Amazing Green Tea+Lemon Benefits!

Options
2»

Replies

• WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    After spending years living in Japan, I just can't stand those tea with other flavour blends. I also dislike the green tea available in tea bags -- in my experience it is really low grade, bitter, and unpleasant. If you want good green tea buy some loose tea at a tea or Asian shop and get a tea strainer so you can pour the water through. Most Jpanese people wait only a minute before they drink the first steeping and it has a really light flavour that is also probably pretty light on the caffeine. It has never upset my stomach. With good green tea you can pour water through about three times. If you let it steep a bit longer, up to three minutes, there should be more caffeine. And you can put leftover tea in the fridge and drink it cold as most of Asia does.

My favourite teas are Genmai-cha (the one with popped white rice in it) for general drinking and with many foods, and sencha for excellent morning tea and drinking on its own or with a small afternoon sweet or snack. Believe me, it's nothing like that stuff in the tea bags.