Does a mom carrying octuplets need to eat more?

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Has she got an UDDER?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Has she got an UDDER?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree it's a crummy situation. There's no reason to give someone as many hormones as she'd need for 8 eggs to ovulate.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a limit like hotmom said. Three is plenty to implant when the goal should be a healthy baby. Then if by chance you get 3 it is still a safer pregnancy and delivery.

I think that the people and drs that are doing these larger multiples are only doing it for the notariaty that they gain. It is so unfair to exploit babies.
  • hmo4
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! The Docs will resuscitate a fetus, or a very ill baby, just to brag to their peers or make an article in a Health Mag at all costs in the situation. Not even really thinking of the quality of life this poor family will have, costs medically, and they'll do it for PRACTICE!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Has she got an UDDER?

Seriously though... how will she breastfeed 8 children? Will she be ABLE to stop pumping? Can one set of ta-tas produce THAT much milk? (They are preemies now but will need more later.) Will she supplement?
  • hmo4
    Options
    First of all, IVF women have a harder time producing milk-but it can be done. I wouldn't think they'd start feeding those kids right away. Who knows, she'll be hooked up around the clock. All the women i've delt with, hate it. But do it cause the baby's sick. :drinker: She better be drinking a few GALLONS of water, never mind just the 8 glasses we do!:laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Did you see the latest??? Octuplet mom has 6 other kids at home!!! Ages 7,6,5,3, and set of 2yr old twins! Now that's what I call a house full!
  • hmo4
    Options
    And she needed IVF? Give me a break! Who's supporting all these kids? She should be giving a few of those babies to people who can't have kids...:laugh:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Have you ever seen John and Kate plus 8. They have twins and Sextuplets. The six were preemies but healthy
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    WHITTIER, Calif. (AP) -- The mother of octuplets born this week in Southern California now has a total of 14 children to feed and clothe.

The infants' grandmother told the Los Angeles Times her daughter already has six other children, and had undergone fertility treatments.

Angela Suleman said her daughter refused the option of eliminating some of the embryos implanted last year. She said "it's going to be difficult" for her daughter -- -- whose identity has not been released by the family -- to care for so many children, but describes the eight newborns as "so tiny and so beautiful."

Her daughter gave birth Monday by Caesarean section at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center.

The six boys and two girls are expected to remain in the hospital for several more weeks. All have been receiving intravenous nutrition but seven also are being tube-fed donated breast milk.
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    OH GOD!:huh:
    14 KIDS:ohwell:
    YEAH FREAKING RIGHT......:noway:
    i go in sane with 3:explode:
    seriosuly....she needs like 12 differnt nannies to handle all of that household:indifferent:

better her than me:drinker:
  • keiko
    Options
    I have nothing against single moms so please don't take this the wrong way. But there is no mention of a husband, she lives with her parents. I just find the whole situation alittle strange.
    The dad/grandpa says they have a big house somewhere where the press will never find them. Oh I guess not until they get thier own tv show!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I realize we don't know the whole story and I'm a single mom myself, but I don't understand why in the world a single mom with six kids already and living with her parents would even think about IVF. I don't mean to be judgemental but I think that's just ridiculous. :ohwell: It will be interesting to hear the rest of the story.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Latest article-

There was no immediate information on whether she is married or who the father of the babies is.

The mother of the octuplets lives with her parents in a modest, single-story home on a quiet cul-de-sac in Whittier, a Los Angeles suburb of about 85,000.

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier.

Jessica Zepeda, who identified herself as a friend of the mother, said the woman and family would have enough money to raise 14 children. "She is not on welfare," Zepeda said. "She is an awesome mom, and will be able to take care of her babies."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28939439

okay wait a second...she has enough money to take care of 14 kids but she filed bankruptcy??? And I see they have figured out where the "unfindable" big house is.
    Is anybody else wondering if this is all just to get her 15 minutes of fame?????
  • hmo4
    Options
    WHITTIER, Calif. (AP) -- The mother of octuplets born this week in Southern California now has a total of 14 children to feed and clothe.

The infants' grandmother told the Los Angeles Times her daughter already has six other children, and had undergone fertility treatments.

Angela Suleman said her daughter refused the option of eliminating some of the embryos implanted last year. She said "it's going to be difficult" for her daughter -- -- whose identity has not been released by the family -- to care for so many children, but describes the eight newborns as "so tiny and so beautiful."

Her daughter gave birth Monday by Caesarean section at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center.

The six boys and two girls are expected to remain in the hospital for several more weeks. All have
    been receiving intravenous nutrition but seven also are being tube-fed donated breast milk.

Are you kidding me? That would be the day I'd let them feed my babies Donated Breast milk! We do not do that in Canada anymore as breast milk it is a bodily fluid, and the risk of HIV, Hep C and other "contents". This whole story is completely insane.:noway: :grumble:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Latest article-

There was no immediate information on whether she is married or who the father of the babies is.

The mother of the octuplets lives with her parents in a modest, single-story home on a quiet cul-de-sac in Whittier, a Los Angeles suburb of about 85,000.

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier.

Jessica Zepeda, who identified herself as a friend of the mother, said the woman and family would have enough money to raise 14 children. "She is not on welfare," Zepeda said. "She is an awesome mom, and will be able to take care of her babies."

okay wait a second...she has enough money to take care of 14 kids but she filed bankruptcy??? And I see they have figured out where the "unfindable" big house is.
    Is anybody else wondering if this is all just to get her 15 minutes of fame?????

she went bankrupt with TWO homes and six children?
    and no husband but IVF and 8 more babies?
    methinks she is a little nutty.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how she got the money for the IVF. That's a really expensive procedure.
  • hmo4
    Options
    Latest article-

she went bankrupt with TWO homes and six children?
    and no husband but IVF and 8 more babies?
    methinks she is a little nutty.

Me thinks you're right..:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    wow, I am glad that I just have 2, and they are 2 years apart, thank God.
  • keiko
    Options
    This whole thing makes me sad. Children/babies are being exploited and they call it a miracle. I am as upset that doctors would do this as I am that she wanted this done.