Gotta Hate.... and Love ex boyfriends!

Options
jsteinberg87
jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
Upon an almost 70 pound weight loss, when everyone crowds around me telling me I look like a different person... He says, "I didn't notice anything different about you... maybe your hair?"

Yet is now starting to text me on weekends asking me to hang out. Um no.

1. You dumped me because I was fat.
2. Even if I was single, I realized what a *kitten* you are.
3. You know I've had a boyfriend for the last two years right?
4. I don't care if you want to try to get me drunk just to give you another look, I found someone who loved me when I was invisible. And I love him more than words.
5. Go find a new girl who will obsess over you, so you can pick her apart too, and wonder why you're STILL alone.

*EDIT* Check out page two for the most inspiring poem I've read and learned verbatim in a long time.

Replies

• juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    **Like**
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. :)
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Don't you love it when they come crawling back once they know what they are missing?
    :drinker:
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    you go girl!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    gotta admit, I totally came in here thinking, ugh, not another one of "those" threads... But, KUDOS to you for dropping the weight and the dead weight, too! And, congrats on finding someone who loves you for you! Rock on!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    any guy that doesn't want you while you're overweight, or while you're wearing sweat pants with your hair messed up and no makeup on isn't a guy whose worth your time! Good job finding a guy who loves you for who you are and not just one that wants to be with you when you look hot!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    Oh and get this... I get a text saying, "You are the only girl I still think about, you're the only one with any kind of matching intellectual capacity, and you're funny, and you're funny, and you're pretty. My bad.... 8 years ago, my bad" LMFAO
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    True that girl!!! Thats just ridiculous....he def doesnt deserve you, didnt then and doesnt now, good for you! I am happy you are in love with your current bf as well! I love love! lol
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    Don't you love it when they come crawling back once they know what they are missing?
    :drinker:

Not gonna lie, kinda love it. And love I'm smart enough to have learned through pain and heartbreak what he really is...
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    gotta admit, I totally came in here thinking, ugh, not another one of "those" threads... But, KUDOS to you for dropping the weight and the dead weight, too! And, congrats on finding someone who loves you for you! Rock on!

Yep, this subject can be redundant. Does this count as a non scale victory? HAHAHA - I would prefer him to just stop texting me alltogether. But one day, when I'm a hot *kitten* *****, I'll get to tell his pathetic *kitten* off.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You're great and emotionally healthy and refreshingly sane. Thank you.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you....reminds me of that saying "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"

Congrats on your success!!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    Makes me have so much love for my boyfriend now, who's been so supportive of me, no matter what. He loved me at my heaviest, and he loves me even more for taking charge of my life to get healthy. Its amazing the differences between a boy and a man.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Amen, girl - which is partly why I am getting a divorce from my ex. I had enough with is verbal abuse, but now that I have lost 56 lbs he is trying to get me back (too late - already dating someone else who worships me). Go to love revenge sometimes, lol!!!!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    HAHAHA - yeah took a long time to get to where I am now. But yes, emotionally healthy is something I've strived for. And until I was emotionally healthy, I wasn't ready to lose the weight. Now I am, and fast!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend just like this. I cannot WAIT until he comes crawling back. I'm going to give him a swift kick in the heart.!
    You go girl! And congrats on your better man!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Makes me have so much love for my boyfriend now, who's been so supportive of me, no matter what. He loved me at my heaviest, and he loves me even more for taking charge of my life to get healthy. Its amazing the differences between a boy and a man.

And likewise the difference between a girl and a woman.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Love this. Darling self esteem is the best thing you can have whether you're fat or thin. Telling this guy where to go will stay with you forever.

In my young days I had a boyfriend who treated me so bad. He'd dump me and then pick me up again at his whim. I was so in love with him I would fall for it every time. One time we were apart I lost 4½ stone (almost 70lbs). I saw him across the street one day and he didn't recognise me. He called that night and asked me to come to his place. I told him I couldn't cos I had a date. Oh that felt so good I can still remember it second for second 25 years later.