Thanksgiving Day- What are you doing?

Options
13»

Replies

• Red5446
    Red5446 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SilkySly that is awesome! You deserve whatever you want to be made for you!

In response to the question, I am probably not logging everything, because I'll be cooking all day and then busy hanging out with my family, but I am going to try small portions of the fatty stuff and lots of veggies in between. I'm beginning my training to become a step instructor the previous weekend, so I'll be busy learning the choreography, which should keep me fairly active.

Also, here is a video survival guide that Hungry Girl did for Rachel Ray. Might be of assistance:
    http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/backstage-pass-extra-holiday-eating-tips-hungry-girl/
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am definitely NOT skipping out on Thanksgiving or Christmas! They are two of my favorite Holidays. I surely won't over due it though. I will most likely have a tiny bit of everything to be satisfied. A few weeks ago my family did a very small turkey meal just because they wanted to and I took a spoonful of everything made. I looked at it as practice for the real day! :-)

I will log everything and measure everything I put in my mouth.... it's the right way and the only way I can stay on track!

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    5k with the fam, then lunch probably. It will be a business as usual day.

Soap Box:
    We all have to stop associating family togetherness time as a time to gorge ourselves!! That's been my hat for the past forever...where you had to try EVERYTHING which ended up being 2 paltes worth and THEN adding 2 desserts. *shudder*

Best wishes!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'll be cooking, and I don't know if it's because I smell all the great smells, while I'm in the kitchen, but I find that I don't eat as much when I cook, as when I go to a restaurant. Not really gonna worry, either....I want to enjoy life and T'giving is part of it!
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat what I want. I'm not big on turkey, so my mom makes ham for my sister and I. We always make a hashbrown casserole and stuffing, so I plan to enjoy myself. We never have these foods any other time of the year, so it's my one time per year to enjoy them. I am really looking forward to pumpkin pie cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
  • bowmanj35
    bowmanj35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be recovery from donating my kidney to my friend’s mother. Hope someone else will cook for me!

thats one way to lose some weight!!! No just kidding in all actuality thats a pretty awesome thing to do! Someone better be cooking for you...
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to eat smaller portions...but I don't know how well that will go over. Not going to stress too much because its a holdiay, and I don't eat like that everyday.
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    walking a 5K with the kids in the morning, their first time out to one, while the wife runs it.

Then it's NOMNOMNOMNOM football NOMNOMNOMNOM sleep

Friday...guilt and fond memories.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We are a party of two: just my husband and I... but Ill be cooking for four plates where I know my husband will want seconds, and I can have the extra for the next day...

Stuffed Turkey Breasts - pounded thin, stuffing will be broccoli, boursin/mozzarella cheese mix, fresh garlic and herbs - will be rolled in a lightly seasoned panko-crumb.

Fresh made gravy that will use fresh turkey stock, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, EVOO and cornstarch (I dont digest flour well)

Deconstructed Spanakopita for an appetizer using artichoke bottoms that are filled with baby spinach, feta, lemon juice, garlic and herbs and a thinly sliced tomato on top - roasted in the oven.... very yummy

Hubby will have his traditional garlic-butter mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing (pumperknickel/oatmeal bread with mirepoix, garlic and herbs) available to him.

Vegetables are always fresh steamed carrots as-is for me, steamed corn for him.

Will make biscuits for him because I know he loves to sop up the gravy with it....

I love freshly sliced cucumbers - the crunch is very addictive for me.

Dessert for him will be an Apple Tart-Fine because he gave me a blow-torch to use for when Im cooking, and I definitely need it to make this dessert.

Dessert for me will be 'pumpkin ice cream' made with my Designer Whey-100 Cal French Vanilla protein powder... Ill make up this smoothie ahead of time and freeze it...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I shall be working out that morning, then eating everything I want. Then back to normal the next day.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I will definitely be working out that morning too!! But again, I won't shy away from anything, just eat it in moderation and you will be fine!

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter