're clearly very upset by this conversation, so you should leave the discussion to the grown ups.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post

it is class-less ):

I DO NOT think little over overweight people, that's just stupid I've been pverweight my whole life I'm still overweight my best friend is overweight my ENTIRE family is overweight
    It's me SAYING that calling someone anorexic just because they're thinner than you IS NOT RIGHT
    end of story

But the way you went about saying it was rude and demeaning. You could have come in here been calm, cool, and collected, explained yourself well in a polite way, and gotten a much different response.

I just think overweight people call skinnier people anorexic becuase they're jealous and in comparison to them they are really really skinny....
    Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can call everyone thats thin anorexic. '-'

No your very right ,I dont deny that at all becuase it is definitely not something you want to be called cuz it doesnt mean a good thing
    True,its probably one of the most offensive things to call someone.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    i loovvee caps lock dude
    but really... im capsing to make a point.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    HOW THE HELL is me trying to say calling someone anorexic is not a good thing to do especiially if you don't know them

Rudeness is offensive. Also, being anorexic isn't "bad name" it's not the most insulting thing to call a person. Do you think so very lowly of people with eating disorders that you find the thought of it OFFENSIVE? Interesting fact, we're people, just like you. We have a condition/disease/disorder, but we're people don't, don't make it sound like we have the freaking plague.
    No i do not find the thought of it offensive i was saying that you just shouldnt go around calling people anorexic because it's a seriously illness.. like... what you don't even make sense

I typed up a lovely response, explaining myself, but I figured you wouldn't get it the second time around either.

The short version: Get your head dislodged and learn to use your MFP blog so the rest of us don't have to see your offensive and pointless rantings.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don’t like it when someone calls me skinny…, I’m NOT!
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

Not using proper English and punctuation doesn't make sense either. You're clearly very upset by this conversation, so you should leave the discussion to the grown ups.
    Proper grammar isn't important in here obviously. :laugh:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

A brief explanation on the locking of this thread

Please note the following forum rule:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

You may review the forum rules in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Thanks for your understanding,

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.