For the Married or Previously Married..

Options
cobracars
cobracars Posts: 949 Member
I guess this qualifies as 'chit-chat'....

If you are currently married or used-to-be married,
Which is/was better...the wedding or the marriage?

Replies

• livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Which was better? Apples and oranges .. The two are completely different entities.

However, I'd like to add ... One should last longer than the other...emphasis on 'should'.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The wedding was a day. I would hope the marriage would be better for everyone, no matter how short it may have been.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I guess this qualifies as 'chit-chat'....

If you are currently married or used-to-be married,
    Which is/was less miserable...the wedding or the marriage?

Fixed.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hmm, wedding was one day/night. Marriage (So far) has been 6 years and amazing. Married my best friend, and we keep each other happy. I'm going to definitely go with the marriage :)
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think that the marriage is better. Especially when you and the spouse find yourselves in one of those funny moments when you both know exactly what the other is thinking without saying it and you both start laughing!

I married my best friend so it's definitely been GREAT!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Married for almost 3 years, and if I could do it again I would just get married at city hall and I have a family dinner, almost had a nervous break down planning my wedding. ( 6 weeks to do it, 250 people and no, I wasn't pregnant lol), my marriage is much better, 100%
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    My wedding 2 months ago was amazing. It was perfect in every way and a dream come true. However, my marriage has been nothing but incredible, and it is still going and will continue to go strong for the rest of my life, so I'm going with marriage
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my marriage is great! it gets better each day. planning the wedding? i hated it.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think that the marriage is better. Especially when you and the spouse find yourselves in one of those funny moments when you both know exactly what the other is thinking without saying it and you both start laughing!

I married my best friend so it's definitely been GREAT!

Agreed!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Previously married.
    Both were equally ---- um well they both rated up there as sucking big time!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Previously married.
    Both were equally ---- um well they both rated up there as sucking big time!

'Both' as in wedding and marriage. (Didn't mean to imply I made the same mistake twice!)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    actually two totally different experiences.... well at least for the most part.

the day was easy.

marriage can be amazing and wonderful, but it takes consistent work. worth it big time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Wedding was great! Marriage is da bomb! Will be 13 years just after Thanksgiving!!!!!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I had high hopes for both
    I wasn't that honest with myself

THE best part of the wedding is my entire family was together. All my remaining grandparents died within a year, it was the last time we were together.

Regarding the marriage, I should have taken it as a bad sign when I broke out in head to toe hives a week before the wedding.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    The wedding was small and sweet, and inexpensive. But the Marriage is much much better! It will be 4 years in march!:love::heart:
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Which is/was better...the wedding or the marriage?

neither. :frown:
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    looking at it like weight loss sure its great when you loose all the water weight (the wedding) But its so much sweeter to see the journey unfold, the daily changes and struggles, successes, and even the plateaus. Eventually hitting the goal of growing old together.

The Marriage is

14 years in March
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    My wedding was one day of beautiful perfection. My marriage is real and is imperfect and is a lot of work.

I'm going with wedding.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    When I got married the first time I was very young and immature and really just ended up wanting a wedding. I guess I didn't really know how much work a marriage was! I got married again a few years later and that wedding was really small, no big dress, no big reception. Didn't need the big wedding, all I wanted was to be married to the most amazing man on the planet. Been married 14 years and going stronger than ever. So my long winded answer....marriage!

Oh, but we did renew our vows on our 12th anniversary at a drive-thru chapel in Vegas and that was awesome! Best wedding/vow renewal ever!!! : )
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My wedding was hectic, I guess you could say. I was so busy being busy that I forgot to enjoy it. We are going to have another one on our 20th anniversary. I will be sure to enjoy that one :tongue: Marriage...14 years thus far. Good days, bad days...wouldn't change a thing. That's how love goes :heart: